Anyone going? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-18-2005, 12:43 AM   #1
country flag Juanquis.Angel

Juanquis.Angel has a reputation beyond reputeJuanquis.Angel has a reputation beyond reputeJuanquis.Angel has a reputation beyond reputeJuanquis.Angel has a reputation beyond reputeJuanquis.Angel has a reputation beyond reputeJuanquis.Angel has a reputation beyond reputeJuanquis.Angel has a reputation beyond reputeJuanquis.Angel has a reputation beyond reputeJuanquis.Angel has a reputation beyond reputeJuanquis.Angel has a reputation beyond reputeJuanquis.Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone going?

I usually go the first two days of the tourny, but I hope to stay the whole time this year.

Anyone else plan to be there?

Come on Safin! Blake! Ferrero! Nadal! Moya!

Seat #107 on the Federer Express!
Juanquis.Angel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2005, 03:30 AM   #2
country flag Nimomunz

Nimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond reputeNimomunz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone going?

Wicked cool even i'm planning to go but i really hope Marat, Andy Roger and all the good players are on game coz i'm thinking of buying a series ticket and i dont wanna pay for a final that is Mario Ancic vs. Max Mitnyi ....... no offense to either but i'm seriously into personality tennis. so i'm fingerscrossed for no injuries to all the good guys and of course a Federer vs Safin final........
That would be divine.
It'll take me 3hours to drive there coz i'm from glamorous Pennsylvania (hahaha) but i could make it an allround vacation and go to Montreal (ohlalala-coz i speak French) and have fun do i'm still undecided yet!! Convince me!!
Old 02-24-2005, 08:47 PM   #3
country flag Eclectic Goddess

Eclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going! I've go every year, even though I live all the way out on the West coast. I haven't been to many other tournaments, but I doubt that any of them get much better. I usually go for the whole thing, even the qualies, because that's the best time to catch the big players out on the practice courts.

As for high quality finals, Nimomunz, if you look at the past several years, you'll find that the big players tend to do very well there. Agassi (Yuck, he nearly ruined last year for me!), Roddick, Moya, Kuerten...not too shabby.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:07 AM   #4
country flag CassL

CassL has a reputation beyond reputeCassL has a reputation beyond reputeCassL has a reputation beyond reputeCassL has a reputation beyond reputeCassL has a reputation beyond reputeCassL has a reputation beyond reputeCassL has a reputation beyond reputeCassL has a reputation beyond reputeCassL has a reputation beyond reputeCassL has a reputation beyond reputeCassL has a reputation beyond repute

Being a relatively new tennis fan, this would be my first tournament IF I'm able to go. I live in the middle of Indiana and I would have went to Indy if Marat was coming! Duh! But since he's not, I guess I'll also have to drive 3 hours to Cincy just to see him. The problem now is finding someone to go with me. all my friends will be on vacation or is not interested enough to go with me. My mom would be too worried for me to go alone so the most likely scenario is me going with my dad.

Novak Djokovic

Also supporting:
Paul-Henri Mathieu Richard Gasquet Marat Safin
CassL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 07:03 AM   #5
country flag Smankyou

Smankyou has a reputation beyond reputeSmankyou has a reputation beyond reputeSmankyou has a reputation beyond reputeSmankyou has a reputation beyond reputeSmankyou has a reputation beyond reputeSmankyou has a reputation beyond reputeSmankyou has a reputation beyond reputeSmankyou has a reputation beyond reputeSmankyou has a reputation beyond reputeSmankyou has a reputation beyond reputeSmankyou has a reputation beyond repute

I might be in NC at the time... so I'm thinking about going.

So, how's the night life in Cincinnati?

Last edited by Smankyou : 03-08-2005 at 07:07 AM.
Smankyou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:18 AM   #6
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Im going...ill probly be there for the whole week...get there friday..then be there for 10 days...before i go back to college
Old 06-05-2005, 03:16 AM   #7
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

I may be going not sure but I heard that it was a very fan friendly tournie! Would go from Sat - Thurs! But can I deal with the heat and humidity?
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 05:11 AM   #8

Eclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60
I may be going not sure but I heard that it was a very fan friendly tournie! Would go from Sat - Thurs! But can I deal with the heat and humidity?
I was AMAZED at how hot it was the first year we went. I never thought of Cincinnati as being in the South, but after a few years in the Pacific Northwest, I've just gotten soft. A couple years ago, I actually got heat exhaustion while we were there and we missed half a day of tennis because I had to spend it in bed.

It is very fan friendly, though. The show courts are amazing (my favorite is Court Three), and the practice courts are easily accessible. That first weekend is the very best time to go if you want to get up close to the biggest players, too.

I'm getting so excited! Just a little over two months! We already have everything booked, and now we're just waiting for our tickets to arrive. That's always a big day for us. (That's the day I finally allow myself to get my suitcase out of the closet and start putting stuff in it.)
Old 06-05-2005, 08:13 PM   #9
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic Goddess
I was AMAZED at how hot it was the first year we went. I never thought of Cincinnati as being in the South, but after a few years in the Pacific Northwest, I've just gotten soft. A couple years ago, I actually got heat exhaustion while we were there and we missed half a day of tennis because I had to spend it in bed.

