Gonzo Articles and News - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-19-2005, 02:07 PM   #61
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gonzo Articles and News

Thanks a lot for the translation

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2005, 11:55 PM   #62
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

Wow i didn't know about he's trip to New Haven .... anyways.. R you sure he's going to New haven?
Old 08-20-2005, 02:12 AM   #63
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Lt*Alonso*Cl>
Wow i didn't know about he's trip to New Haven .... anyways.. R you sure he's going to New haven?
yeah ... Feña said he was going to play in New Haven next week

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 08:09 AM   #64
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

In "Las Ultimas Noticias" there is an awesome interview/article about Feña in Miami
I'll scan the pages later when I buy the newspaper and translate it
Here in Chile is 4:07 am ... so I'll go to sleep and then around 12 pm I'll go to the store and buy it

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt
Old 08-20-2005, 11:16 AM   #65
country flag olimpo

olimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoFan
In "Las Ultimas Noticias" there is an awesome interview/article about Feña in Miami
I'll scan the pages later when I buy the newspaper and translate it
Here in Chile is 4:07 am ... so I'll go to sleep and then around 12 pm I'll go to the store and buy it
Thanks a lot GonzoFan I saw the article and read it briefly and it's really good and shows once again Fernando's great sense of humor. I had it translated through the internet to post here but unfortunately most of the article/interview does not translate well through the programme.

So I'm looking forward to your translation. I'll attach the article here as PDF file and so you don't need to scan it. There are 2 more pages as PDF files which I also tried to attach but unfortunatley they are too large and have no idea how to reduce the size of a PDF file as I only have the Acrobat Reader.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf LUN200805.pdf (320.1 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by olimpo : 08-20-2005 at 11:58 AM.
olimpo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 11:24 AM   #66
country flag olimpo

olimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond repute

I tried to open the file to see if it works, but it does not for me Hope it's only for me and you can open it.
olimpo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 11:48 AM   #67
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by olimpo
I tried to open the file to see if it works, but it does not for me Hope it's only for me and you can open it.
Thank you for the file. I opened it. Just go to this file, save the target as, and then, when it's downloaded, just open it and it works.

Now, I'm going to read it, it seems to be interesting and the pics are great

Para siempre Gonzo

Old 08-20-2005, 11:50 PM   #68
country flag GonzoFan

Thanks a lot Olimpo

down is the other part of the page Olimpo attached

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is the translation :

Fernando Gonzalez: "The best thing of everything is that we made happy a lot of people in Chile"

The tennis player of La Reina says that "there is no time to celebrate", from a year of the Olympic medals in Athens, but he is touched with the most important memories of his career.

"Welcome to the castle of Conde Drácula, where the light is not known", Carlos Burgos says when the enter to the room. The disorder is absolute. Right in front of the window in the hotel Marriot in Mason, Cincinnaty, there is a wall. To Fernando González it doesn't matter. He even prefers it, because that way he does not have reflection in the screen of his computer. He doesn't listen Carlos Burgos's comments. He only wants to connect the notebook. His face changes when he sees that there is wireless and that immediately he will be able to chat. Can stay all day there, happy, in contact with his friends.

All the clothes are in the floor. Two purses with wheels and one enormous suitcase complete the surroundings. "I always travel with a lot of stuff. I have the Golden Card in the airline and they do not charge me overweight. But in every trip I lose half of all my clothes.

He laugh at the messages from his friends. Some audio messages arrive and the starts to forward them . When we ask him about what he would have done playing tennis at another time, he supposes: "I would have died, but I believe that before all were more friends, they hang out together play the guitar together. Now each one live their world ".

It has been a year since Athens. He closes the screen and it remains thinking. "Puta, the time has passed quickly", reflects.

Immediately, he begins to rewind the facts. Rather, the emotions: "the medals are there, but the best thing of everything is to knoe that we made happy a lot of people in Chile.

The role of fool

In Cincinnati Feña is with Rodrigo Briceño, that plays tennis and studies in a college of Los Angeles. González, a guy of affection, always invites his friends to the tournaments. Many of them dreamed about being tennis players and Gonzalez shows them the world that they always wished to live. All of them celebrated the triumph in Athens, because they are unconditional. They help his to prepare, they are concentrated with him and they even are with him in his free time. When there is time, he likes to share in the roasts, where he plays the role of farcical. He bothers to the person that cook the meat and to the ones that eat it. He himself eats everything he can, but later says that it was bad and things like that .

When leaving the after a match, after beating Nalbandian, a gentleman says to him: "González, strong forehand eh". The Bomber responds to him with a smile and comments: "These gringos become crazy with the forechand. They celebrate when I hit it". Also it is the weakness of the ladies, who see in him an ideal son-in-law, Latin lover. "In serious the old ladies shout things to me? I didn't notice that"

Forever

In third round he loses with the Russian Nikolay Davydenko, fifth seed. Through his mind it only passes the idea to take the first airplane to Miami, to see his sister and to rest. "Saturday I want to go to play golf, but it is to warm in Miami. In fact, most probable I think I will watch the chilean channels and stay there".

On sunday is the "anniversary" of the medals. Are you going to do something special?

- No, I will be in Miami and I will return to New Haven on Monday to continue playing. There is no time to celebrate.

You know clearly that no longer they are going to erase you from the history of Chile.

- people always mark a tennis player with a achievement. To me they locate me by the powerful forechand and because I won the Gold Medal in doubles in Athens. And that is going to be for always.

Do you think that you managed to transcend in life?

- the truth is that I would like that they remembered me only like what I am: a tennis player. But, perhaps like tennis player, the grandmas would not know who I am. They know me because of the Olympic medals.

What has been the most complicated thing?

I must recognize that I felt fear in Santiago in the return. There was a press conference in the Sport City of Iván Zamorano in which people almost overflow themselves. All they were too much excited. They had to remove us with the police men. In Concepcion there were two to three thousand people under the hotel every day. That had never occurred in tennis. It was pretty, but complicated.

Why?

Because I wanted to go out with my friends and I couldn't. I couldn't go anywhere.

It was hard to be in Chile

- In those days yes, but I don't change that for anything. It was awesome to won the medals for Chile. In the United States they have twenty tournaments, the NBA, football American, the baseball. In Chile we have few things and is necessary to enjoy them to the maximum.

How do you see yourself ten years after Athens?

I would like to be in tennis, related to it . I do not know if still playing. It is long time, but I would like to be able to be more in Chile. It would lovw to help the boys, but hopefully without having to travel.

Would you like to teach?

I have never done it. I do not have patience to read a catalogue, nor to arm something by pieces, but I do have patience to work with De La Peña, ja, ja, ja, ja. Actually I never get angry ... It's hard to see me angry.

Gonzo, as they call him in the United States, arrives at the room of the hotel. Strip everything within the purses. he doesn't a t-shirt and he put on another one. He buys a passage for Friday, early in the morning. In the lobby awaits for him, Nicolas Massú, who on the following day travels to New York. ("Me cago de la risa con el Nico") I laugh all the time with Nico. It was pretty to won the medal of double and to win it with him, with whom I have shared... Puta! I have shared more than half of my life with him".

For a long time they have not been meeting. It is the last night in Cincinnati and return to be together. Athens is the prettier memory that they have, but the life continues in tennis. The viñamarino wants to retake the level and the Bomber of the Queen, to arrive at the Masters. González synthesizes it: " The only thing that could be the same as Athens it would be to win a Grand Slam or Davis Cup. And now we go for that".

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tarjeta0034.jpg (96.3 KB, 19 views)

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt

Last edited by GonzoFan : 08-21-2005 at 06:29 AM.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:59 AM   #69
country flag GonzoFan

The new toy of Fernando

Fernando González is always thinking about returning to Chile. Communicates daily by telephone or chat with his friends. Every day it reviews the news of the country by Internet, although he recognizes that it is let guide by the photos and the holders. Whatsoever that, the supply of the global connectivity gave a new tool to him to be still more fitted with Chile. It does not replace the plates that his mother prepares, but it approaches a little more.

The Olympic medallista bought a television by Internet, that is flat, of fifteen inches and that he takes with him to everywhere with his personal computer. The same Fernando explains the operation of the novel apparatus: "a device in the office of my dad is installed who sends the signal. I pledge the television set in any place in the world, I connect myself to Internet and I can see all the channels of Chile. It helps me to spend the free hours. The other day I saw when I was in Cincinnati "El Dia Menos Pensando". (a chilean tv show)

The television set already has generated anecdotes: "The "huaso" Massú didn't believe me when I told him. He thought that I was joking. He said to me that those things didn't exist ", explains the Bomber of the Queen, who adds that "it means to me to travel with one more suitcase, but is worth the trouble. I feel a little more near my home".

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt

Last edited by GonzoFan : 08-22-2005 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:13 AM   #70
country flag enqvistfan

Thanks a lot for the translations. The things said are true, especially when he invites friends on the tour. In Kitz, he invited two friends. He's a very interesting person and it's good for tennis. And, the person son in law LOL I'm not surprised. Her future mother in law will be happy I'm sure !! And, Fernando is worse than a woman, a lot of suitcases LOL If he has his computer, maybe he'll see the forum and see the support he has !!!

