Anyone going? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-20-2005, 06:52 PM   #16
country flag jole

jole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic Goddess
I wish I had the option to drive, but since I live on the West coast, it would be a two day trip. Oh well.

There are very few hotels near the tennis center, and most of them are fairly expensive. The cheapest of them is usually the Kings Island Resort (http://www.kingsislandresort.com/), which has the advantage of a shuttle to and from the grounds and TWO pools. Otherwise, you'll have no choice but to drive.

There is another grouping of hotels about 10 minutes away (on 71), but they are even more expensive, since that's where the players stay.

We usually stay about 20 minutes away, to the South, but it's really not that bad, just a straight shot up the expressway. Our hotel is near lots of restaurants, and we spend about half as much.

Need any other tips?

Hey! Appreciate the information.

Well, the more I think about it I might just fly. Driving would be easily $50 in gas alone each way, stopping to eat, wear and tear on the car, crap like that. A plane flight will probably be around $300-$350, but worse shit has happened. This is probably going to be my only chance to go to a tournament this year (considering this is the week before school starts), so I might as well just fly and see a few rounds up there.

Regarding hotels, I guess a 20ish minute drive up to Mason wouldn't be too bad. I checked the places right by Mason and they seemed a bit high for what it's worth.
jole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2005, 07:03 PM   #17
country flag jole

jole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yea.

A question regarding tickets.

In all likelihood the only tickets I'll reserve are the day session tickets (the 11am ones). Only if there are matches I want to see will I bother to stick around for the night session (the 7:30pm ones). From what you know, if I don't have reserved tickets for the night session, and I decide on the spur of the moment I want to go at night, is it pretty easy to get tickets there at the box office? I mean, I can't imagine I won't be able to get a ticket for the night session there, but I always prefer going to tournaments with all my tickets beforehand.

Thanks so much!
Old 07-20-2005, 07:50 PM   #18
country flag Eclectic Goddess

Eclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbatyfan
Oh yea.

A question regarding tickets.

In all likelihood the only tickets I'll reserve are the day session tickets (the 11am ones). Only if there are matches I want to see will I bother to stick around for the night session (the 7:30pm ones). From what you know, if I don't have reserved tickets for the night session, and I decide on the spur of the moment I want to go at night, is it pretty easy to get tickets there at the box office? I mean, I can't imagine I won't be able to get a ticket for the night session there, but I always prefer going to tournaments with all my tickets beforehand.

Thanks so much!
I don't know how easy it is to buy tickets at the box office the day of, because I've always gotten my tickets in advance. However, the crowds never seem that big in the center court at night, so you shouldn't have any problems.

On the other hand, if you just want to stay and watch matches on the outside courts, you don't need a night session ticket. Just don't leave the grounds after the day session expires. For the first couple days, there will be matches pretty much straight through.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:17 PM   #19
country flag jole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic Goddess
I don't know how easy it is to buy tickets at the box office the day of, because I've always gotten my tickets in advance. However, the crowds never seem that big in the center court at night, so you shouldn't have any problems.

On the other hand, if you just want to stay and watch matches on the outside courts, you don't need a night session ticket. Just don't leave the grounds after the day session expires. For the first couple days, there will be matches pretty much straight through.
Yea, that sounds good. I mean I'm pretty sure I'll totally stick to the outer courts unless like, Dominik is playing in center court. Kinda like how he played Federer first round last year.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:41 PM   #20
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute

I live less than 5 miles from the tournament and this week I've been at the WTA Western & Southern Financial Group Women's Open. They are being extremely lax about tickets. So far I have not once had to show my ticket to enter Center Court, and I've sat in the boxes on Grandstand and Center - I don't have box seats - but the ushers are encouraging people to sit close if people aren't using their seats.

#1 tip: bring a water bottle and refill it at the various water fountains on site. $3 for a bottle of Aquafina is ridiculous!

#2 tip: bring a umbrella and a towel to dry your seat after the rain delay.

#3 tip: wear old shoes because the "parking" is really a field and after about the 5th rain delay turns into a scene straight out of Woodstock.

Didn't Atlanta used to have a tourney? What happened?

See you there I hope
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Nadal Moyá Ferrer Verdasco Puerta Cañas Andreev Safin
Roddick Blake Salzenstein Delic DeHeart
Montcourt Gasquet Mathieu Serra Simon Santoro
LaTenista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 04:42 PM   #21
country flag Eclectic Goddess

Eclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenista
I live less than 5 miles from the tournament and this week I've been at the WTA Western & Southern Financial Group Women's Open. They are being extremely lax about tickets. So far I have not once had to show my ticket to enter Center Court, and I've sat in the boxes on Grandstand and Center - I don't have box seats - but the ushers are encouraging people to sit close if people aren't using their seats.