It is very fan friendly, though. The show courts are amazing (my favorite is Court Three), and the practice courts are easily accessible. That first weekend is the very best time to go if you want to get up close to the biggest players, too.

I'm getting so excited! Just a little over two months! We already have everything booked, and now we're just waiting for our tickets to arrive. That's always a big day for us. (That's the day I finally allow myself to get my suitcase out of the closet and start putting stuff in it.)
Thanks for responding. Sounds like I better make my decision soon about going or not. Easy for flights and I assume not so hard for the first weekend? And I noted some cheap hotels as well. Hope to see you there
Old 06-08-2005, 12:19 AM   #10
country flag AntonyDupuis2005

AntonyDupuis2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAntonyDupuis2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAntonyDupuis2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAntonyDupuis2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAntonyDupuis2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAntonyDupuis2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAntonyDupuis2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAntonyDupuis2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAntonyDupuis2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAntonyDupuis2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAntonyDupuis2005 has a reputation beyond repute

This tournament is really amazing. I went the last two years and loved it so much. I went Sat.-Tues so the Qualies and First Round. If you're into seeing top players up close and getting autographs this is the perfect tournament. there's even a scoreboard type thing telling you which court the players are practicing on. I go to this tournament all the way from Victoria, BC and it is well worth it.
AntonyDupuis2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 11:50 PM   #11
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute

I live in SW Ohio, a short drive from the tournament site.

I first went in 2002 (my first live professional tennis as well) and saw Pete Sampras win his last match there. Since then, I've had series tickets (all 9 days qualies through finals) each year and I take off work - it's my summer vacation even though I go home every night to sleep.

I'm from Cincinnati originally and the heat/humidity doesn't bother me much, but I grew up with it. You can pick up free hand-fans from Mercedes Benz on the way in and you can bring water bottles in from outside (there are lots of water fountains on site to refill often during the day). I find the sun much more dangerous as I burnt my ears (now I wear hats) and my arms (45 SPF sunblock works best for me) - there is very little shade on Center Court during the day and basically none on the other courts.

Nightlife: There are tons of restaurants and bars/pubs in Mason (city that the site is located in) as well as in Cincinnati (20-25 minute drive south of Mason) and Newport, Kentucky (across the Ohio River from downtown Cincy). There are a few clubs downtown and along the river, but it seems a bit far to go after spending all day in the sun watching tennis IMHO.

I'm extremely biased (being from the area) but TMS Cincinnati is fantastic! The site (Lindner Family Tennis Center) is nice and the only tourney with 3 permanent stadiums outside of the grand slams. I'm also biased too because except for July & August I play and practice there. It is relatively easy to see the players and get autographs - all 6 practice courts are accessible. Each year there are tons of great matches and epic finals (2003 was Roddick vs Fish, 2004 Agassi vs Hewitt). It's the only ATP level tournament I've been to but compared to the Challenger I went to in Lexington, Kentucky last summer it was so much more thrilling and there was a lot more going on there.

Hope at least some of this helps some of you

Isabel
LaTenista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 11:57 PM   #12
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Thank you so much Isabel! I think you have helped me make my decision! Hope to see you there. Sue
Old 07-11-2005, 09:42 PM   #13
country flag Whistleway

Whistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond repute

This will be my first tourney and i am volunteering for this one as a marshal. Anyone up here volunteering?
Whistleway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:32 PM   #14
country flag jole

jole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Atlanta, and I am seriously considering going. I would probably end up going Mon-Wed or so. It will be an 8 hour drive (ugh), but I really just don't feel like shelling out the cash for an airfare considering this is a bit last minute, and the prices are kinda uh, high!

I also have checked out hotels a little bit, and so far a ton of them seem to be like 20+ minutes from Mason. I am really hoping to just keep it simple and stay right near the tennis center, or at least right in Mason. Luckily I still have a few weeks to think things out.

Any tips appreciated!
jole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbatyfan
I live in Atlanta, and I am seriously considering going. I would probably end up going Mon-Wed or so. It will be an 8 hour drive (ugh), but I really just don't feel like shelling out the cash for an airfare considering this is a bit last minute, and the prices are kinda uh, high!

I also have checked out hotels a little bit, and so far a ton of them seem to be like 20+ minutes from Mason. I am really hoping to just keep it simple and stay right near the tennis center, or at least right in Mason. Luckily I still have a few weeks to think things out.

Any tips appreciated!
I wish I had the option to drive, but since I live on the West coast, it would be a two day trip. Oh well.

There are very few hotels near the tennis center, and most of them are fairly expensive. The cheapest of them is usually the Kings Island Resort (http://www.kingsislandresort.com/), which has the advantage of a shuttle to and from the grounds and TWO pools. Otherwise, you'll have no choice but to drive.

There is another grouping of hotels about 10 minutes away (on 71), but they are even more expensive, since that's where the players stay.

We usually stay about 20 minutes away, to the South, but it's really not that bad, just a straight shot up the expressway. Our hotel is near lots of restaurants, and we spend about half as much.

Need any other tips?