DC 2013, Group II Asia/Oceania (R2) : what happened between Pakistan and New-Zeland ? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
country flag Adri89

Adri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default DC 2013, Group II Asia/Oceania (R2) : what happened between Pakistan and New-Zeland ?

Wtf happened here ??

http://www.daviscup.com/en/draws-res...ieId=100019523

Has someone some informations ?
Pakistan started well with the upset of Khan over Sitak, they had a good chance to win...
Adri89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
country flag Dangermouse

Dangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DC 2013, Group II Asia/Oceania (R2) : what happened between Pakistan and New-Zela

Unplayable court in Myanmar.

(Why were they playing in Myanmar?)
Challenger Race 2014(s): 39

Doubles RU w/Capriati Rules @ 2013 Winnetka CH(Fuck you Bogomolov)
Dangermouse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
country flag Nixer

Nixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DC 2013, Group II Asia/Oceania (R2) : what happened between Pakistan and New-Zela

Lol, so why did Pakistan get defaulted? They were already playing on a neutral venue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
Unplayable court in Myanmar.

(Why were they playing in Myanmar?)
I think ITF has some security concerns with Pakistan.
Nadal Verdasco Bolelli Lopez Almagro Fognini Dimitrov Mahut Phau Lacko Volandri Guccione Bozoljac Davydenko Darcis Haas Becker Dancevic Monfils Mathieu Ginepri Karlovic Montanes Kudla Cuevas Tipsarevic Kohlschreiber Seppi Monaco Andreev L.Mayer Tursunov Gil Ilhan Udomchoke Copil Ram Janowicz Llodra Rochus Brown
Nixer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixer View Post
Lol, so why did Pakistan get defaulted? They were already playing on a neutral venue.

I think ITF has some security concerns with Pakistan.
Pakistan bears responsibility for selecting the neutral venue and therefore is culpable.

http://www.thenewstribe.com/2013/04/...o-new-zealand/

Also an article on the quality of the courts prior to the matches: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/tennis/...-Davis-Cup-tie

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #5
country flag Adri89

Adri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok thanks, I forgot that this match wasn't scheduled in Pakistan.
It's strange they get defaulted because the courts are unplayable if they had not the choice of where the match would be played...
Adri89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #6
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adri89 View Post
Ok thanks, I forgot that this match wasn't scheduled in Pakistan.
It's strange they get defaulted because the courts are unplayable if they had not the choice of where the match would be played...
They did have a choice though. For security reasons they had to move it outside of Pakistan, but they were free to choose both the venue and the surface. They wanted to play on grass and clearly chose a subpar venue, so the blame lies with them.

It's unfortunate as they seemed to be heading towards the upset.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers

Old 04-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
country flag Nixer

Nixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martijn. View Post
Pakistan bears responsibility for selecting the neutral venue and therefore is culpable.

http://www.thenewstribe.com/2013/04/...o-new-zealand/

Also an article on the quality of the courts prior to the matches: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/tennis/...-Davis-Cup-tie
Yeah, I wouldn't really trust an article that says "it will make it tougher to win a tie that the Kiwis should take comfortably".
Nadal Verdasco Bolelli Lopez Almagro Fognini Dimitrov Mahut Phau Lacko Volandri Guccione Bozoljac Davydenko Darcis Haas Becker Dancevic Monfils Mathieu Ginepri Karlovic Montanes Kudla Cuevas Tipsarevic Kohlschreiber Seppi Monaco Andreev L.Mayer Tursunov Gil Ilhan Udomchoke Copil Ram Janowicz Llodra Rochus Brown
Old 04-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #8
MONSOON season.

Quote:
Yeah, I wouldn't really trust an article that says "it will make it tougher to win a tie that the Kiwis should take comfortably".
I think the problem here is with your reading comprehension rather than with the article (or the reasoning of the Kiwi captain). The point is that the quality of the court - with odd bounces etc. - is such that it masks the difference in quality of the players; the court serves as a leveler, whereas on any normal court New Zealand should sail smoothly past the Pakistani team. Whether this last point is true or not - I think it is rather exaggerated - it is true that poor grass courts make for a more level playing field. (No pun intended)

Old 04-05-2013, 05:29 PM   #9
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

They were going to lose it on a proper court, so I don't blame them for trying to stage the tie on a mud bath, if it increased their chances of winning.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #10
country flag Nixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martijn. View Post
I think the problem here is with your reading comprehension rather than with the article (or the reasoning of the Kiwi captain). The point is that the quality of the court - with odd bounces etc. - is such that it masks the difference in quality of the players; the court serves as a leveler, whereas on any normal court New Zealand should sail smoothly past the Pakistani team. Whether this last point is true or not - I think it is rather exaggerated - it is true that poor grass courts make for a more level playing field. (No pun intended)
I think your brain might be a problem here. Sitak shouldn't be a favourite against either Qureshi or Khan, 50-50 at max. Kiwis are clear underdogs in doubles, and King-Turner was not 100% to win both singles. And that's on a normal grass court, noone was getting advantage from these crappy courts.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #11
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

What? Khan was a clear underdog in both singles matches. Qureshi used to be a good singles player, but he's an unknown quantity in that form these days. Only rubber I saw the Pakistanis winning was the doubles.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #12
country flag Nixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
What? Khan was a clear underdog in both singles matches. Qureshi used to be a good singles player, but he's an unknown quantity in that form these days. Only rubber I saw the Pakistanis winning was the doubles.
That's not considering the grass surface, Pakis can play on much higher level on grass. And how can they get an advantage from these courts if they didn't practise on it more than Kiwis and Qureshi just came from Miami?

It looks very fishy that Kiwis started complaining about the courts only 1 rubber down and half-way losing the second.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #13
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Could they have picked a venue any where in the world?

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #14
MONSOON season.

Quote:
I think your brain might be a problem here. Sitak shouldn't be a favourite against either Qureshi or Khan, 50-50 at max. Kiwis are clear underdogs in doubles, and King-Turner was not 100% to win both singles. And that's on a normal grass court, noone was getting advantage from these crappy courts.
Aqeel Khan a favorite against anyone Nice try.

http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...yerID=10022326

Also, Marcus Daniell is a good doubles player. Qureshi alone does not make New Zealand "clear underdogs in doubles".

Old 04-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #15
MONSOON season.

Quote:
That's not considering the grass surface, Pakis can play on much higher level on grass. And how can they get an advantage from these courts if they didn't practise on it more than Kiwis and Qureshi just came from Miami?

It looks very fishy that Kiwis started complaining about the courts only 1 rubber down and half-way losing the second.
Grass should suit the New Zealand team too

Khan gains advantage from the court because it turns the match into more of a lottery, as more points are decided at random. On a normal court the odds would be strongly in Sitak's favor. This is simple logic.

You are inferring that the Kiwis a) didn't complain prior to the match or at any point in the first match or earlier on in the second match, and b) that they even complained at all. Neither inference is warranted on the basis of the link I posted, but perhaps you have some evidence you want to share with us.