2 explosions at Boston Marathon, UPDATE: at least 3 dead, 144 injured - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #181
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 explosions at Boston Marathon, UPDATE: at least 3 dead, 144 injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I still don't get it.
I think religious faith serves as a catalyst for extremist behaviour, but I wouldn't refer to it as the underlying cause of it. Muslim faith in particular has catered to the most extreme groups and such groups have given to it a more extremist interpretation.

See Palestine for example. 80 years ago most of the population didn't follow Islam. Today 99% of the Palestinians in Gaza do, and most of them follow a severe version of it. The radicalization of their faith is correlated to the daily hardships they face.

Last edited by abraxas21 : 04-19-2013 at 02:51 PM.
abraxas21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #182
country flag Moonball Pusher

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 explosions at Boston Marathon, UPDATE: at least 3 dead, 144 injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
I didn't expect you would.
Young men from all nations of the Middle East come together to fight the West under the name of Allah to get them out of the holy land. How is that not religion-based?
Moonball Pusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #183
country flag AnnaK_4ever

AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Typical.

AnnaK_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #184

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbmike View Post
Young men from all nations of the Middle East come together to fight the West under the name of Allah to get them out of the holy land. How is that not religion-based?
I think I'll be waiting a long time for an answer to this
Old 04-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #185
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
see above. I edited that reply. There was no need for me to be rude...
Old 04-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #186
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

After so many pages, nobody mentioned the 26 years old MIT police officer killed by the bombing suspects.

RIP and condolence to his family.

Also, another transit police officer is in critical status.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #187
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Why would you wish any such thing on an innocent person? .
Innocent? Did I read that correctly?
Old 04-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #188

Quote:
see above. I edited that reply. There was no need for me to be rude...
Would you care to answer my question?

Old 04-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #189
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Why would you wish any such thing on an innocent person? There's no joy in killing anyone, and certainly no joy in being put in fear of your own life. This is just juvenile thinking.

I am so sorry for these young men and the senselessness with which they decided to ruin their own lives and the lives of others. It's just a senseless, fruitless, pointless thing.

I'm afraid they will both die and none of us will truly know their motivations.

Just really horrible that more people are dying.

And before anyone can mention it -- yes I did hear about the bombing in Iraq yesterday.
Quote:
If you quote the whole paragraph instead of the first sentence, you will know she's referring to the homeowner.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #190
country flag vucina
Banned!

vucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
how would I know? I know virtually nothing about these guys other than the fact that they're Chechens. Maybe they were lunatics, maybe they had a political agenda (as most terrorist attacks have) or maybe they just snapped.

On the other hand, it doesn't surprise me that people like you immediately start with the "OMG, They're radical Islamists, they did it because of ISLAM!!!111!!" talk. Goes to show the prejudices you hold
It's not prejudice if I'm familiar with it. Serbs know very well what Islam is.
vucina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #191
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Would you care to answer my question?

because it's not true. there are several Islamic nations with no significant precedent of terrorism.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #192
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
If you quote the whole paragraph instead of the first sentence, you will know she's referring to the homeowner.
I did and I am still not sure. The whole post seems to be concerned with being sorry for these nice young men.

Maybe I was thrown off by the use of that MTF taboo word "wishing"
Old 04-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #193

Quote:
because it's not true. there are several Islamic nations with no significant precedent of terrorism.
What's not true? That radical Muslims are fighting to remove Westerners from their holy land?
Old 04-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #194
country flag AnnaK_4ever

AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

from BBC:

Quote:
a man named Anzor, who said he was Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's father, told Russia's Interfax news agency his children were framed.

"The special services framed my children because they are believing Muslims," he was quoted as saying. "Why did they kill Tamerlan? They should have taken him alive. The younger one is now on the run; he was studying in his second year at a medical institute in the US. We were expecting him home in the holidays. Now I don't know what will happen."
What a bastard. On par with his offspring.
AnnaK_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #195
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No dear one, you didn't.

The poster I quoted was hoping that he would break into a home and a homeowner would "blow him away." The innocent person I was naming was the HOMEOWNER.

Maybe I should have been clearer. Or obviously, I should have been clearer.

Not sure how the word "wish" misled you.

Yes, I do feel for the perpetrators as well as the victims. It's a tragedy for everyone. Even worse for the perpetrators in some ways because they have engaged in wrong doing and murder. I feel very badly for someone who makes those horrible choices.

Last edited by star : 04-19-2013 at 03:28 PM.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote