2 explosions at Boston Marathon, UPDATE: at least 3 dead, 144 injured - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #151
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 explosions at Boston Marathon, UPDATE: at least 3 dead, 144 injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
Indeed. Poor, poor terrorists... They are always misunderstood. They are just victims of our cruel, cruel society consisting of those despicable individuals they kill.
Quote:
“At first the older one denied everything,” said a senior special forces officer last week. “Then we roughed her up and gave her electric shocks. She provided us with good information. Once we were done with her we shot her in the head.

“We disposed of her body in a field. We placed an artillery shell between her legs and one over her chest, added several 200-gram TNT blocks and blew her to smithereens. The trick is to make sure absolutely nothing is left. No body, no proof, no problem.” The technique was known as pulverisation.

The young recruits were taken away by another unit for further interrogation before they, too, were executed.

The account is one of a series given to The Sunday Times by two special forces officers who fought the militants in Chechnya over a period of 10 years. Their testimony, the first of its kind to a foreign journalist, provides startling insights into the operation of secret Russian death squads during one of the most brutal conflicts since the second world war.

The men, decorated veterans of more than 40 tours of duty in Chechnya, said not only suspected rebels but also people close to them were systematically tracked, abducted, tortured and killed. Intelligence was often extracted by breaking their limbs with a hammer, administering electric shocks and forcing men to perform sexual acts on each other. The bodies were either buried in unmarked pits or pulverised.
some pretty accounts of your country's army operations against the chechens.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #152
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 explosions at Boston Marathon, UPDATE: at least 3 dead, 144 injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbmike View Post
I hope the suspect tries to burst into a house and the homeowner blows him away
Why would you wish any such thing on an innocent person? There's no joy in killing anyone, and certainly no joy in being put in fear of your own life. This is just juvenile thinking.

I am so sorry for these young men and the senselessness with which they decided to ruin their own lives and the lives of others. It's just a senseless, fruitless, pointless thing.

I'm afraid they will both die and none of us will truly know their motivations.

Just really horrible that more people are dying.

And before anyone can mention it -- yes I did hear about the bombing in Iraq yesterday.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #153
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vucina View Post
You really troll with guts.
Why do you think they did it? Most likely as a protest against exploiting non-white children in Nike factories?
how would I know? I know virtually nothing about these guys other than the fact that they're Chechens. Maybe they were lunatics, maybe they had a political agenda (as most terrorist attacks have) or maybe they just snapped.

On the other hand, it doesn't surprise me that people like you immediately start with the "OMG, They're radical Islamists, they did it because of ISLAM!!!111!!" talk. Goes to show the prejudices you hold
Old 04-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #154
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Nice try defending radical Islam. Islam brainwashes young men to do atrocities like this.
No. It's not because of Islam that organizations like Al Qaeda exist, to name the most familiar one.

There are clear political reasons behind it. Westerners love to think that terorrism is due to religious reasons because that way they can conveniently ignore the political causes, which are mostly due to the western operations in the countries where terrorism comes from.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #155
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
how would you know that? did you have the chance to talk with the guys?

the western belief that terrorism is due to religion is of course bullshit the media likes to make people believe in order to downplay the political and social reasons that actually explain the terrorist behaviour
Look at the London subway bombers. Living in Britain their whole lives, fairly normal lives. One was a mentor for young people at a school, one was a fish and chips store worker. Normal citizens except for one thing. "I and thousands like me are forsaking everything for what we believe. Our drive and motivation doesn't come from tangible commodities that this world has to offer. Our religion is Islam, obedience to the one true God and following the footsteps of the final prophet messenger"

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #156
country flag Moonball Pusher

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No. It's not because of Islam that organizations like Al Qaeda exist, to name the most familiar one.

There are clear political reasons behind it. Westerners love to think that terorrism is due to religious reasons because that way they can conveniently ignore the political causes, which are mostly due to the western operations in the countries where terrorism comes from.
The US has military bases all OVER the world. Yet the terrorism comes from Islamic countries. There is ZERO excuse for MURDERING innocent civilians, even if you do it because "wah wah wah the US has military in Saudi Arabia and I'm doing it for political reasons even though I do it in the name of allah"
Moonball Pusher is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #157

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Why would you wish any such thing on an innocent person? There's no joy in killing anyone, and certainly no joy in being put in fear of your own life. This is just juvenile thinking.

I am so sorry for these young men and the senselessness with which they decided to ruin their own lives and the lives of others. It's just a senseless, fruitless, pointless thing.

I'm afraid they will both die and none of us will truly know their motivations.

Just really horrible that more people are dying.

And before anyone can mention it -- yes I did hear about the bombing in Iraq yesterday.
Well, better if the police get them, but if this guy is going into people's housing I hope they kill him because if they don't, he could kill them.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #158

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

While the political reasons are the reason mainly there has been thought for a long time similar to what al-qaeda teaches. Sayyid Qutb wrote way back that he believed there was justification in killing people who go against God. He gathered these beliefs not because of American intervention in the middle east at the time but because he did not like his stay in America. Didn't like the way people cared for their lawns so much, didn't like the way American women were so seductive, didn't like the way Americans cared about their cars, etc. His teachings are still widely popular.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #159

Quote:
how would I know? I know virtually nothing about these guys other than the fact that they're Chechens. Maybe they were lunatics, maybe they had a political agenda (as most terrorist attacks have) or maybe they just snapped.

On the other hand, it doesn't surprise me that people like you immediately start with the "OMG, They're radical Islamists, they did it because of ISLAM!!!111!!" talk. Goes to show the prejudices you hold
Prejudices? You Islam-murderer apologists disgust me.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #160

There were reports that Tsarnaev was cornered but no progress since then. The guy probably has lots of explosives.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #161
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

There are clear political reasons behind it.
What clear political reasons? Why do they shout "Praise Allah" instead of "Praise Marx" or whomever represents the clearly political agenda that have?
Old 04-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #162
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Too good

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9042228AArwXmN

https://twitter.com/MrPooni/status/3...274177/photo/1

https://twitter.com/MrPooni/status/3...055872/photo/1

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
What clear political reasons? Why do they shout "Praise Allah" instead of "Praise Marx" or whomever represents the clearly political agenda that have?
Seriously, just listen to the rhetoric from the terrorists themselves. Everything they say and do is directed towards their faith, and yet their faith isn't a part of it?
Old 04-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #164
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
The US has military bases all OVER the world. Yet the terrorism comes from Islamic countries. There is ZERO excuse for MURDERING innocent civilians, even if you do it because "wah wah wah the US has military in Saudi Arabia and I'm doing it for political reasons even though I do it in the name of allah"
i suggest you to read more about your country's operations in the middle east and then come back and tell me it has nothing to with the terrorism that exists in the region.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #165
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Oh nooooooo.