Week 18 : Ostrava (Winner : Jiri Vesely) - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #31
country flag JamieMU30

JamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Week 18 : Ostrava (Entry List)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforced Terror View Post
Rosol is playing here Is it his hometown?
No, not his hometown, but he usually plays these big clay court challengers in the Czech Republic...Wouldn't be surprised if he isn't on the entry list for Prostejov the second week of the French Open..

His ranking is too high now to be playing Challengers...Hopefully, he sticks to just the ATP events...He is signed up for both Aegon tournaments in preparation for Wimbledon
JamieMU30 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 11:06 PM   #32
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieMU30 View Post
No, not his hometown, but he usually plays these big clay court challengers in the Czech Republic...Wouldn't be surprised if he isn't on the entry list for Prostejov the second week of the French Open..

His ranking is too high now to be playing Challengers...Hopefully, he sticks to just the ATP events...He is signed up for both Aegon tournaments in preparation for Wimbledon
Prostejov would make sense, but him being here is rather ridiculous. Coming off a title he should have rested. There is something to be said for honoring your commitment though.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robredo|Smycze k|J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #33
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
today we're late with report due to bad wifi tuesday in ostrava report and pics
http://www.tennisalternative.com/ost...os-rn2264.html
Quote:
Andreas Haider-Maurer’s hobby is probably speculating with the practice courts because as soon as the schedule comes out, he grabs the practice courts schedule and spends half an hour analyzing it and booking the courts. The practice paid off as he took out Andrej Martin easily. Martin was the victim of his own unforced errors. During the match, Martin told his father to go away rather angrily. After the match he came to talk to him, telling him that he “really liked him as a father, but during the matches he couldn’t have him there”.
Andrej Martin

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers

Old 05-02-2013, 01:48 AM   #34
country flag JamieMU30

JamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo View Post
Prostejov would make sense, but him being here is rather ridiculous. Coming off a title he should have rested. There is something to be said for honoring your commitment though.
Well, he is not playing Madrid and didn't sign up for it. Basically, he is trying to fight for a seeding at Roland Garros. If he would not have won Bucharest, he wouldn't be in contention for a seeding right now, more than likely.

He still has a chance to grab one of the last seedings at the French Open if he wins Ostrava and wins two matches in Rome qualifying. Next week will do him well to have time off to rest. A lot is going to depend on if he qualifies for Rome and maybe wins a match in the main draw and how well or how poorly Klizan (who has 170 points to defend the next two weeks), Granollers (90 points to defend, but could win Tunisia Challenger this week), Melzer (45 points to defend) and Youzhny (45 or 90 points to defend) do in Madrid and Rome.

If I were him, I would probably have sucked it up too and played knowing I might get a seeding at the French Open. It is still a possibility, but he really needs to at least make the F here or win the whole thing to really be in contention, in my estimation. The last events that count are Rome and Madrid.

A day off will be good for him tomorrow and I hope he fights like hell to win this Challenger; knowing a seeding at RG is on the line and a week of rest in sight. Keep going, Lukas

And yes, hopefully he signs up for Prostejov the week of June 3rd because he won't be in the second week of the French Open, more than likely, and a seeding at Wimbledon will depend on him winning at least a round at the French Open and gaining some more points at Prostejov or Queen's Club (on grass) the week of June 10th. It would really suck to just miss out on a seeding at one or both of these Grand Slams

Last edited by JamieMU30 : 05-02-2013 at 01:50 AM.
JamieMU30 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #35
country flag Honzicekkk

Honzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond reputeHonzicekkk has a reputation beyond repute

Raining heavily in Ostrava. Today's schedule is very much in danger, I guess.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #36
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Ostrava report and pics from Wednesday
http://www.tennisalternative.com/ost...os-rn2266.html

www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #37
country flag Saviolero

Saviolero has a reputation beyond reputeSaviolero has a reputation beyond reputeSaviolero has a reputation beyond reputeSaviolero has a reputation beyond reputeSaviolero has a reputation beyond reputeSaviolero has a reputation beyond reputeSaviolero has a reputation beyond reputeSaviolero has a reputation beyond reputeSaviolero has a reputation beyond reputeSaviolero has a reputation beyond reputeSaviolero has a reputation beyond repute

Thursday results

Hajek 6-1 7-5 Setkic
Darcis 6-1 6-0 I.Minar
Haider Maurer 7-6 4-6 6-2 Gabashvili
Vesely 6-7 6-3 6-3 J.Pospisil

Doubles

Bednarek/Kowalcyzk 3-6 6-4 11-9 Puetz/Satshcko
Robert/Sitak 0-6 7-5 10-4 Bedene/Draganja
Darcis/Rochus 6-4 3-6 10-8 Mertl/Westerhof

VINCIGUERRA
Saviolero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #38
MONSOON season.

BYE Pospisil.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #39
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Another solid win for Jiri Vesely.
Smoke944 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #40
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

looks like there is a bit of water on the stream's camera, eh?
Old 05-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #41
country flag raskolnikow

raskolnikow has a reputation beyond reputeraskolnikow has a reputation beyond reputeraskolnikow has a reputation beyond reputeraskolnikow has a reputation beyond reputeraskolnikow has a reputation beyond reputeraskolnikow has a reputation beyond reputeraskolnikow has a reputation beyond reputeraskolnikow has a reputation beyond reputeraskolnikow has a reputation beyond reputeraskolnikow has a reputation beyond reputeraskolnikow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saviolero View Post
Darcis 6-1 6-0 I.Minar
In an astonishing 41 minutes...
Old 05-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #42
country flag SKozak

SKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond repute

QFs

(1)(WC)Lukas Rosol (CZE) d. Nikola Mektic (CRO) 6-1 6-0
(6)Steve Darcis (BEL) d. (4)Jan Hajek (CZE) 7-6(3) 6-2
(q)Miloslav Mecir (SVK) d. (7)Olivier Rochus (BEL) 6-2 4-6 7-5
Jiri Vesely (CZE) d. (5)Andreas Haider Maurer (AUT) 7-6(3) 2-6 6-3

SFs

(1)(WC)Lukas Rosol (CZE) vs (6)Steve Darcis (BEL)
(q)Miloslav Mecir (SVK) vs Jiri Vesely (CZE)
SKozak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #43
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Vesely another player with quick breakthrough from futures, after Busta

www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #44
country flag SKozak

SKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond reputeSKozak has a reputation beyond repute

DOUBLES QFs

(1)Tomasz Bednarek/Mateusz Kowalczyk (POL) d. Tim Puetz/Alexander Satschko (GER) 3-6 6-4 11-9
Stephane Robert/Artem Sitak (FRA/NZL) d. (3)Aljaz Bedene/Marin Draganja (SLO/CRO) 0-6 7-5 10-4
Steve Darcis/Olivier Rochus (BEL) d. Jan Mertl/Boy Westerhof (CZE/NED) 6-4 3-6 10-8
(WC)Adam Pavlasek/Jiri Vesely (CZE) d. (2)Jaroslav Pospisil/Igor Zelenay (CZE/SVK) 6-1 6-3

DOUBLES SFs

(1)Tomasz Bednarek/Mateusz Kowalczyk (POL) d. Stephane Robert/Artem Sitak (FRA/NZL) 6-1 6-3
Steve Darcis/Olivier Rochus (BEL) vs (WC)Adam Pavlasek/Jiri Vesely (CZE) postp.
SKozak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #45
country flag Smoke944

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
Vesely another player with quick breakthrough from futures, after Busta
To be fair Busta was already doing very well at challengers a couple of years ago before his injuries.