Great man, proud to be one of your fan

Para siempre Gonzo

Old 08-21-2005, 09:01 AM   #71
country flag GonzoFan

Feña's Friends: "Fernando never has gotten dizzy with the fame"

Like "simple, worried and very played for his friends" the friends of "El Bombardero de la Reina describe him."

Their friends say that Fernando González gets upset when he cannot talk with them in messenger. The virtual Club of Tobi is his daily connection with Chile and the great relief in the rigorous life of the tennis player. "He can be hours chatting, he likes to know everything that happens", Rodrigo Piti Alfaro, ex- tennis player comments, almost engineer and one of Feña's closest friend.

Although González constructed its network of the affection around tennis, with those companions of the promotion who did not undertake a professional career, the player is still friends with them. One of his deeper friendships is with the soccer player Nicolas Córdova.

"we met when I was in the inferior ones of Colo Colo and he was just opened himself in tennis. Since there, we never separated, we are really close friends. He is always worried about me and my family and, when he is in Europe, he comes to my house", says Córdova, that chose Gonzalez as godfather of his daughter Martina.

Alfaro says that "Fernando is a very simple person and he made the other person like him because of that. He never got dizzy with the fame and, when the group joins, he is one more of the gang", explains Piti, one of the privileged people whom González usually invites to the tournaments.

Córdova remembers that, "When González won the medals in Athens, I could not see any of matches. I was in the mountain and they had to tell to me, but I felt really happy ", confesses.

Alfaro thinks the same: "He was brilliant. When he won the doubles with Massú, he called me a while after and he did not understand my euphoria. "Hey, hueón, here they are all celebrating in the streets. you guys were amazing" I said to him and only there he notice what he did".

"He wanted to arrive high and he did it"

William Capdeville assures that he takes of the hat for Fernando González as a friend and as a tennis player. With the experience of his brother Paul, who climbs quiet, Capdeville has been able to calibrate better the successes of his companion of parties.

"Fernando wanted to arrive at a goal and he fulfilled it. He is a winner. It was disciplined in the work and that way he could raise as far as he wanted to ", explains the older of the Capdeville's, that praises the humility of the Bomber and describes him like "an example" of how to make the things with professionalism.

"When we are together we spoke just the necessary about tennis. Feña has the great quality to listen to understand, without losing the attention. He cares about everything in his friends's lifes. His triumph of Athens made him a stronger guy on the inside, but with us he is still the same person as always ".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tarjeta0036.jpg (293.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg tarjeta0037.jpg (102.1 KB, 9 views)

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt

Last edited by GonzoFan : 08-22-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:12 AM   #72
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Gonzo Articles and News

Thanks GonzoFan and olimpo!
Quote:
but I do have patience to work with De La Peña, ja, ja, ja, ja.
Where is De La Peña? And what is ja ja ja,it that equal to bla bla bla in English?
Quote:
Actually I never get angry ... It's hard to see me angry.
Ya at least I know it on court.

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 09:17 AM   #73
country flag GonzoFan

at least here in Chile we write jajajaja when we laugh

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt
Old 08-21-2005, 09:20 AM   #74
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Gonzo Articles and News

Thanks!
I saw some spanish forum and they wrote ja ja ja as well.

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 09:35 AM   #75
country flag GonzoFan

Smile Re: Gonzo Articles and News

The Kids dream

González developed a special fiber since the triumph in Athens. And it began when returning to Santiago: "it was really special to be in the office of the President, to see the children of the Teleton in the street wating for us in their wheelchairs. We passed by a hospital and the patients from the inside saluted us. As I said before, we made much people happy. And I felt very happy for giving all that to them ".

- What did you do with the medals, with the clothes? You donated them?

Well, I returned with four medals from Greece, the ones of Nico and mine. I gave the clothes to a guy from the COCh that said to me that they were for a museum. I imagine that they will be there. The medals are in the house of my parents. I am not the kind of person that keeps the things. For example, in Wimbledon I used the same clothes every day and I gave them to Toto Yarur, he is making a museum of the fashion and tennis. But now I believe that I am going to change and I am going to keep things for beneficial auctions.

- You have desire to support that kind of causes?

I would love to. The other day I knew the reality the mistreated children and was something that really touch me. I want to do something and I want to do it soon.

- What motivated to you to take this decision?

Perhaps I feel that I have the power of which just by to greet a boy I can make it happy. It is necessary to be thankful in life. I have sacrificed much to have what I have. Others also have been sacrificed, but they do not have it.

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt

Last edited by GonzoFan : 08-22-2005 at 02:23 PM.