Nico Lapentti thread - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-15-2005, 05:16 PM   #166
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico Lapentti thread

Don't know. I'll take a look for you

Old 01-15-2005, 05:26 PM   #167
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, no Nico in the quali draw or I have to go to the eye doctor for glasses .
Old 08-03-2005, 05:09 PM   #168
country flag Jule81

Jule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond repute

hi,
i´m quite new to this message board and as i am a very big fan of nico, i´d love to get this thread a new start, so anyone´s interested in "talking" a bit?!

* SOARES * M. LOPEZ * VERDASCO * SIMON *
* ARMANDO * HARTFIELD * GAUDIO * ROBREDO *
Jule81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 04:26 AM   #169
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

I've just met Nico in Washington, DC and I have to say that he is one of the nicest people I've ever met! He just finished a long and tough practice session and he was still willing to stop and talk and take a picture with me. Really nice guy!

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 02:43 PM   #170
country flag Jule81

Jule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond repute

aw this sounds fantastic!!! i saw him in braunschweig and he was talking to fans and giving autographs all the time, so he really is unbelievably nice! unfortunately i wasn´t brave enought to go to him for a talk, esp. as i dind´t have an idea what to talk about, i´m just too shy ! was it the first time you met him by the way?

Old 08-06-2005, 06:32 PM   #171
country flag Kezzi

I also met him in Amersfoort after practice and I asked him a picture after his doubles match. He was really nice all the time, but I didn't talk to him, because I didn't know what to say. It was just so weird that the player I've always wanted to meet just stood before me after waiting on him for 4 years.

After the match there was also a really funny moment, a lot of girls wanted to take a pic with him and he saw that whole group when he walked away after my picture and he just looked at me with a face that said "Oh my god, do I have to walk past them? "
Old 08-06-2005, 07:14 PM   #172
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

I was also in Braunschweig at the challenger and had a really funny chat with him one day. Some weeks before that tournament I wanted to find an ecuadorian paper in the web to keep better "in touch" with him. So I typed in a Spanish-speaking search-engine "diarios ecuadorianos" ->ecuadorian daily paper. The search-engine gave me "diarios ecuaTorianos" (well, I typed the T now big to emphasis it). And after one practice I told him:
"Nico, I don't have a tennis-related, but a language-related question."
"Ok."
"The land is Ecuador with a D, but the adjective is ecuatoriano with a T. Where does the T come from?"
"Hmmmm. Good question.......
hmmmmm.......really good question......"
"I ask it, because I looked for an ecuadorian paper in the web."
"Hmmmm. Good question, cause it's really Ecuador with a D but ecuatoriano with a T........
really good question........I cannot answer."
"Don't mind about it, I will take it as it is."

Later I asked that question on another forum and learned that there is no rule about why the letter is changed.

Ok, it was not the first time I met Nico in flesh and I must admit, I really like him, even if he is not my #1 favorite player. But he is a good friend of my favourite. Vamos Nico in Montreal!!!

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 05:45 PM   #173
country flag Jule81

thanks for telling those nice stories, kezzi and jelena!

unfortunately nico just lost to kim in the quali´s second round
let´s hope he´ll do better the next weeks, esp. at the us open!

Old 08-08-2005, 11:26 AM   #174
country flag Bamby

Bamby has a reputation beyond reputeBamby has a reputation beyond reputeBamby has a reputation beyond reputeBamby has a reputation beyond reputeBamby has a reputation beyond reputeBamby has a reputation beyond reputeBamby has a reputation beyond reputeBamby has a reputation beyond reputeBamby has a reputation beyond reputeBamby has a reputation beyond reputeBamby has a reputation beyond repute

these stories are great guys
unfortunately I 've nevet met him...I don't know where can I see him playing

next stop is us open!!! come on Nico
Old 08-08-2005, 02:38 PM   #175
country flag Kezzi

Where do you live Bamby? Maybe there's a tournament/challenger there somewhere.
I began visiting tournaments in 2003, Rotterdam and 's Hertogenbosch in Holland. In 2004 I visited Rotterdam, 's Hertogenbosch and Hilversum and this year I visited Rotterdam, 's Hertogenbosch, Arag World Team Cup (Düsseldorf, Germany) Scheveningen and Amersfoort.
And I only saw Nico in Amersfoort, every tournament I hoped he would come, but he didn't. So when I found out about Amersfoort I had to spend the money I saved, because I heard Amersfoort wasn't a really great tournament, I didn't plan to go there .
Amersfoort was really far away from where I live, it was 2 and a half hours by train and bus. But all the tournaments in Holland are quite far away, but I don't mind travelling to see my favs .
Old 08-08-2005, 04:03 PM   #176
country flag Bamby

Bamby has a reputation beyond reputeBamby has a reputation beyond reputeBamby has a reputation beyond reputeBamby has a reputation beyond reputeBamby has a reputation beyond reputeBamby has a reputation beyond reputeBamby has a reputation beyond reputeBamby has a reputation beyond reputeBamby has a reputation beyond reputeBamby has a reputation beyond reputeBamby has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh...You have a lot of tournaments!!! I live in Hungary...unfortunately there aren't any here,maybe only 1-2 small challengers but i'm always going for the davis cup!
I would have to travel soooo long to get good matches
One of my friend's just told me that he was in London for 2months and they were in wimbledon
Old 08-08-2005, 05:41 PM   #177
country flag Kezzi

Cool, I really want to visit the grand slams someday .
I'm pretty lucky, because I live like 20 minutes away from Germany, so I can go to tournaments in Holland and the tournaments in Düsseldorf or in another city that's not too far away.
I hope you get to see Nico someday!
Old 08-08-2005, 05:58 PM   #178
country flag Bamby

He sad that thay had to stand in a line for 4hours to get a daily tickets
Now I'm thinking of traveling to Austria for the davis cup in September...
Old 08-08-2005, 06:01 PM   #179
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

I had a thought, that just occured: The Ecuadorians play their Davis Cup-playoff in Austria. Maybe that would be an opportunity...Although I had a look, and the venue will be quite near the slovenian border.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 06:48 PM   #180
country flag Kezzi

I really want to go to a DC weekend when Ecuador has to play, but when I do I'll make it a little holiday in Ecuador . I don't think they will play against Holland sometime soon, so I'd better start saving .