Gonzo Articles and News - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-20-2006, 06:48 PM   #256
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gonzo Articles and News

I wonder if we'll see Fernando in the gossip pages of the newspapers again now that he is in Chile

Let's hope the papparazis will leave him alone!!!

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2006, 07:10 PM   #257
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Ouahh... how I hate to read about Fena like this... I blame it on AA not pulling out of Shanghai earlier so that Fena could re-think his late season -- he was already in vacation-mode then had to suddenly go all the way to Shanghai without preparation. Having to play there shortened his vacation and then he didn't have time to rest OR to prepare properly for 2006... not the ideal start to a new year esp w a title to defend right away... losing early at AO... just terrible for him.

I hope he can get better first and get back into form so he can recuperate points elsewhere.

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:14 AM   #258
country flag olimpo

olimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond repute

So good news - I'm so relieved ........

From La Tercera

After being carried out exams, was confirmed that Fernando González does not have an injury of worry in the shoulder

Only to descend the loads

As it explained the doctor Alejandro Orizola, the player has a bursitis and an inflammation to articulate in the collarbone, produced by overload of work, what in any case does not put in doubt his action for Vineyard of the Sea.

To Fernando González nor it mattered to him that his rival in the first round of the Open one of Australia, the American one Alex Bogomolov, they had applied him a fine of 4.500 dollars. "Do not I know if is just or not. The same thing gives me that have him sanctioned" said the Chilean to its arrival yesterday al country. Clearly, the unique thing that wants is to forget that party, one of the worst than having played in his career, like he himself assumed after the defeat.

The first national racquet has other worries now. The main one relation with its physicist says, specifically the injury that suffers in the right shoulder. A pain that from Auckland affects him, two weeks ago. It was therefore that already in the airport Arturo Merino Benítez was received by the doctor Alejandro Orizola, who sent the direct to be carried out a series of exams to know the reasons of the inconvenience. Already in the afternoon, the "Bomber of The Queen" arrived to the hospital Meds, where knew the reaches of the injury, with the resonances in the hand. "What has Fernando is a bursitis in the shoulder and an inflammation to articulate in the collarbone, product of the overload of work that has had lately", commented Orizola.

In this way a greater injury was ruled out and was confirmed that the player will be able to be without problems in the ATP of Vineyard of the Sea, that will begin January 30. "In five or six days already he will be able to be training normally. He can continue training , clear that descending the loads of work and mixed with physiotherapy, he would not have problems to arrive well to Vineyard", he explained the doctor. Orizola added that this is a normal injury of the tennis players, but that to future they will have to be taken recaudos so that this inconvenience intensify not.

Cup Davis

The results of the exams should leave tranquil al captain Hans Gildemeister, therefore all indicates that González will arrive well al encounter before Slovakia. The own tennis player, in the meantime, reduced importance to the possible absence of the two European, Karol Beck, defendant of positive by doping. "It does not it matter who of them comes, but Nicolas (Massú) and I we find us in good form", explained the Olympic champion, at the same time that importance reduced him al poor start of season that had (fourth of end in Auckland and first in Australia). "I am playing well, not by losing a championship in the first round signifies that descend again. I have another time to prepare Vineyard and the Cup Davis, so with the best spirit I am going to be capable of play well again", said González,
olimpo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:23 AM   #259
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I just finished reading that in La Tercera and was going to translate it but you beat me

thanks for the article, Olimpo

I'm so relieved too It's great to know that it wasn't something bad as we thought.
I was so worried that today in the newspapers I would read bad news but I'm so happy to know that everything is fine

Now he only needs to rest that shoulder for a few days and hope he'll be in a great form for Viña and Davis Cup

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt

Last edited by GonzoFan : 01-21-2006 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:30 AM   #260
country flag olimpo

olimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoFan
I just finished reading that in La Tercera and was going to translate it but you beat me

Quote:
I was so worried that today in the newspapers I would read bad news but I'm so happy to know that everything is fine
Me too I was even hesitating for a second before I did the click to open the newspaper site and now I'm so happy.
olimpo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:29 AM   #261
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to read some good news

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 12:01 PM   #262
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for the good news girls

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 12:08 PM   #263
country flag FelipeMIA89

FelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank God, its really gooood news!
FelipeMIA89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:18 AM   #264
country flag GonzoFan

an article from La Tercera
*-internet translation-*

De La Peña: "Fernando will be very well for Viña"

Fernando González began the work yesterday to recover the injury that affects him. To the Chilean tennis player they detected a bursitis in the right shoulder, situation that was present in the two tournaments he played in the beggining of the season in the Australian Continent (Auckland and Australian Open). Nevertheless, is a smaller injury, that it will not prevent him to fulfill the commitments that he has ahead, the ATP of Viña del Mar (30 of January) and Davis Cup (10 of February). And according to his coach, Horacio of the Rock, this annoyance will not be an obstacle either so that it arrives well prepared at the City Garden. "the fundamental thing in the next days will be to recover the shoulder and to adapt it to the clay. But still there is time and I am sure that Fernando will arrive very well at Viña ", said the "Flea".

At the moment, the first national racket is only making kinésico work and in the gymnasium. Tuesday will retake the practices of tennis, putting special care in all the movements that can affect the zone that bothers to him. That is to say, the "Bomber of the Queen" has one week to adapt to the clay, which does not worry to the Argentine trainer. "the important thing is that Fernando is well trained. In addition that the conditions do not change much, because the field in Australia was slow. It is necessary to fit some details, but Fernando adapts very fast to the changes of field ", explained Of the Rock.

In any case, to the transandino technician still it gives to returns in the head the reason for which his pupilo suffered of the shoulder. The doctor Alejandro Orizola said that he was by an overload of work in the preseason, situation that he does not share absolutely. "is not that Fernando has been sobredemanded. And for that reason I worry, because it can be product of a movement that is making bad or different. That is what we need to see well, to avoid that one repeats again ", explained Of the Rock.

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt
Old 01-22-2006, 09:44 AM   #265
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article & translation

Para siempre Gonzo

Old 01-22-2006, 11:42 AM   #266
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

We believe in you Horacio

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 02:47 PM   #267
country flag FelipeMIA89

FelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond reputeFelipeMIA89 has a reputation beyond repute

VAMOS GONZO!
FelipeMIA89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:23 PM   #268
country flag GonzoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie
We believe in you Horacio

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt
Old 01-23-2006, 06:19 PM   #269
country flag GonzoFan

Feña will be at 5:00 pm (Chile time) in La Medialuna de Rancagua with Hans Gildemeister to see the conditions of the court, etc ...

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt
Old 01-23-2006, 06:32 PM   #270
country flag enqvistfan

Quote:
Feña will be at 5:00 pm (Chile time) in La Medialuna de Rancagua with Hans Gildemeister to see the conditions of the court, etc ...
It's in 30 mins lol

Para siempre Gonzo