#1 tip: bring a water bottle and refill it at the various water fountains on site. $3 for a bottle of Aquafina is ridiculous!

#3 tip: wear old shoes because the "parking" is really a field and after about the 5th rain delay turns into a scene straight out of Woodstock.

See you there I hope
All really great tips! We ALWAYS carry a little towel around, because even if it doesn't rain, you can still sit on it. (Because sometimes plunking your bare thighs down on a burning metal or ragged wooden bench is not so much fun.)

It's funny, some years the ushers seem really lax about people sitting where ever they want, and some years they'll chase you down and make sure that you're not sitting even one seat off from where you should be. We actually got to watch the Moya/Hewitt final from the front row a few years ago, and no one said two words to us.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:49 PM   #22
country flag jole

Quote:

See you there I hope
Thanks for the tips.

Yes, Atlanta had a nice little clay tournament through 2001. Sadly, there were sponsorship issues and we haven't gotten a new one yet. There was an attempt to get the tournament the week prior to the U.S. Open in Atlanta (old Hamlet Cup on Long Island), but New Haven got it. Overall it is very frustrating to not have a tournament considering Atlanta is one of the biggest tennis markets in the world, and has the most players of any city.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:52 PM   #23
country flag ktwtennis

ktwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I'll be going on Tuesday!! ANyone want to meet up?

Jesus answered and said to him[Nicodemus, a Pharisee],"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again[of the Spirit/above], he cannot see the kingdom of God."--John 3:3

TRANSLATION---Good works CANNOT save you from hell! Turn your live to Jesus. He wants to develop a relationship with you today!

I will worship Jesus forever!

Go Monica and Guga!!
ktwtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:29 AM   #24
country flag Regenbogen

Regenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond repute

i'm going....monday and tuesday
Old 07-27-2005, 02:44 AM   #25
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute

I've re-read this entire thread (not rhyming on purpose ) and it seems everyone will be there on the Tuesday. Do we all want to meet up at say 10:30 am at the site (play will start at 11 am that day)? At the entrance to the musuem, as it's right inside the main gate? Thoughts anyone?

As I'm superclose to the tourney, anyone who needs help and advice feel free to PM me.

BTW Those flying in, the Dayton airport is about the same distance away as the Cincinnati one (about an hour driving).
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Nadal Moyá Ferrer Verdasco Puerta Cañas Andreev Safin
Roddick Blake Salzenstein Delic DeHeart
Montcourt Gasquet Mathieu Serra Simon Santoro
LaTenista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:48 PM   #26
country flag ktwtennis

ktwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've re-read this entire thread (not rhyming on purpose ) and it seems everyone will be there on the Tuesday. Do we all want to meet up at say 10:30 am at the site (play will start at 11 am that day)? At the entrance to the musuem, as it's right inside the main gate? Thoughts anyone?

As I'm superclose to the tourney, anyone who needs help and advice feel free to PM me.

BTW Those flying in, the Dayton airport is about the same distance away as the Cincinnati one (about an hour driving).
Sounds like a good idea...I'm going w/my family, so I hope I can get away to meet ya all. btw, I'm eighteen and a male w/brown hair. Perhaps I'll post a pic later so you can recognize me! Could you guys do that also?

Jesus answered and said to him[Nicodemus, a Pharisee],"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again[of the Spirit/above], he cannot see the kingdom of God."--John 3:3

TRANSLATION---Good works CANNOT save you from hell! Turn your live to Jesus. He wants to develop a relationship with you today!

I will worship Jesus forever!

Go Monica and Guga!!
ktwtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 12:38 AM   #27
country flag jole

Hey again!

Ok like, the Dayton Airport advice was fabulous. It is going to cost me slightly over half what flying into Cincinatti would cost me. I can live with that.

Regarding lodging, I might be staying with some relatives, however I don't really know them as they are pretty distant. Also, I've yet to find out where exactly they live, other than it's "somewhat near Cincinatti, yet rural" so no clue exactly. Could be not too far from Mason or it could be really far out, but meh will play it by ear I guess.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:15 AM   #28
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Marriot Hotel in Mason county is where the players stay
Old 07-28-2005, 01:16 AM   #29
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

yeah..Cincinnati airport is not even in the same state as Cincy
Old 07-28-2005, 01:35 AM   #30
country flag jole

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDucky
Marriot Hotel in Mason county is where the players stay
Is currently sold out now!