2 explosions at Boston Marathon, UPDATE: at least 3 dead, 144 injured - Page 27 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #391
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 explosions at Boston Marathon, UPDATE: at least 3 dead, 144 injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Canada arrested two men this morning who were allegedly plotting to blow up a passenger train.

An police official has stated that the men have been watched for over a year and received directions from Al Qaeda elements in Iran.

The men are not Canadians.
Al Qaeda in Iran? That seems strange because AlQaeda is sunni and Iran definitely shi'ite.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #392
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 explosions at Boston Marathon, UPDATE: at least 3 dead, 144 injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
No, I don't imply that at all. I simply call things from as I see them. You have long taken far right positions regarding topics like immigration and Islam in Europe positions. It's pretty clear what your motivations are.
That's a pretty baseless call. You don't have to be racist to favour a strict immigration policy and oppose fundamentalist Islam.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #393
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

As you can see from abraxas' post, he has deluded himself into a belief that if you call something right wing, then by definition it follows that it is also racist.
But at least he had the honesty to admit it is as he sees it, not necessarily based in logic.

For instance, all the anti-semitism of the Chavez government would not be classed as racism, because Chavez was not white.

Last edited by buddyholly : 04-23-2013 at 12:23 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:20 AM   #394
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Al Qaeda in Iran? That seems strange because AlQaeda is sunni and Iran definitely shi'ite.
That is being discussed quite a bit. I am not clear on the details but I assume that there are Al Qaeda operatives in Iran. It is not the Iranian government that was mentioned, but just that the directions and guidance was coming out of the country of Iran.

Last edited by buddyholly : 04-23-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:29 AM   #395
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Canada arrested two men this morning who were allegedly plotting to blow up a passenger train.

An police official has stated that the men have been watched for over a year and received directions from Al Qaeda elements in Iran.

The men are not Canadians.
The Mounties always get their man! Well done!

is there nothing?  Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal
certainly win Roger? Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)
Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.

Click for Jacko & Bubble-Rod => http://postimg.org/image/tvdauba7z/
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:55 AM   #396
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Awwwww, no video of the Lumberjack Song?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:58 AM   #397
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post

You must be kidding.

How exactly did communists kill in the name of atheism? Communists killed in the name of... communism. An ideology based on a dogma that involved elements of anti-clericalism.
I love how atheists want to have their cake and eat it.

A. Were they atheists?
B. did they kill millions?

Full stop.

The moronic Dawkins and Harris argument that. " we're nice atheists, they, mean evil people, they not atheists like us atheist" holds as much weight as hitchens liver.

Al Qaeda are a bunch of sick fucks who have taken religion hostage and use it to promote their anarchy, they are no different to Stalin. Islamist a religion of over a billion, I'd be surprised if al Qaeda makes up 100 000, that's less than 1% and so it really is a cult. If it ever gained any popularity it would have been because of American imperialism and mass killing in those petroleum wars.

When atheist Stalin was killing millions in the gulags just as china do today, they had mass support, and a populace that thought it was the right thing to do.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:04 AM   #398
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

You know what pisses me off, if someone dumb fuck blows myself up, a suicide bomber. Some smart ass says to a Muslim friend of mine, " we'll it's your religion, you need to sort it out"

1. Thanks for lumping 1 billion different people together based on 1 single thing we share

2. If you're Caucasian and someone walks unto you and says, Charles Manson was a white like you, you need to sort that shit out... What would you say to them?
Old 04-23-2013, 02:07 AM   #399
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I would say, "No, shit, man. You're right."
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:34 AM   #400
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post

2. If you're Caucasian and someone walks unto you and says, Charles Manson was a white like you, you need to sort that shit out... What would you say to them?
I would say that it's already sorted and add that neither of us chose to be white.

Last edited by buddyholly : 04-23-2013 at 02:43 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:27 AM   #401
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I love how atheists want to have their cake and eat it.

A. Were they atheists?
B. did they kill millions?

Full stop.

The moronic Dawkins and Harris argument that. " we're nice atheists, they, mean evil people, they not atheists like us atheist" holds as much weight as hitchens liver.

Al Qaeda are a bunch of sick fucks who have taken religion hostage and use it to promote their anarchy, they are no different to Stalin. Islamist a religion of over a billion, I'd be surprised if al Qaeda makes up 100 000, that's less than 1% and so it really is a cult. If it ever gained any popularity it would have been because of American imperialism and mass killing in those petroleum wars.

When atheist Stalin was killing millions in the gulags just as china do today, they had mass support, and a populace that thought it was the right thing to do.
Ignore people like Har-Tru. They're convinced they're fighting the "good fight." I try to be sympathetic to these types because it's always possible that something bad happened to them at some point, perhaps by a family member, or a "priest," etc. Often times people make the mistake of indicted God as well based on the hypocrisy or misbehaviour of the so-called "faithful." It's the only possible explanation for such a caustic and bitter attitude. There are many ways to improve one's attitude though such as building houses for the poor (habitat for humanity), or volunteering in a soup kitchen. Our personal resources, time and energy is finite, and we must chose our battles carefully and focus on the things in life which really need to be changed. Misguided causes are always sad and unfortunate. His is one of them.
is there nothing?  Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal
certainly win Roger? Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)
Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.

Click for Jacko & Bubble-Rod => http://postimg.org/image/tvdauba7z/
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:12 AM   #402
country flag vpmrosulate

vpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know what pisses me off, if someone dumb fuck blows myself up, a suicide bomber. Some smart ass says to a Muslim friend of mine, " we'll it's your religion, you need to sort it out"

1. Thanks for lumping 1 billion different people together based on 1 single thing we share

I overheard a schoolmate saying "I saw the bomber's Youtube page, it's full of Islam and terrorism and stuff!" Had to resist quite a few urges there.

del Potro/Nalbandian/Safin
Gulbis/Monfils/Dolgopolov/Tursunov/Giorgi
Davydenko/Janowicz/Verdasco/Lopez
Soderling/Cilic/Blake
vpmrosulate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:03 AM   #403
country flag ssin

ssin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post

However, were religion to disappear from the world, I hardly think that mankind would be different. There would still be scapegoating and false belief in spurious claims of fact and people who stir up the populace with pandering and lies. Some groups of people would still murder other groups of people.

Religion can be used for good and it can be used for evil. At least, have some respect for something that people hold dear to their hearts. It's possible to speak against aspects of religion without being hateful.
Great post.
ssin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #404
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As you can see from abraxas' post, he has deluded himself into a belief that if you call something right wing, then by definition it follows that it is also racist.
You know that's total bollocks. There are many right wing users on this board, you being a prominent one, and from the top of my head the only users I have called on their obvious racism are Har Tru and Tommy Vercetti.

Then again, I'm not the one who justifies the usage of racist slurs like "wetback" but I believe you do it more because you like to troll rather than because you hold a racist agenda. I hope I'm not wrong.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #405
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute

You are a massive hypocrite, abraxas.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote