Gonzo Articles and News - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-09-2005, 09:34 AM   #46
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gonzo Articles and News

I watch Rios on tv every Sunday and he always has something bad to say about Feña ...
GONZO SHOW HIM WHO YOU ARE !!!!!!

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2005, 01:53 PM   #47
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an interview with Fernando from latercera.cl today:

Fernando González lost against Max Mirnyi in the first round of the Masters Series of Montreal and remained so angry that himself asked court to coach al following day at 9 o'clock in the morning. "It is that I felt that I did not play", the first national racquet said subsequently, who had a negative start of the season of fast courts in North America, fundamental in the objective to finish the year inside the 10 better than the world.

Nevertheless, to four days of the traspié in Canada, the "Bomber of The Queen" already is focused in its new objective: the Masters Series of Cincinnati, that begins on Monday. Here, the national player will include an additional problem, therefore until yesterday was a place out of the 16 seeds of the tournament. Thus, it is very probable that touch to face to a favorite one in the first round.

Despite all, the player continues excite in obtaining his supreme goal for this season: to finalize inside the top ten of the Tour, something that never has obtained in his career. "The possibility is there and I have to know to take it. I am playing well. Against Mirnyi did not I play. The it did what had to do and I felt very uncomfortable. But not by losing a match that I am going to throw all by the window".

It aproblemó the fast thing that were the courts and that the balls are peeled, what does difficult to control them?

Recently I spoke with (Andre) Agassi and coincided with me in which feels as if was itself in height. The ball is peeled and I came coaching in other conditions in Miami, where there is a lot of humidity and the balls they are put hairy and heavy.

Cincinnati is a tournament that brings him good memories. It arrived at semifinals the 2002 (lost against Lleyton Hewitt) ...

In Cincinnati has always gone me well. That year I beat Henman, Roddick, among others. Very hard players in this type of courts. I hope a good picture touch myself this year. The Masters Series are complicated tournaments, because are the better. In the first return can touch you a hard type, as the same one Mirnyi, that for to have been seeded is a complicated player to face.

You he was coded large expectations for the season of cement, above all after him of Wimbledon (quarterfinals). What lack to give that great leap?

I am well. Only one must expect that be given and from there stop not. My expectations continue being the same. I want to finish as up as possible and to be top ten. The US Open, for example, is a tournament that motivates me a lot, where already has gone me well in previous years (quarterfinals in 2002).

You and Massú they should defend the points of the Olympic Games from Athens the next week. That pressures you?

Always I have said that I hope had that to defend points all the weeks. That means that one did the things well. And I hope can win more points still, because is the only form to arrive up.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 02:24 PM   #48
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Putting in my two cents about Rios' comments about Fernando.

I don't like Rios - and he and Fena don't get along, which tells me that Fena has very good judgment in people.

And I wish Rios didn't like Nico. I know Fergie has said that Rios has done a lot of good things for Nico - but I also know the poor influence that Rios had on Nico in the early stages of his career - and that totally out weighs the good things.

So - personally I'm thankful Rios doesn't like Fena - Fena doesn't need a "friend" like him.

Too bad the boys didn't have a great mentor like Carlos is for Rafa.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 09:37 PM   #49
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Nico Fan : First, thank you for the article and for the translation and second, I'm 100 % agree with you about what you said about Rios

I'm glad that Chile has a player like Fernando.
I don't follow Nicolas a lot, so I can't really judge if he's someone nice. I saw him a couple of times in Kitz and he seems to be a nice guy. But, since Roland-Garros this year, I try to watch him a little bit more I watched the end of his first round this week.

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 11:38 AM   #50
country flag olimpo

olimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the internet translation of a new article from La Tercera (it does not sound good to me)

Difficult it will be the party of today (11 hours in field three) for Fernando González, by the passage to the third round of the Masters Series of Cincinnati. The Chilean faces the Argentinean David Nalbandian (11º ATP), against whom adds five defeats in six confrontations. But beyond the rival, the great concern for the first national racket is the annoyance that affected to him in the party by the first round in Ohio, before the Serb Novak Djokovic.

The player of the Queen has been dragging for a pair of days an ailment in the thigh of the left leg, that basically bothers to him when it accelerates. "Today (yesterday) amaneció made a good training well and in the evening. There are situations in which it bothers more to him, but must not have problems to play tomorrow (today)", commented Horacio technician of the Rock.

The father del tennis player, Fernando González, commented that everything had to an overload and that that had produced him the annoyance. In this sense, the representative of González advanced that more surely he is than this one does not play the next week the ATP of New Haven, previous match to the Opened one of the United States, real priority for the Olympic champion.

The complica rival of today still more the things, because Nalbandian has seizure to him the hand to the first national racket. The last time that faced was in the Opened one of Australia of this year, in a surface similar to which gambles the match in Ohio. The only triumph of the Chilean was in and World-wide by Equipment of Düsseldorf, in clay. Nalbandian is the one who enjoys with the favoritism, although González tries to surprise.

Here's the link to the original article

http://www.tercera.cl/medio/articulo...604354,00.html
olimpo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:03 AM   #51
country flag FelipeMIA89

FelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a translation of what Gonzo said about his recent results and future.
About his wins this week, he said that his service has made the "difference". He saw Nikolay Davydenko and Paul Henri Mathieu and commented that Davydenko hits harder than Nalbandian, but makes more errors.
About Gonzos win today against Nalbandian he said: I've had a bad record with him, but today my game was like never before and was playing very confortably.
About the injury that he has, he said: It bothered me a little but it felt much better. Its probably overload, I don't think its nothing serious. Today I ran without any problems and I'm very calm.
About competing in New Haven next week he said: I want to finish here and see what happens next week.
About US Open he said: Its a long tournament where a lot of things can happen. I very much like to play there, the balls are a little bit slower and it favors me alot.
Vamos GONZO!!
FelipeMIA89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 04:26 AM   #52
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting Olimpo and Felipe. It is really good to hear that his leg didn't bother him today and he is confident.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 04:31 AM   #53
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Felipe I just read the interview in Radio Cooperativa I'm soooo happy to hear that he feels good

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt
Old 08-18-2005, 07:18 AM   #54
country flag GonzoFan

Here is an interview with Gonzo from www.latercera.cl

Fernando Gonzalez: "The win over Nalbandian makes me see the future with more trust"

The Chilean defeated the Argentinean by 3-6, 6-1 and 6-2, in the second round of the Masters Series of Cincinnati
Thus, number one of Chile shortens the 5-1 distance that had the Cordovan in the registry of duels between them

He wasn't favorite, had a doubtful beginning... seemed lost, but in the end he retired from the court number 3 of the Masters Series of Cincinnati with one of his more important triumphs of the year. Fernando González removed yesterday a tremendous thorn, after defeating by 3-6, 6-1 and 6-2 to David Nalbandian (11°), that already was raised like his "black beast", because the registry of victories between both threw cleary a 5-1 in favor of the Argentinean.

That advantage of Nalbandian was materialized again. Nalbandian won the first set and broke the serve of "El Bombaerdero de la Reina" in the initial game of the second. But from then on everything was there for the Chilean, who relates his impeccable rise: "the first set I did not play it very well, but after he broke me I began to put everything, to hit the ball with more force, to dominate with my service".

Takes off a weight with your triumph over Nalbandian?

I feel that it was a very important victory, specially because I defeated a player with whom I had very negative results. With this I feel far better, with more confidence. By how the previous matchs with him had occurred, the triumph makes see me the future with more security in what I do.

After your elimination in the first round of Montreal, this revive your idea to be in the Top Ten?

That desire has always been present, is not that it returns to be born with my victory of today (yesterday). But obviously that the more matchs I win, more close I am of that objective.

But if you recover the level that you showed before Montreal...

David Nalbandian is a great player and it will always be important to defeat him. But this confirms to me that I am through a great moment and that I am more solid mentally... at least today I felt very well.

Do you feel an extra pressure because you have to defend the points that you gained last year with the Bronze in Athens ?

I would like to defend many points all the year, because that shows me that I am playing well. My idea is to take care of the points that I won in the Olympic Games, but in this sport one always goes up and down. The key is in that you need to feel that you are playing well and can improve

The next rival

Cincinnati, González thinks about his next rival. The first racket of the country must play today with the Russian Nikolay Davydenko (7°), who defeated the French Paul-Henri Mathieu (43°) with a double 6-2.

In this case the statistic are also unfavorable for the national (0-2), but "if I am serving well, I believe that I can win. He has great shots, but I am playing well ", says "Feña". And he demonstrated yesterday that he speaks in serious

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt

Last edited by GonzoFan : 08-18-2005 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:11 AM   #55
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot Gonzo Fan, we are not worried anymore now

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 09:27 AM   #56
country flag olimpo

olimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot Felipe and GonzoFan for the info/articles/translations. So glad to hear that his leg is much better.

Last edited by olimpo : 08-18-2005 at 09:31 AM.
olimpo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 05:47 AM   #57
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Gonzo Articles and News

Thanks for those articles. IMO he should reduce even not to play doubles until he will 100% recover from his injurys.

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 09:44 AM   #58
country flag GonzoFan

From www.latercera.cl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gonzalez did not defend the points of Athens 2004

Fernando González was eliminated in the third round of the Masters Series of Cincinnati
After the defeat against the Russian Nikolay Davydenko, the Chilean will leave the group of the Top 20 of the world, because he didn't defend the semifinals of the Olympic Games of Athens.

The serve did not work to him yesterday as it happened in the match with the Argentinean David Nalbandian. It was the great problem of the Chilean, who fell by 6-3 and 6-4 against the Russian Nikolay Davydenko, and leaving the Masters Series of Cincinnati.

It was an evening of many errors from the national player, who never could take the hand to his rival. The things started bad for the "Bomber of the Queen", when he gave his serve in the second game of the first set. And it was worse when he was incapable to give back the gentility to the Russian, when Feña wasted six break points in the rest of the set.

In the second set, everything seemed lost for the national player when he gave again his service in third game. Nevertheless, it managed to react and it recovered the disadvantage in the sixth game. There it seemed that the Chilean would wake up, but it was only a mirage. Break in the seventh game and of in ahead everything it was there for Davydenko, that with absolute calm closed the set by 6-4.

González, like Nicolas Massú, arrived at Cincinnati with the mission to defend the points that reached the year last in Athens. And both failed in the objective. While the viñamarino lost in first round and will leave the Top 50, "El Bombardero de la Reina" was not able to defend the 205 points that he gained in Greece and he will leave the Top 20 next Monday (today he is 18°). The player will appear 21° or 22°, depending on what the Russian Mikhail Youzhny does. If this last one advances today to semifinals in Ohio.

Where in any case it will have an advance will be in the Champions Race. Here Gonzalez will jump of 13° to 11°, reason why its option to reach the Masters of Shanghai is still in his hands. The Chilean, whom next week will play in New Haven, has 248 points and the tenth place has 294 (Mariano Puerta).

Fernando Gonzalez will be 11° in the Champions Race, reason why he will gamble his classification to Shanghai in the U.S. Open and the Masters Series of Madrid and Paris.

The first Chilean racket will return to action next week in New Haven.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone translate the article from Las Ultimas Noticias , please

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt

Last edited by GonzoFan : 08-19-2005 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:42 AM   #59
country flag Papakori

Papakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond repute

thanks gonzofan
Papakori is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 12:35 PM   #60
country flag Vamos Feńa

Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond reputeVamos Feńa has a reputation beyond reputeVamos Feńa has a reputation beyond reputeVamos Feńa has a reputation beyond reputeVamos Feńa has a reputation beyond reputeVamos Feńa has a reputation beyond reputeVamos Feńa has a reputation beyond reputeVamos Feńa has a reputation beyond reputeVamos Feńa has a reputation beyond reputeVamos Feńa has a reputation beyond reputeVamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
I would love to see him in Shanghai just hope he'll be ok in New Haven
Vamos Feńa!