Gonzo Articles and News - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-03-2006, 04:21 AM   #226
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gonzo Articles and News

Fena deserves to win ALL the polls and awards in my book!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2006, 12:58 PM   #227
country flag Pattyta

Pattyta has a reputation beyond reputePattyta has a reputation beyond reputePattyta has a reputation beyond reputePattyta has a reputation beyond reputePattyta has a reputation beyond reputePattyta has a reputation beyond reputePattyta has a reputation beyond reputePattyta has a reputation beyond reputePattyta has a reputation beyond reputePattyta has a reputation beyond reputePattyta has a reputation beyond repute

TODAY SPECIAL OF GONZO ON TV
ESPN+ 22.00 HRS CHILE
watch it if you can

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR ALL THE FEÑATICOS HAVE A NICE YEAR

VAMOS NICO!!! Recupera tu confianza
GO MARAT!!! SAFINATOR!!!
Pattyta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:09 PM   #228
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyta
ESPN+ 22.00 HRS CHILE
watch it if you can

If you have the opportunity to watch the tv show, please tell us how it was. Thank you

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:36 PM   #229
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ESPN+ 22.00 HRS CHILE
watch it if you can

I heard about it on Tuesday can't wait to see it

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:30 PM   #230
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

How cool! I hope you can watch it for us!

"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
Old 01-04-2006, 07:55 PM   #231
country flag olimpo

olimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ESPN+ 22.00 HRS CHILE
watch it if you can

Thanks Pattyta for letting us know. Enjoy! I have seen that it is a 1 hour special, wow!...... how I wish I could watch it *sigh* Is someone recording it?
olimpo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:58 PM   #232
country flag Pattyta

Pattyta has a reputation beyond reputePattyta has a reputation beyond reputePattyta has a reputation beyond reputePattyta has a reputation beyond reputePattyta has a reputation beyond reputePattyta has a reputation beyond reputePattyta has a reputation beyond reputePattyta has a reputation beyond reputePattyta has a reputation beyond reputePattyta has a reputation beyond reputePattyta has a reputation beyond repute

I'll see you by you
and I'll record it too

VAMOS NICO!!! Recupera tu confianza
GO MARAT!!! SAFINATOR!!!
Pattyta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 07:29 PM   #233
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

The special on ESPN was great! it was one hour special and he talked about his family, friends, life on the tour, childhood, etc,etc,etc ... he showed his house and where he keeps his trophies, also said what kind of music he likes to listen (Guns n' Roses U2, etc ... ) he even talked a little bit about his "fight" with Coria but what he said about it is what he already know, that he wanted to say what he said about Coria but maybe the way he said it wasn't the best way ...
His mother was also in the beggining of the show and she said that once they were going out on vacations and Gonzo was like 6 years old and that he didn't package or anything and the only thing that he was carrying were his rackets and his mom told him to leave the rackets at home because they were going to rest and then Gonzo said that he remembered that in that place where they were going there wasn't even light
He also talked about his wins over Agassi in 2003 and Sampras in 2002
he tried to remember what said to Agassi at the net after the match and he said it was something like my dream has come true or something like that

It was a great special

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt
Old 01-06-2006, 08:30 PM   #234
country flag RogiFan88

Aww... I wish I could see that show! Sounds great, gracias a GonzoFan!!!

Old 01-07-2006, 10:10 AM   #235
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot Gonzofan for the report, a collector to have

Para siempre Gonzo

Old 01-07-2006, 07:48 PM   #236
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Gonzofan! Sounds like a great show. Fena is such a sweetheart-I can just see him as a little boy with his rackets!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:24 PM   #237
country flag GonzoFan

I just read in the newspaper El Mercurio that Gonzo was going to the doctor today in Melbourne

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt
Old 01-13-2006, 07:08 PM   #238
country flag enqvistfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoFan
I just read in the newspaper El Mercurio that Gonzo was going to the doctor today in Melbourne
Hope everything will be ok !! Thanks for the news !!

