Anyone going? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-04-2005, 01:08 PM   #46
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ dropshot
Rats! I would have liked to add that to my collection. Did you enjoy the WTA event? I couldn't take both weeks off last year so I chose the tried and true men's event. I will feel incomplete this year missing it.
I'll be there all 9 days for the men's so I'll try to win one for you. I didn't go to the women's last year because it was the same week as the Olympics and Lindsay didn't commit to playing until like the Friday before when I had made up my mind that I wasn't going because the TV coverage from Athens was going to be better than a weak field of women playing about 5 miles away. Anyhow, it was my first live women's tennis and it was a lot more exciting than I thought it would be; most matches were close and hard-fought. But no Lindsay or Williams sisters or Belgians. It was not crowded at all, attendance was about 1/4 of what the men's usually is but then again none of the players were in the Top 10 this year. The only day I took off work was the Monday because the rest of the week play began at 3 pm so I left the office at 2:45 - I wouldn't mind the men's switching to a schedule like that because I didn't get nearly as sunburnt that week as I did last year at the Masters.
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Nadal Moyá Ferrer Verdasco Puerta Cañas Andreev Safin
Roddick Blake Salzenstein Delic DeHeart
Montcourt Gasquet Mathieu Serra Simon Santoro
LaTenista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2005, 03:34 PM   #47
country flag DJ dropshot

DJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond reputeDJ dropshot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenista
I'll be there all 9 days for the men's so I'll try to win one for you.
You're very kind but I have begged an old co-worker up there to snag one for me

I'll miss sitting at the top of the splinter bleachers on court 5 (is it?) to watch the practice courts when the doubles match de jour on court 5 gets boring.

Have a great time!
DJ dropshot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 03:37 PM   #48
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ dropshot
You're very kind but I have begged an old co-worker up there to snag one for me

I'll miss sitting at the top of the splinter bleachers on court 5 (is it?) to watch the practice courts when the doubles match de jour on court 5 gets boring.

Have a great time!
They have replaced the side bleachers (the ends are still the old wood) with brand new shiny metal ones for Courts 4 & 5. I figure once they replace the rest I am good to go petition for a roof over Center Court.

Yeah, I'll have a blast - I've been every year since 2002.
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Old 08-06-2005, 01:21 PM   #49
country flag ktwtennis

ktwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, here's a pic of my senior picture...I'll post more later perhaps...
Attached Images
File Type: bmp senior1.bmp (231.7 KB, 25 views)

Jesus answered and said to him[Nicodemus, a Pharisee],"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again[of the Spirit/above], he cannot see the kingdom of God."--John 3:3

TRANSLATION---Good works CANNOT save you from hell! Turn your live to Jesus. He wants to develop a relationship with you today!

I will worship Jesus forever!

Go Monica and Guga!!
ktwtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:19 PM   #50
country flag Whistleway

Whistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond repute

I am volunteering as a marshal. hope to have a blast as my first tourney.
Whistleway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 03:32 PM   #51
country flag LaTenista

Less than 48 hours out now - qualies start at 10 am on Saturday.

Last minute FYIs:

I hear this year all box and loge level ticket holders will have to get special wristbands for each session and if you don't have a wristband you won't be allowed in the box/loge areas on Center Court. My seat is in loge so I'll be able to comment more on this in a few days.

According to the radar station I was watching this morning, there is a chance of rain everyday starting now through at least Wednesday so don't say I didn't tell you to bring an umbrella and towel as well as wear old shoes!

Everyone's awfully quiet, I guess you don't want to meet up?

I'll be running around by myself all week and will be at most of the matches involving the Spaniards and South Americans cheering mostly in Spanish. I'd like to meet any of you that want meet me or possibly join me in supporting the Spanish speaking players. I also want to watch Monfils, Gasquet, Rochus, etc. All the guys who haven't been to Cincy before.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:51 PM   #52
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Last minute FYIs:

I hear this year all box and loge level ticket holders will have to get special wristbands for each session and if you don't have a wristband you won't be allowed in the box/loge areas on Center Court. My seat is in loge so I'll be able to comment more on this in a few days.

According to the radar station I was watching this morning, there is a chance of rain everyday starting now through at least Wednesday so don't say I didn't tell you to bring an umbrella and towel as well as wear old shoes!

I'll be running around by myself all week and will be at most of the matches involving the Spaniards and South Americans cheering mostly in Spanish. I'd like to meet any of you that want meet me or possibly join me in supporting the Spanish speaking players. I also want to watch Monfils, Gasquet, Rochus, etc. All the guys who haven't been to Cincy before.
That was me at Montreal, running around everywhere with my Spanish flag Have fun! I wish I was going, but alas work gets in the way.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:00 PM   #53
country flag Whistleway

Whistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond repute

hehe LaTenista, enjoy!! I am excited too.. I be there tommorow evening session.
Whistleway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:02 PM   #54
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Last minute FYIs:

Hey LaTenista - I'll be there and at all the spanish speaking players matches too! I'll be with one with the Spanish flag...lol! (Can't bring my Chilean flag because Nico signed it at last year's US Open so that is in a very safe place! lol! And haven't had a chance to buy another). And taking lots of pictures of my guys.

I especially like to go to practices too. Nice way to see the guys - especially at their first practices.

Also about the rain - I find that a rain poncho is easier than an umbrella - lighter to carry around and you can sit on the wet seats without getting all wet.

Too bad about the wristbands. I loved at the DC tournamnet that they let you sit anywhere - I sat in the first row for Nico's match. I hope he doesn't get put into the main stadium again. I will be so bummed if I go all the way to Cincy and can't see him up close and personal.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:13 PM   #55
country flag ktwtennis

ktwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Hope to see you guys there!

Jesus answered and said to him[Nicodemus, a Pharisee],"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again[of the Spirit/above], he cannot see the kingdom of God."--John 3:3

TRANSLATION---Good works CANNOT save you from hell! Turn your live to Jesus. He wants to develop a relationship with you today!

I will worship Jesus forever!

Go Monica and Guga!!
ktwtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 06:13 PM   #56
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Would one of you please stop by Gimelstob's qualie match and give him a cheer for me? Thanks! (just one cheer, five minutes...)

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 02:44 AM   #57
country flag LaTenista

This morning I decided to try to keep a detailed report/record of my experiences at the tourney. I'll work on writing about tonight in a few minutes - left my notes downstairs. Anyhow, the blog is viewable here or by clicking on the red encircled B to the left of any of my posts.