Leave my thread title alone - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Leave my thread title alone

Firstly, let me state I am in complete agreement with Lenders about the change in moderating that is needed on this site. Contrary to what you mods/admins seem to think, we are not the enemy. The point of moderation is to facilitate and ensure the site functions in a way that benefits the majority.

As it stands you have more freedom in North Korea than you do on this forum and it has to change. You are killing the atmosphere, driving posters away and generally annoying those who do stay. Maybe that's what you really want? I hope not.

I disagree entirely with Jelena when it comes to the issue of permanent bans. They should always exist as the ultimate deterrent to those who persistently misbehave and cause genuine trouble. You don't really need a debate on this.

The problem is that what is deemed "trouble" on this site is normally fairly minor at best. Calling someone a moron doesn't deserve an infraction, neither does the majority of the things I've been given infractions for. If I call someone a "fucking ****" fine, but calling someone an "idiot" or a "moron" is hardly deserving of an infraction. We are meant to be grown-ups here, if you cannot accept criticism or mild insults then get off the internet.

As for the rules themselves:

(2) Do not wish for tennis players, fellow posters or indeed anybody else to be injured or dead, even as a joke - it's not the kind of joke many people find funny, and is taken very seriously on this forum. - 30 DAY BAN

(18) Do not start threads or make posts or reps that make serious allegations about a player, another poster, or anyone else, that can not be substantiated with independent and cast-iron evidence. - 1 DAY BAN

Err, how does that work? If I got David Ferrer to look at this website and he saw someone say: "I hate Ferrer and hope he breaks his leg" and then he saw someone say: "David Ferrer is a doper and a match-fixer" which do you think would piss him off more?

I will try and get the user Abel to post in this thread and he would concur that a huge football forum in the UK nearly got shut down due to libel posted by forum users in the forum. If David Ferrer read the "doping thread" and saw some of the snide, childish and pathetic accusations that are made on a regular basis he could, should he wish, have this site taken down in minutes.

The 30 day ban for wishing injury on a player is the most illogical piece of moderating I have ever seen. It makes zero sense. I can call a fellow poster a "fucking wanker" and receive less of a ban yet which is really the more offensive? Clearly the latter.

I could go on and on but I can't be bothered. I find you guys too arrogant to waste any more time on you. You are determined to bring this site to its knees it would seem.

Best of luck, I hope you enjoy it.

Last edited by Wing Man Frank : 04-15-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
country flag erickmartins
Not exactly average.

erickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Probably a waste of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post

The problem is that what is deemed "trouble" on this site is normally fairly minor at best. Calling someone a moron doesn't deserve an infraction, neither does the majority of the things I've been given infractions for. If I call someone a "fucking ****" fine, but calling someone an "idiot" or a "moron" is hardly deserving of an infraction. We are meant to be grown-ups here, if you cannot accept criticism or mild insults then get off the internet.
The point you completely miss here is that people are offended by different things. Presuming everyone should feel about things the way you do is exactly what we, as moderators, should not do. The same way you feel people should just take what you throw at them as fair game, other people think the moderation is too lenient exactly about this kind of things. Even if most people have the same opinion as you, we still need to prevent the minority from being offended.

The point about doping/match fixing allegation is fair, so you see? Not a complete waste of time, neither for you nor for anyone else. Please go on and point other failures in the system according to your opinion, the only person being arrogant is you by saying you won't "waste any more time on us".

Titles: Astana 2 CH '11, Challenger Tour Finals '11, Kuala Lumpur '12 (w/Dudisela75), Bressuire Futures '13 (w/Marita)

Finals: Fürth CH '11, Orleans CH '11, Petange CH '12, TT Euro '12 (w/Vilnietč)

SF: Australian Open '12, Memphis '12
erickmartins is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Increasing the punishment for doping allegations

I think tards and haters are the problem in doping discussions. I think doping speculations aren't any different than any rule breaking speculations, still you must not use player names in doping speculations. Saying there couldn't be doping in tennis is pure BS. And I could say many players that seem more likely to be doping than others but I can't name them here. Some of them are my least favourites but I really like some of them. And talking with names wouldn't be a problem for me. But the problem here is haters and tards. Haters would spam with doping allegiations if naming your suspictions would be allowed. And tards couldn't stand speculation with names, even if that wouldn't even be real accusation but just speculation.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is online now View My Blog!  
Old 04-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Please change the thread title. At no point have I asked for an increase in the length of the ban, merely pointed how ridiculous the current system is.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #5
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

It's your thread, you can do it yourself - go on "Edit -> Go advanced" and then you can change the title.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #6
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
It's your thread, you can do it yourself - go on "Edit -> Go advanced" and then you can change the title.
Thanks, didn't realise you had to "Go Advanced" in order to edit it.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:09 AM   #7
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leave my thread title alone

Thank you for the suggestion.

We will begin to look at match fixing allegations and doping allegations more seriously.

They will be treated the following:

1st Red - Nothing
2nd Red - 5 Days

As well, when a username is changed to 'Fixeravic' it will now be a warning or infraction every time.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:13 AM   #8
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear god, this is the last thing we need. MORE punishment for doping allegations?
And besides, I know certain players dope. But I'm not allowed to even hint it?

When people discuss problems in sport is when they are fixed. Pretending everything is fine and trusting a governing body that has a history of covering up actual positive tests is the absolute worst thing we could do.

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem

Last edited by emotion : 04-23-2013 at 11:34 AM.
emotion is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #9
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djokovicgonzalez View Post
Oh dear god, this is the last thing we need. MORE punishment for doping allegations?

When people discuss problems in sport is when they are fixed. Pretending everything is fine and trusting a governing body that has a history of covering up actual positive tests is the absolute worst thing we could do.
Libel.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #10
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Thank you for the suggestion.

We will begin to look at match fixing allegations and doping allegations more seriously.

They will be treated the following:

1st Red - Nothing
2nd Red - 5 Days

As well, when a username is changed to 'Fixeravic' it will now be a warning or infraction every time.
I think when compared to the 30 days ban posters (which is far, far too much) get for wishing injury that posters are getting off very lightly. Still, something is better than nothing.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #11
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
I guess you mean 'a player's name' -- not a 'username'
So now we can't even make jokes? what about "cheatdal" then? Maybe the cheating refers to doping (rather than time violation/coaching/fake MTO)! What if I say I saw Ferrer take a sip of juice between sets? Maybe "juice" is code for something else! you're going to read users' minds now, too?
Silly nicknames are not 'allegations' -- they just reveal that poster's bias against the player. they say more about the person who posted it than the player they're talking about.
(btw, I don't tend to use those words so it doesn't matter to me just sayin'...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djokovicgonzalez View Post
crap like this is exactly why forums have these rules. You "know" but cannot/refuse to offer proof. If people just phrased their comments as "It's my opinion that player X is doping because he runs for hours and never looks tired." we wouldn't have these problems. Anyone who understands the English language correctly knows that the above sentence doesn't "allege" anything. Libel is not about what you think, it's about what you say and how you say it.