Para siempre Gonzo

Old 01-15-2006, 12:16 PM   #239
country flag enqvistfan

I found an old article about Fernando in one of my French tennis mag. Here's the translation.

The hitter with a great heart

The "surprise" of this Roland-Garros was Martin Verkerk, and not Fernando Gonzalez, the man, Fabrice Santoro was saying at the beginning of the tournament that he was a dangerous threat.

It was his first participation in the French championships, Marcelo Rios' sucessor as the number 1 player from Chile, has amazed the French audience of the center court "Philippe Chatrier" with his powerful serve and forehand and the audacity of his tennis, he only fell in 5 sets to Ferrero in the quarters. But, it's been two years that the biceps and the thighs of this "Popeye" from Santiago, 23 years old, next july 29th, he makes fear everyone on the atp tour.

Gonzalez already won 3 atp titles, all on clay : Orlando in 2000 and last year Viña del Mar and Palermo. Fast courts are not a problem for him, he made the 1/8 final last year in the Australian Open, made the final in Basel (indoor), his semi in Cincinatti where he defeated Clément, Henman, Krajicek and Roddick and finally, his first great quarter final in a grand slam, at the US OPEN, lost in the tie-break of the 5th set against the Dutch Sjeng Schalken. In the 3rd round, he defeated Juan-Carlos Ferrero. At the end of the year 2002, he was number 18 and started the year at the number 135 in the atp ranking, he was the second substitute for the Masters Cup in Shanghai.

This year, till Roland-Garros, he only made 3 quarters but one of his quarters was during the MS Hamburg with victories on : Olivier Mutis, Felix Mantilla and L.Hewitt (smashed 6/0 in the 3rd set). The last surprised of Gonzalez's results in Roland-Garros were his unhappy opponents : Gambill, Portas, Schalken and Nieminen. Concerning Ferrero, the only one who left the court as a winner after his 6th match point with a terrible fear to not be able to finish the match. He didn't search to hide his febrility that Gonzalez makes, he lost two of their last matches on the tour (on fast courts) but also... the Roland-Garros Juniors final in 1998 !

"I can't play my best tennis against Fernando", Ferrero said. "I don't know what to expect from him and it makes me nervous, it's tough to adapt to the speed of his strokes. He doesn't let you breathe, and I'm not the only one to have difficulties against him".

He's coached by Horacio de la Peña, a former player from Argentina, Fernando Gonzalez started to play tennis at the age of 5, in Santiago. He resisted to play football, another sport where he excelled. And, he decided to play tennis, thanks to the reputation of Roland-Garros in South America. "I have always dreamed of Roland-Garros in front of my tv" he said in an interview for French tennis magazine (cf Tennis mag 325). For me, and for all the South Americains and the spaniards, all the latinos, Roland-Garros, is very special, it's the biggest tournament in the world"

He qualified for the 3rd round last year, Gonzalez was a bit unlucky this year, his game is based on the speed and the punch and he thought that the balls were slower than they used to be.

One of his regrets in his match against Ferrero was his lack of first balls. For the rest, Fernando reminds that his favourite player has always been Boris Becker and he says simply : "I have always wanted to hit the ball the strongest as I could, the forehand is my best stroke. I hit it so strongly, I try sometimes to win my matches only with my strong forehand !"

Fernando is appreciated on the tour for his simplicity, his kindness, he's perceived differently comparing to his famous irascible compatriot, Marcelo Rios, Gonzalez again showed that he was a hitter with a big heart when he hug Ferrero and he said him in his ear : "Congrats for your victory. I hope you'll win the tournament because you are a great player, a nice guy and I like you". Here's a player who didn't leave the court under the whistles...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gonzo_tennis_mag.jpg (172.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg gonzo_tennis_mag2.jpg (151.2 KB, 14 views)

Para siempre Gonzo

Last edited by enqvistfan : 01-15-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:10 PM   #240
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Gonzo Articles and News

Thanks Val!
Quote:
Gonzalez again showed that he was a hitter with a big heart when he hug Ferrero and he said him in his ear
This is so touching.

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote