DC 2013, Group II Asia/Oceania (R2) : what happened between Pakistan and New-Zeland ? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #16
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DC 2013, Group II Asia/Oceania (R2) : what happened between Pakistan and New-Zela

would have loved to see those matches.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #17
country flag Nixer

Nixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DC 2013, Group II Asia/Oceania (R2) : what happened between Pakistan and New-Zela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martijn. View Post
Grass should suit the New Zealand team too

Khan gains advantage from the court because it turns the match into more of a lottery, as more points are decided at random. On a normal court the odds would be strongly in Sitak's favor. This is simple logic.

You are inferring that the Kiwis a) didn't complain prior to the match or at any point in the first match or earlier on in the second match, and b) that they even complained at all. Neither inference is warranted on the basis of the link I posted, but perhaps you have some evidence you want to share with us.
Well, they might have complained before, but it's not like the duration of complains finally persuaded officials - that doesn't happen. The serious complains could have started at that point - like refusing to play or something. The fact that it happened so late in the tie sounds fishy to me. Although it's certainly possible that the court just "broke apart" at that minute.
Nixer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #18
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixer View Post
Well, they might have complained before, but it's not like the duration of complains finally persuaded officials - that doesn't happen. The serious complains could have started at that point - like refusing to play or something. The fact that it happened so late in the tie sounds fishy to me. Although it's certainly possible that the court just "broke apart" at that minute.
Two new articles:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/tennis/...tie-in-Myanmar
http://tribune.com.pk/story/531569/r...cup-tie-to-nz/

Apparently the court didn't just 'break down', since the hole in question was there in the Khan-Sitak match.

But New Zealand didn't complain. Says the team's captain:

"We weren't the ones complaining. It was totally the referee's decision."

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #19
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

tbh the Pakis make a good point by asking why it was all cool for the first match and suddenly it's decided on the trailing team's advantage...

This was a won match for the Pakis as it looks to me.
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #20
country flag Mr.Michael

Mr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond repute

This sounds like a great grass court. Wimbledon should be played on something similar. The draw would have some nice upsets.
Mr.Michael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #21
country flag Adri89

Adri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond repute

Pakistan complains about his disqualification :

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...93508B20130406
Adri89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #22
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond repute

It's 2013, can we see the pics of the courts?
Boreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #23
country flag nolesfan2011

nolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond repute

And this kind of stuff is why Davis Cup is kind of a lulzfest at this point why even field a team if you can't pick a suitable venue?
Hewitt, Kyrgios,Kohlschreiber, Dolgopolov, Stakhovsky, Nieminen, Verdasco, Melzer brothers,Baghdatis,Pospisil,Dodig,Cilic,Taro Daniel, Nishioka, Ebden, McGee,Mathieu, Benji Becker, Berankis,Bemelmans,Russell, Muller, Lacko,Zverev,Stebe, Smyczek, Alex Kuznetsov,Baker,Isner,Kudla, Sandgren,Johnson,Sweeting,Williams, Krajicek,Harrison Brothers,Bryan Brothers, Flemchins
Former fan of Fernando Gonzalez, Niemeyer, Dent,Niland, Luczak,Malisse,Kunitsyn, and Schuettler http://tenniseastcoast.com tennisviewmag.com @nolesfan2011 on twitter
nolesfan2011 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:15 AM   #24
country flag Auscon

Auscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
It's 2013, can we see the pics of the courts?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/n...7#.UWDkTZOwB8E

& the rest of the Aussie armada

Rafael Nadal
Guillermo Coria

Taylor Dent

...better to reign in hell than serve in heaven...
Auscon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:27 AM   #25
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

Has something like this ever happened before?
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:53 AM   #26
country flag fedalrock

fedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Could they have picked a venue any where in the world?
Precisely what I want to know too. Why did they choose a court in a non-tennis playing country like Myanmar? There are plenty of grass courts around the world.

New Zealands complaints look suspicious though, since they had lost the first rubber and were gonna lose the second as well.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #27
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedalrock View Post
Precisely what I want to know too. Why did they choose a court in a non-tennis playing country like Myanmar? There are plenty of grass courts around the world.

New Zealands complaints look suspicious though, since they had lost the first rubber and were gonna lose the second as well.
I think only in Asia. There choices were India, Dubai, and Myanmar, don't know if it was theirs though.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #28
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond repute

That court looks far better than the sand pit called grass in Newport last year, or WTA Birmingham a few years ago...

Pakistan obviously robbed.
Boreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #29
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Who was the genius who decided to play in Myanmar?

Myanmar unilaterally scrapped tennis from Southeast Asian Games long ago when they are hosting this year's Games, for the very reason they don't have any tennis facility.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #30
country flag Brit Tennis Fan

Brit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedalrock View Post
Precisely what I want to know too. Why did they choose a court in a non-tennis playing country like Myanmar?
Myanmar is hosting the Asia/Oceania group 3 matches (29th April - 5th May) and group 4 matches (22nd April - 28th April) albeit not at this venue.
Brit Tennis Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote