Gonzo Articles and News - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-13-2005, 09:06 PM   #31
country flag olimpo

olimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gonzo Articles and News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie
Feña is ready to rock the world, vamos!!!
Love that, Fergie Yes he is and we are behind him! VAMOS!!!
olimpo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2005, 05:14 PM   #32
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Gonzo Articles and News

Gonzalez Bullies Into Second Round

In first round action at the Priority Telecom Open in Amersfoort, The Netherlands, No. 2 seed Fernando Gonzalez successfully opened his campaign to return to the final.

The 2004 runner-up (l. Verkerk) needed only 49 minutes to defeat Kristof Vliegen of Belgium 6-2, 6-1. Belgian Vliegen. Gonzalez broke serve four times and the only two break points he faced in the second set. He fired five aces to only one double fault.

The hard-hitting Chilean next faces Robin Vik of the Czech Republic who defeated Nicolas Lapentti 6-1, 6-3 in one hour, six minutes. Vik broke Lapentti's serve on four occasions and saved the only break point he faced in the first set.

This is Vik's third second round appearance on the year having won first round matches at Roland Garros and Newport as well. He has never before faced Gonzalez.

Spaniard David Sanchez improved to 3-0 in career meetings against Tomas Behrend of Germany scoring a 6-4, 7-5 win in one hour, 37 minutes.

In the first set, Sanchez stormed to a 4-0 lead, but Behrend came as close as 3-4 before Sanchez served it out 6-4. In the second set, Sanchez was up 5-3 and had 5 m.p while serving at 5-4 but couldn't close. He served three aces and two double faults.

http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsands...ort_monday.asp

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 03:04 PM   #33
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Gonzalez defeats Calleri to win Priority Telecom Open

AMERSFOORT, Netherlands (AP) -- Fernando Gonzalez of Chile defeated Argentina's Agustin Calleri on Sunday 7-5, 6-3 to win the Priority Telecom Open, his second ATP tour title of the year.

Gonzalez, ranked 27th after reaching this year's Wimbledon quarterfinals, mixed his powerful forehand with drop shots, lobs and deft winners at the net.

The Chilean, who turns 25 next Friday, picked up his sixth career title and $53,000. He also won in Auckland in January.

Calleri broke Gonzalez in the ninth game and was serving for the first set at 5-4 when Gonzalez broke back.

Gonzalez broke again to take the set with a crosscourt backhand that passed the Argentine at the net.

Gonzalez had two match points at 5-2, but the Argentine saved them both. Gonzalez then hit the last two of his six aces to win his final service game at love.

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 04:34 PM   #34
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so happy for him ! he deserves EVERYTHING

Fergie - I love your avatar Gonzo looks so good ...

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt

Last edited by GonzoFan : 08-03-2005 at 08:44 AM.
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:10 AM   #35
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Here is an article from www.canal13.cl

I'm sleepy so I didn't translate this it's internet translation ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A mark that he still can break

Exactly two years ago, Fernando González, reached his better ranking in the ATP when being located in the place 13º, after reaching the final in Washington, 2003, where he was defeated by the English Tim Henman. In this same tournament, Gonzalez defeated the American Andre Agassi in semis, in one of the best triumphs of his career.

By these days the "Bomber of La Reina" rests in Miami to arrive well prepared at the season of hardcourts, that for the best national tennis player of the moment will begin with the Masters Series of Montreal next Monday 8.

By this decision he will not participate in Washington.

Nevertheless, "Mano de Piedra" must keep the best memories of Washington 2003, where thanks to that he reached the final, he reached the 13º ranking spot, his best historical ranking.

For that reason, it is valid to remember the shining week that the Chilean had from the 28th of July to the 3rd of August of 2003. González arrived at this tournament 14º of the world and with the hope to open of the best way his season in hardcourts after clay tournaments.

Due to his condition of seed he was free in the first round, reason why it calmly waited for his rival in second round. In second round he played against Julien Benneteau (183º by then) and he had an easy win : 6-2, 6-4.

This way he reach 3º round and now has to face giant Croatian Mario Ancic, in a true lawsuit of bombers. But, the national managed to mark the differences at the right moment. González won that match 7-5 and 7-6 (5).

In quarterfinals, the now Olympic medalist, had to face another player with a incredible serve, Max Mirnyi (34º). Gonzo won that match 7-6 (3) 6-2.

In semifinals the awaited match ... Fernando Gonzalez vs 1 of the world of that time, the legendary American Andre Agassi. The match began with a somewhat nervous Chilean, which made it do several unforced errors. Thus it was not strange that the regular game of the North American prevailed in the first set by 3-6.

Nevertheless, the reaction of the Bomber arrived just on time, because with a lot of missiles he remained in the second set by 6-4, reason why everything had to define in a third set. In that third set, the most intense and touching moments were lived on the encounter, and it was define in a tiebreak, that González gained 7-6 (5).

His first final of the year in Washington arrived and he had to play with experimented english Tim Henman. Lamentably the chilean could not extend his shinning week and lost in two sets 3-6 and 4-6, perhaps feeling the fatigue of those intense days.

This way, a the tournament ended without a doubt that the tennis player from La Reina must remember, because after that he reached the best ranking of his career, which not yet can surpass. It is to hope that in his return to the circuit in the Masters Series of Montreal, Cincinnati and the U.S. Open it manages to break his own mark and enters to the top ten.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some pics of Feña in Washington ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GONZALEZ_WASHINGTON0005.jpg (40.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg GONZALEZ_WASHINGTON0010.jpg (46.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg GONZALEZ_WASHINGTON0013.jpg (38.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg GONZALEZ_WASHINGTON0018.jpg (34.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg GONZALEZ_WASHINGTON0027.jpg (43.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg GONZALEZ_WASHINGTON0029.jpg (30.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg GONZALEZ_WASHINGTON0030.jpg (33.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg GONZALEZ_WASHINGTON0031.jpg (34.0 KB, 7 views)

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:28 PM   #36
country flag Papakori

Papakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks GonzoFan
Papakori is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:03 PM   #37
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

The match against Agassi was amazing but sadly against Henman our Feña played too bad

Thanks for the article!

Old 08-05-2005, 05:55 PM   #38
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Throught my Enqvist website, I received an email from the webmaster of the Marcelo Rios website. I clicked on the link and I read that :

[From Marcelo Rios Website]
"Although he does not have a lot of points to defend during the rest of the season, Marcelo Rios says it will be hard for Fernando Gonzalez to become Top Ten. Rios says Gonzalez still has a very irregular game and is an aspect he needs to improve. "He needs to learn how to play bad and still win," he said.

The former world number one also congratulated Adrian Garcia for reaching the final at the Challenger of Poznan in Poland. Rios added Garcia now has to aim for the Top 100. "

Apparently, Rios doesn't seem to like Fernando. Well, I have never liked Rios and I hope that Gonzo will be in the top 10 at the end of the year. Hopefully, that Chile, has now, someone like Fernando, so nice with people, it wasn't the case of Marcelo.

Val

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:27 PM   #39
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, from all that I've heard, there is no love lost b/t Fernando and Rios so have to take anything Rios says about him with a grain of salt. Don't know the details but they do have completely opposite personalities.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:41 PM   #40
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not surprised that there are some problems between them. Yes, Fernando is the total opposite of Rios. When I started, a few years ago, to be interested by Fernando, I was a bit sceptical, cause he was Chilean, and maybe, I thought he was like Rios. I know it was stupid to think that. When I follow the carreer of a player, I attach a lot of importance to the personality of the player and Fernando moves me with this great personality. Hopefully, I saw him in Paris Indoor in 2002 smiling during all his match that is why I decided to know more about Gonzo after the Open. I Wish him all the best, and I really hope that he'll enter in the top 10 at the end of the year, just to make Rios speechless !!

Val

Val

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 04:04 AM   #41
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Marcelo never believes in Feña ... I remember when Feña started to work with Horacio and almost defeated Marcelo here en Chile and said that he wasn't impressed with his game

Old 08-06-2005, 04:09 AM   #42
country flag iliketennis

iliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond repute

At least we all believe in Fena
iliketennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 04:14 AM   #43
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Gonzo Articles and News

I haven't known their relationship is, but Rios didn't say all wrong,Feña can improve to be better. Anyway Feña has the motivation to prove him wrong!

Thanks for the articles.

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:56 AM   #44
country flag Vamos Feńa

Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond reputeVamos Feńa has a reputation beyond reputeVamos Feńa has a reputation beyond reputeVamos Feńa has a reputation beyond reputeVamos Feńa has a reputation beyond reputeVamos Feńa has a reputation beyond reputeVamos Feńa has a reputation beyond reputeVamos Feńa has a reputation beyond reputeVamos Feńa has a reputation beyond reputeVamos Feńa has a reputation beyond reputeVamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute

Now I don't like Rios much more
Hey Feña show Marcelo how wrong he is! Vamos!
Old 08-06-2005, 05:05 PM   #45
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

When I follow the carreer of a player, I attach a lot of importance to the personality of the player and Fernando moves me with this great personality.

Val

Val[/quote]

I'm the same way. I became interested in tennis after watching Nico in the finals at the Olympics last year and started to follow him. But you can't follow Nico without learning about Fena and Fena really started to grow on me with his sweet personality and sense of humor. I have yet to hear a story about Fena where he behaved badly and he seems to always make time for fans. I would be a fan now no matter what his ranking.

And Rios may have a point about Fena's playing style but from what I can tell Fena has made changes these last months and seems ready to set the tennis world on fire! Rios needs to catch up a bit with the latest...

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote