Peak Murray - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-04-2013, 12:50 AM   #16
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Peak Murray

I'd say at the Olympics last year, from what I saw of it. He seemed to be high on adrenaline, endorphins and the general "being Britishness" that was pervading the whole event - well, from our point of view - by then. Not only did he dismantle Federer while barely breaking a sweat, but then he went on to play the mixed doubles final as well and still looked pretty fresh.
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2013, 12:53 AM   #17
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatRacket View Post
I know this is very specific, but the last two sets of the 2011 Tokyo final were outrageous.

this match came to mind too when I read the thread, despite not being in straights. the third set especially Murray was sublime and whats futhermore impressive is that Nadal was not playing badly in this match

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:53 AM   #18
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
I've honestly never seen a match where Murray was playing peak like tennis. At least I hope that wasn't his peak level.
This. But I would say against Nadal in USO 2008 was a great performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post

Having seen 95% of his matches since his debut v Hernych in Barcelona 05 I feel qualified enough to judge.
Yet you miss his matches to watch France-Spain
Old 04-04-2013, 12:54 AM   #19
country flag MTwEeZi

MTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond repute

2012 Olympics. Hadn't seen a BO5 final beatdown like that since warm regards.
MTwEeZi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:54 AM   #20
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Yet you miss his matches to watch France-Spain
I was watching two footy games at once then.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:55 AM   #21
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Nadal at USO 08 and Tokyo 11. First two sets of AO 2010 also.
Raonic at USO 12.
The whole Olympic run
Tsonga at Wimby 12
Toronto 2010, against Nalbandian, Nadal and Federer he played superbly in all of them.

An honourable mention to AO 07 4th round against Nadal, that was the first time I honestly thought- going to the very top. Also Djokovic at the AO 2012 semis despite losing he was outstanding for long periods and was highly unfortunate not to win it, was a point from serving for it.

Having seen 95% of his matches since his debut v Hernych in Barcelona 05 I feel qualified enough to judge.
if you've truly watched his hundreds of matches since then I applaud you for being able to sit through a lot of shit fests and the occasionally gem.
also you must have a massive amount of free time, even I with a relatively free schedule can't manage to watch all of my favorites play live year long, do you record a lot of them?

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #22
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
if you've truly watched his hundreds of matches since then I applaud you for being able to sit through a lot of shit fests and the occasionally gem.
also you must have a massive amount of free time, even I with a relatively free schedule can't manage to watch all of my favorites play live year long, do you record a lot of them?
I was a student for a lot of that time- only in the last two years or so have I become a fully fledged working man with less time on my hands
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:59 AM   #23
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Murray's best is yet to come.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:59 AM   #24
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko05 View Post
Roddick's net comedy hour. Muzz was shooting fish in a barrel

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:18 AM   #25
country flag Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond repute

Tokyo 2011, the semi and the final. He wasn't serving well in the match against Ferrer, but off the ground he was sublime in both. It's actually not close, the last two sets in that final were the best he has ever played, at least against a top player.

Queen's 2011 semi against Roddick was also great.

The Olympics was a great run as a whole, but he didn't play his best in any of those matches. He simply wasn't serving well enough for that.
Cereal Killer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:18 AM   #26
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

We're yet to see his best peak level.
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:04 AM   #27
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Murray peaking usually means he's played impeccable defence backed by a solid serving game. More, say, I will not. Love it or leave it hatah.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #28
country flag fedalrock

fedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond reputefedalrock has a reputation beyond repute

Easily Olympics Final. Absolutely THRASHED Federer on Grass, he was terrifying that day.
6-1 6-4 6-2
Federer taking 7 games on grass
Old 04-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #29
country flag Ziggy B

Ziggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond repute

Think he may have a short peak still to come, but some good shouts in this thread already.

Tokyo last 2 sets- First time I'd personally witnessed him live up to the HYPE, though he'd already superceded Henman by miles at this point tbh.

Olympics 2012- Good run to the final beating Djoko (even though it's on grass) before DISMANTLING Fed. Was ridiculous to watch the all time best on Grass succumb to a beatdown. Although to be fair he was probaly shattered from the Delpo match. One of the few times I've not supported Roger either because of the immense patriotism in the country at the time, crazy times

FEDERER - MURRAY - DEL POTRO - DIMITROV - GASQUET - WAWRINKA - TSONGA - HEWITT - FOGNINI - HAAS - KOHLSCHREIBER - NALBANDIAN
Ziggy B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #30
Deejay

Deejay has a reputation beyond reputeDeejay has a reputation beyond reputeDeejay has a reputation beyond reputeDeejay has a reputation beyond reputeDeejay has a reputation beyond reputeDeejay has a reputation beyond reputeDeejay has a reputation beyond reputeDeejay has a reputation beyond reputeDeejay has a reputation beyond reputeDeejay has a reputation beyond reputeDeejay has a reputation beyond repute

One that has always stuck in my mind was his match vs Jose Acasuso at the 2008 French Open. It was played on one of the back courts but I think it was Eurosport that covered it - an absolute magical performance.