Gonzo Articles and News - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-20-2005, 09:23 AM   #196
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gonzo Articles and News

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoFan
I just read an article from www.lun.com
here's the link http://www.lun.com/Modulos/Catalogo/...PR23LU2012.HTM - I couldn't attach the article here don't know what's wrong with this computer -

Basically it says that today morning it's the ceremony (11 am) for the awards given by sport journalists and in the category "Best of the Best" Nicole Perrot and Fernando are the big favorties to win this award -remember that I mentioned this some days ago ?? http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=147

I think he really deserves this award! he had an amazing year, won three titles, played great the whole year! and finished the year 11th in the world!

Let's hope Fernando will win it! and let's also hope that he'll be at the ceremony cause if I remember well last year when he won this award with Nico Massu he couldn't go and his mom when in his place.
Thanks for the news
I also hope he'll receive the award
Here's the article !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg article_gonzo.jpg (326.8 KB, 21 views)

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2005, 04:49 PM   #197
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Gonzo didn't won "The best of the best" award ... but he did won the award for best tennis player of the year.
I think that for him it would have been excellent to win this award after all he did this year

The winner was Alberto Gonzalez - at least it was a Gonzalez -

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:55 PM   #198
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Gonzo didn't won "The best of the best" award ... but he did won the award for best tennis player of the year.
I think that for him it would have been excellent to win this award after all he did this year

The winner was Alberto Gonzalez - at least it was a Gonzalez -
Well that sucks. I thought for sure that he would win.

Big for Fernando.

He's definitely "the best of the best" for us!
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:57 PM   #199
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan

Big for Fernando.

Ohh yeah! he is definitely the best of the best for us!

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt
Old 12-20-2005, 05:29 PM   #200
country flag olimpo

olimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan

Big for Fernando.

I agree that really sucks! But of course he's the best of the best, but unfortunately not everyone knows this yet

Here’s a link to a lovely video clip about Fernando’s visit at the Fundación Las Rosas.

http://enescena.canal13.cl/espectacu...eo/246390.html

Enjoy!

Fernando González showed his more humanitarian side

The national tennis player let the racket of side to visit the Saturday the 17 of December the grandparents of the Foundation Roses, with those who he shared a breakfast on the eve of Christmas. "It costs nothing to me to come to visit them, in addition it is super pretty to enjoy the grandpas awhile", declared number one of Chile, who preferred not to talk about to his personal life. "This year was to me super good, as much in tennis as in the personal. Nevertheless, I only like to make news for the reason what I do with the racket ", said the sportsman to his exit of the establishment. The "Bomber of the Queen" also had time to talk with the eldest people of our country, thus demonstrating his more humanitarian side with showing his presence in various social activities.
olimpo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:45 PM   #201
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ohh yeah! he is definitely the best of the best for us!

That's for sure! He always wins OUR awards!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:49 PM   #202
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

What a lovely video!!! Gracias, Olimpo! Those abuelos and abuelas appreciated Fena's visit -- how cute! One woman said it was worth it to see him in person!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:12 PM   #203
country flag GonzoFan

Thank you so much for the link, Olimpo!

all the abuelitos were so happy! in the news on Sunday they showed one that cried because he couldn't believe that Gonzo was there with them

He is a great man!

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt
Old 12-20-2005, 06:40 PM   #204
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot for the video Olimpo
Very nice video, it shows that he's a great man We didn't need that video to know that but it's great to see that one of your favourite player has a "gran corazon", and rich humanly

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:48 PM   #205
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Sad Fena didn't win the sportsman of the year award -he certainly deserved it! But at least he won best tennis player-he had such a great year.

And thanks for the link Olimpo-Fena has such a kind heart. I hope when I'm in a retirement home some hot young tennis player will come to visit!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:54 PM   #206
country flag GonzoFan

I just read an article in www.cooperativa.cl and it says that Gonzo was really sad because he didn't won the award
----------------------------------------

Horacio also talked with the press - he was at the ceremony too - and said that after the ceremony they'll go to Viña del Mar (I guess they are already there) for two weeks to continue training and then on Jan 4 they'll take the plain to Auckland.

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt
Old 12-20-2005, 11:10 PM   #207
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Feña deserved that award ... But we know that he is the best!

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:17 PM   #208
country flag olimpo

olimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just read an article in www.cooperativa.cl and it says that Gonzo was really sad because he didn't won the award
I read that too poor Fernando ....you can see it on the picture too although I like it somehow.
olimpo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:21 PM   #209
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Alberto deserves the award too, but his sport isn't popular ... Feña will win the award the next years, I'm sure

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:52 PM   #210
country flag GonzoFan

I'm also sure that he'll win the award next years but the thing is that I think that Feña has been nominated to this award like two times before and one year he also was kinda the favorite to win it but didn't so that's what it makes him more sad I think ...

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt