2 explosions at Boston Marathon, UPDATE: at least 3 dead, 144 injured - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #196
country flag Moonball Pusher

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 explosions at Boston Marathon, UPDATE: at least 3 dead, 144 injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
from BBC:

What a bastard. On par with his offspring.
Agreed.
Moonball Pusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #197
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 explosions at Boston Marathon, UPDATE: at least 3 dead, 144 injured

Can we please show some respect and mourn for those 3 people who are dead and those who are injured and those who had to endure one of the most horrific thing that could happen possible? And quit the fact that which country gets more coverage. For gods sakes do you people ever take the time to NOT debate about which tragedy is the worst and who gets more coverage or who should cover alot of tradegties? All things that happened in this world is sickening and horrible. PLEASE just take this debate somewhere else. This is about Boston tragedy, not a debate!
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #198
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
No dear one, you didn't.

The poster I quoted was hoping that he would break into a home and a homeowner would "blow him away." The innocent person I was naming was the HOMEOWNER.

Maybe I should have been clearer. Or obviously, I should have been clearer.

Not sure how the word "wish" misled you.

Yes, I do feel for the perpetrators as well as the victims. It's a tragedy for everyone. Even worse for the perpetrators in some ways because they have engaged in wrong doing and murder. I feel very badly for someone who makes those horrible choices.
It is all about grammar. The original poster hoped, or wished, that the suspect broke into a house. So the hope or wish was primarily about about the suspect. The homeowner bit was a dependent clause.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #199
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
from BBC:

What a bastard. On par with his offspring.
A grieving, frightened father. Maybe he is a bastard. I can't say.

I know that an uncle of the dead man called him a loser.

Anyway, the 19 year old was way too young to have been a medical student.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #200
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naudio Spanlatine View Post
Can we please show some respect and mourn for those 3 people who are dead and those who are injured and those who had to endure one of the most horrific thing that could happen possible? And quit the fact that which country gets more coverage. For gods sakes do you people ever take the time to NOT debate about which tragedy is the worst and who gets more coverage or who should cover alot of tradegties? All things that happened in this world is sickening and horrible. PLEASE just take this debate somewhere else. This is about Boston tragedy, not a debate!
Some of us do not see anything dignified about bringing our mourning to an MTF ''DISCUSSION'' forum.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #201
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
It is all about grammar. The original poster hoped, or wished, that the suspect broke into a house. So the hope or wish was primarily about about the suspect. The homeowner bit was a dependent clause.

I saw him as wishing the homeowner would blow the suspect away thereby making the homeowner the actor.

I'd have to read the post again to determine whether the misunderstanding was about grammar or merely about perspective --

or heaven forbid -- leaping to conclusions.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #202
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

No leave it. I meant it is all about grammar to me personally.

The boys' uncle is on TV now and is not helping us to understand this whole thing. Something bad happened in that family.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #203
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
No leave it. I meant it is all about grammar to me personally.

The boys' uncle is on TV now and is not helping us to understand this whole thing. Something bad happened in that family.
I just heard him call the older brother a loser earlier. Does he have something new to say?

Sorry, I'm watching tennis.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #204
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

it surprises me how yanks react to bombs in particular vis-a-vis guns.

i mean, there are persons who kill 5+ persons somewhere in the USA pretty much on a monthly basis and everyone just accepts it as the work of lunatics. suddenly a home made bomb explodes and there are SWAT members all around while the media questions the president for not using the word "terrorism" in his initial speech about the subject.

Last edited by abraxas21 : 04-19-2013 at 03:51 PM.
abraxas21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #205

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post

i mean, there lunatics who snap and kill 5+ persons somewhere in the USA pretty much on a monthly basis and everyone just accepts it as the work of a madman. suddenly a home made bomb explodes and there are SWAT members all around while the media questions the president for not using the word "terrorism" in his initial speech about the subject.
What's your point?
Old 04-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #206
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post

i mean, there are persons who kill 5+ persons somewhere in the USA pretty much on a monthly basis and everyone just accepts it as the work of lunatics. suddenly a home made bomb explodes and there are SWAT members all around while the media questions the president for not using the word "terrorism" in his initial speech about the subject.
Yes, because all "yanks" react the same way.

Also, regardless of who has set the bomb, bombings generally are meant as terrorism -- whether it be the bombs planted at the Atlanta olympics, the Oklahoma City bomb, or this recent one in Boston.

Mass murders by gunfire are not normally meant as terrorism per se although certainly terrifying. From the Texas tower shooting to Newtown, in general, mass gunfire killings have been the result of one person who had some mental problems. I grant you that Columbine was a bit different. But, those kids seemed to have more of a personal ax to grind than a political or social agenda.

As for the SWAT teams -- They respond to mass murders as well as bombings. They respond to a lot of calls -- mostly hostage situations.

Also did you notice that the Sheriff for the county in West, Texas wearing a big old cowboy hat was named Reyes and that he was clearly of Mexican national origin? Mestizo.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #207
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbmike View Post
Prejudices? You Islam-murderer apologists disgust me.
But, it's also unfair to blame this on all people who are observant muslims. Clearly not every muslim advocates or even condones murder or terrorism of any sort.

So, it's better to confine remarks by saying that some Islamists support or advocate terrorism.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
But, it's also unfair to blame this on all people who are observant muslims. Clearly not every muslim advocates or even condones murder or terrorism of any sort.
I never said that though.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #209
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbmike View Post
I never said that though.
You say "Islamists" without qualification. Or at least that's what I read.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #210
country flag ssin

ssin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond repute

Being an Islamist doesn't equal being a Muslim, though. Islamism is under the category of ideology rather than religion.

Ideologies like nationalism and other "isms" etc are true poison, not religions per se, imo.
ssin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote