Maggie Thatcher died today - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #226
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maggie Thatcher died today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
First female PM, longest serving PM of the century, who led the country for over a decade at great personal risk to herself, and purely because of political differences you're going to snub her funeral.

Classy.
Lord Liverpool was the longest serving PM in the 19th century and the only thing he is famed for is the Peterloo Massacre and generally backwardness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #227
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
I find it quite offensive that the BBC are going to be broadcasting the funeral.
Don't watch. Or do you think the BBC should be reasonable enough to get your stamp of approval on every programme?

Seriously, I would love to know what goes on in the head of someone who writes a sentence like that.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:00 AM   #228
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

The people celebrating her death sicken me, along with the people who think she was evil. Bunch of filthy scum.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $33,359,256 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 481-151...
TITLES: 31 and counting...

Last edited by Sapeod : 04-13-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:29 AM   #229
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
I wonder why this footage was not shown on CNN?

Quote:
The New York Times reported Thursday that a group of five men had set up video cameras aimed at the Twin Towers prior to the attack on Tuesday, and were seen congratulating one another afterwards.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,34250,00.html

Quote:
Police received several calls from angry New Jersey residents claiming "middle-eastern" men with a white van were videotaping the disaster with shouts of joy and mockery.
http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/01/09/WTC.html

Quote:
The FBI seized and developed their photos, one of which shows Sivan Kurzberg flicking a cigarette lighter in front of the smouldering ruins in an apparently celebratory gesture.
http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHART..._israelis.html

From the FBI report on the arrests:

Quote:
[Page 3 reveals that the Israelis had taken 76 photographs; also confirmed on page 80.]
Quote:
According to [blank] one of the males appeared to be taking still photographs and video of the other males with the WTC in the background. All of the males appeared to be jovial in that they smiled, hugged one another, and gave "high fives." (See attached photos). As the vehicle later left that area, [blank] recorded the license plate as JRJ-13Y. Later that day when [blank] returned home, she provided the police with the information pertaining to the males.
Quote:
Film obtained from the 35mm camera of one of the detainees was later developed and processed by the Newark Division. The photos clearly corroborate [blank's] statements in that the Israelis are visibly happy on nearly all of the photgraphs [sic].
http://www.takeourworldback.com/danc...sfbireport.htm

Quote:
The police and FBI field agents became very suspicious when they found maps of the city with certain places highlighted, box cutters (the same items that the hijackers supposedly used), $4700 cash stuffed in a sock, and foreign passports. Police also told the Bergen Record that bomb sniffing dogs were brought to the van and that they reacted as if they had smelled explosives.
http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/01/12/WTC_Mysteries3.html

Quote:
The driver of the van, Sivan Kurzberg, told the officers, "We are Israeli. We are not your problem. Your problems are our problems. The Palestinians are the problem."
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=...1#.UWiwhUpy2co

FBI report:

Quote:
A search of the van and the vehicle's occupants was conducted at the time of the vehicle stop. The vehicle was also searched by a trained bomb-sniffing dog which yielded a positive result for the presence of explosive traces. Swabs of the vehicle's interior were taken, and those samples were sent to the FBI laboratory for further analysis. Final results are still pending.
Quote:
While being removed from the vehicle [blank=Sivan Kurzberg=14 characters] said, "We are Israeli, We are not your problem. Your problems are our problems, the Palestinians are the problem".

Quote:
An employee of Urban Moving Systems, who would not give his name, said the majority of his co-workers are Israelis and were joking on the day of the attacks.

'I was in tears,' the man said. 'These guys were joking and that bothered me. These guys were like, "Now America knows what we go through."
http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/sears.html

FBI report:

Quote:
The FBI presence at the Urban Moving Systems search site drew the attention of the local media and was later reported on both television and in the local press. A former Urban Moving Systems employee later contacted the Newark Division with information indicating that he had quit his employment with Urban Moving Systems due to high amount of anti-American sentiment present among Urban's employees. The former employee stated that an Israeli employee of Urban had even once remarked, "Give us twenty (20) years and we'll take over your media and destroy your country."
Quote:
[Blank=Marmari] stated "Israel now has hope that the world will now understand us. Americans are naive and America is easy to get inside. There are not a lot of checks in America. And now America will be tougher about who gets into their country."

Quote:
the FBI believed Urban Moving may have been providing cover for an Israeli intelligence operation.

After the five men were arrested, the FBI got a warrant and searched Urban Moving's Weehawken, N.J., offices.

The FBI searched Urban Moving's offices for several hours, removing boxes of documents and a dozen computer hard drives. The FBI also questioned Urban Moving's owner. His attorney insists that his client answered all of the FBI's questions. But when FBI agents tried to interview him again a few days later, he was gone.

Three months later 2020's cameras photographed the inside of Urban Moving, and it looked as if the business had been shut down in a big hurry. Cell phones were lying around; office phones were still connected; and the property of dozens of clients remained in the warehouse.

The Forward, a respected Jewish newspaper in New York, reported the FBI concluded that two of the men were Israeli intelligence operatives.

Vince Cannistraro, a former chief of operations for counterterrorism with the CIA who is now a consultant for ABCNEWS, said federal authorities' interest in the case was heightened when some of the men's names were found in a search of a national intelligence database.

For the FBI, deciphering the truth from the five Israelis proved to be difficult. One of them, Paul Kurzberg, refused to take a lie-detector test for 10 weeks — then failed it, according to his lawyer. Another of his lawyers told us Kurzberg had been reluctant to take the test because he had once worked for Israeli intelligence in another country.
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=...2#.UWiy8kpy2co

Quote:
Report: Netanyahu says 9/11 terror attacks good for Israel
According to Ma'ariv, Netanyahu said Israel is 'benefiting from attack' as it 'swung American public opinion.'

"We are benefiting from one thing, and that is the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq," Ma'ariv quoted the former prime minister as saying. He reportedly added that these events "swung American public opinion in our favor."
http://www.haaretz.com/news/report-n...srael-1.244044

Remember that the next time you feel like slandering palestinians for allegedly celebrating 9/11.
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:29 AM   #230
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Don't watch. Or do you think the BBC should be reasonable enough to get your stamp of approval on every programme?

Seriously, I would love to know what goes on in the head of someone who writes a sentence like that.
Are you aware that I am paying for this broadcast, or at least contributing towards it? Are you aware of how the BBC operates?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:01 AM   #231
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
There isn't a blinder men then the one who wish not to see.

Keep believe in it, the American public know the truth that's all that matters
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #232
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Fandango should reach number 1 in the charts not ding dong the witch is dead.
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #233
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Are you aware that I am paying for this broadcast, or at least contributing towards it? Are you aware of how the BBC operates?
Are you aware that you are not the only person who watches the BBC? Yes, I am fully aware of how the BBC operates. I grew up watching it, before it went trashy and into the gutter of popular appeal?
Have you thought about the millions of people who will watch the funeral, but will not watch programmes you like? Should they feel offended and whine that they contributed to something they don't have any interest in watching?
If they only broadcast what offends nobody, they would not broadcast anything.

Last edited by buddyholly : 04-13-2013 at 04:23 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #234
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
There isn't a blinder men then the one who wish not to see.

Keep believe in it, the American public know the truth that's all that matters
Conspiracy theorists will believe any nonsense if it fits what they would like to have happened.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #235
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
The people celebrating her death sicken me, along with the people who think she was evil. Bunch of filthy scum.
Whilst I wouldn't word it the way you have - celebrating the death of a democratically elected leader is pretty despicable.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #236
country flag Fed=ATPTourkilla

Fed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond reputeFed=ATPTourkilla has a reputation beyond repute

Ballsiest peacetime leader of the 20th century.
Fed=ATPTourkilla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #237
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Are you aware that you are not the only person who watches the BBC? Yes, I am fully aware of how the BBC operates. I grew up watching it, before it went trashy and into the gutter of popular appealZ.
Have you thought about the millions of people who will watch the funeral, but will not watch programmes you like? Should they feel offended and whine that they contributed to something they don't have any interest in watching?
If they only broadcast what offends nobody, they would not broadcast anything.
Are you aware that it's not just me who will not watch it out of disgust?

While I agree the BBC cannot please everyone, the fact that so many - that is people that fund the BBC - are against Thatcher as a person and her funeral as an event, should be taken into account when decisions to broadcast such events are made.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #238
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
Whilst I wouldn't word it the way you have - celebrating the death of a democratically elected leader is pretty despicable.
you do realise that hitler was democratically elected, right?
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #239
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
He introduced the minimum wage, unemployment was at its lowest in around 30 years, repealed Section 28 amongst other things. There will be some that say he was fortunate to enter power during an economic boom- one that Merseyside benefitted greatly from him. I never liked him personally but I won't slate his first few years in charge.
Okay for the minimum wage (automatically indexed?). I guess the 'some' are right though. The French say the same about Jospin at the same period.

Blair signed up the Amsterdam Treaty. He advocated for deregulation and electricity liberalization at the Barcelona Summit 2002. With regards to that he did nothing to repair the damage caused by Thatcher.

And don't forget his aggressive attitude towards Iraq started in 1998 (Desert Fox Operation). Next stop was Kosovo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseles1 View Post
Maastricht Treaty - Signed the treaty after opting out of the social chapter & EMU - what a partner we were/are! European interference in the workplace, the UK was going to stumble with this one, particularly a tory government. Eight years later the UK (labour) signed up to the social chapter if I remember correctly.
Lol and opting out EMU was a bad thing, you think? Come to the continent and see the damage done, dude ! It's the best thing John "Carlisle" Major did.

Social chapter? There's nothing social in the Maastricht Treaty. I'll just to remind you of art. 63 of the TFEU:
Code:
CHAPTER 4
CAPITAL AND PAYMENTS
Article 63
(ex Article 56 TEC)
1. Within the framework of the provisions set out in this Chapter, all restrictions on the
movement of capital between Member States and between Member States and third countries shall be
prohibited.
2. Within the framework of the provisions set out in this Chapter, all restrictions on payments
between Member States and between Member States and third countries shall be prohibited
There can be nothing social after this.
No social agreement without protectionism, a strong state and economic patriotism. A social state can only be national.

By the way, keeping budget sovereignty is one of the few points in Thatcher's favour (I want my money back !!), just like the Malvinas War (I've changed my mind about this) and keeping QE2 afloat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC
I don't believe in democracy².

And Gaddafi's death (I mean barbarious assassination) was celebrated worldwide, despite all the good thing that he's done ...
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #240
country flag Andreas
Новак Ђоковић

Andreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
you do realise that hitler was democratically elected, right?
Are you seriously comparing Thatcher to Hitler?

Margaret Thatcher was a great leader. She was not afraid to make some necessary changes. Celebrating the death of an old woman, especially one who did no evil, is pointless and just flat out stupid.

. . . . . . .
Andreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote