Gonzo Articles and News - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-19-2005, 01:37 AM   #181
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gonzo Articles and News

Cool, Nico and Marcelo? You know, I have to be thankful I had the chance to see Marcelo play in Toronto02 -- he beat Moya in R1 I believe and it was a great match! That was the first time I ever experienced the "CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE VIVA CHILE" fans! I loved it!! Too bad Marcelo never won a slam -- he's such a talented guy!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2005, 01:46 AM   #182
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88
Cool, Nico and Marcelo? You know, I have to be thankful I had the chance to see Marcelo play in Toronto02 -- he beat Moya in R1 I believe and it was a great match! That was the first time I ever experienced the "CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE VIVA CHILE" fans! I loved it!! Too bad Marcelo never won a slam -- he's such a talented guy!

I love the CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE chant. That and "vamos, vamos chilenos, esta tarde (noche), tenemos que ganar" song (I think that's right...lol!!!!).

Marcelo was extraordinarily talented - it's a shame that he never won a slam. I've heard many reasons for it - lack of work ethic, etc. But who knows...its difficult to win a slam even if a player is one of the best. I never know exactly what to make of him - personality or game.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:29 AM   #183
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
I love the CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE chant. That and "vamos, vamos chilenos, esta tarde (noche), tenemos que ganar" song (I think that's right...lol!!!!).

Marcelo was extraordinarily talented - it's a shame that he never won a slam. I've heard many reasons for it - lack of work ethic, etc. But who knows...its difficult to win a slam even if a player is one of the best. I never know exactly what to make of him - personality or game.
What is that song? I've never heard it -- is there any way I can hear it somewhere?? I'm very curious!!

"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
Old 12-19-2005, 10:00 AM   #184
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What is that song? I've never heard it -- is there any way I can hear it somewhere?? I'm very curious!!
I posted a video to listen to it this year during RG. I think you can find it in the Roland-Garros thread.

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:37 PM   #185
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Interview with Horacio in latercera. Sorry - some of the places the translation came out really weird.

Kind of sad - I don't want Horacio to stop coaching until Fernando stops playing.

From latercera.cl:

Time and again Horacio de la Pena insists to Adrián Garcia how to hit him to the ball of adequate form. He repeats to him time and again that "wrap the ball", that descend not the intensity. And Garcia pays attention, without importing the exhaustion by the hour and a half that carries in court. He is the style that, according to the "Pulga", he has carried to be successful with its pupilos and to coach today to three of the four better tennis players than has Chile.

Why the top-level Chilean tennis players choose Argentines to work?

I do not have idea. I can speak you by what do I generate that good relation with my pupilos. They say that I speak them in a way that are convinced of what I tell them. The form in which I am repeated them thousand times al day, causes improves them.

What do I bother him of the Chilean middle?

It gets mad me a lot when the people thinks on things that does not know. Gets mad myself when I return to Chile and I listen: "Nooo, Fernando shit again". The people understands that four years ago they did not have anything! They had to Marcelo Rios being withdrawn and a future one tenístico frightening. And suddenly they were found with a player as the Fernando, that is charismatic, good type and that breaks working. And that is 11 of the world, 11!

But you have also recognized that Fernando has been frightened in certain moments..

But if he is real that is frightened and he has to learn to improve it. And I have to continue working in giving him more you arm so that, when he be frightened, equal he wins the matches.

You talks with him on this behavior?

Yes. But sadly when we speak is it shit, hot, sad, and to everything that I tell tells him me that yes.

I am not bothered because you says it publically?

Yes and the large men are the ones that assume the problems. The had these problems to become inside the 200 and did well. Later to become inside the 100, later between the 50 and thus. But what luck that are having problems, because only there is 10 types everywhere that are better than Fernando! Dejémonos to screw. Get the Chilean sport and they see how many sportsmen they are there, how many..

Time ago that itself does not listen him put in polemics, ¿there is some change of style?

Always I say that who does not learn of its errors and does not try to improve remains stagnant. And one it has to go learning of the things that pass him. My idea in this work is to leave a bequest, an idea, a form to work, an intensity of work that hope remain and recall itself me as someone that has done the different things. What yes I do not want is that recall itself me as someone confrontacional or a "rompebolas".

You carry 22 years as the coach, ¿how evaluates its career?

I have had a lot of luck. I have earned no Grand Slam neither no Super one Nine, but I have obtained many things.

And so much time travelling tires you?

Yes, but I cannot be unjust, because gives me so many happinesses, me full of the adrenaline that strange al not to play. It will be difficult to leave it.

But it is something that is evaluating for a nearby future?

I believe that I continue two years more in this.

That is to say, ¿Fernando already would have that to be projected with another person, with another coach?

I do not know, he is that it is something very difficult. In cold, that is my opinion, to cause will be very hard. What I have clear is that I am arming my life in Chile, where i would like to do a program of large sports. And therefore the unique thing that want is that a President leave (of the Republic) with "balls" and that al sport dedicate him time and silver to do of this a world top-level discipline. Cannot be that we be among the 10 better in many aspects and in sports we be among the last. Does not have logic. The Chileans do not be born paralytics, neither stupid. Is not a deformed race. Being stopped screwing. There is not results because themselves they are not worrying, nothing more.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:30 PM   #186
country flag RogiFan88

Quote:
Originally Posted by enqvistfan
I posted a video to listen to it this year during RG. I think you can find it in the Roland-Garros thread.
Which RG thread? Here in Fena's forum?

NicoFan, can you pls post a link to Horacio's original interview? Gracias!!

Old 12-19-2005, 04:43 PM   #187
country flag NicoFan

Here it is - and there's pictures too.

http://www.latercera.cl/medio/articu...730331,00.html
Old 12-19-2005, 07:07 PM   #188
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Which RG thread? Here in Fena's forum?
No, in Feña's forum, in the RG part. I found the link I gave :

http://www.thomasenqvist.com/gonzo.htm

The second video is the song. And, you may hear some French voices (in the last video), it's us

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:24 PM   #189
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's right ... It's our football song

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:29 PM   #190
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie
It's right ... It's our football song
I love it!

And I love sitting with the Chilean fans, and waving the flag - though Nico signed my flag in 2004 so this past summer, I didn't have a flag to wave. I have to get another one.

I also would like one of the CHILE futbol shirts. There was a Chilean woman at the Pilot Pen that had on the nicest shirt - and it was a women's shirt not a guy's shirt. Do you know any sports stores in Chile that sell things like that online?
Old 12-19-2005, 10:32 PM   #191
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I also would like one of the CHILE futbol shirts. There was a Chilean woman at the Pilot Pen that had on the nicest shirt - and it was a women's shirt not a guy's shirt. Do you know any sports stores in Chile that sell things like that online?
The futbol shirts is very nice now ... I don't know we have a store who sell things online but I'll post info if I find one

Old 12-19-2005, 11:08 PM   #192
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
The futbol shirts is very nice now ... I don't know we have a store who sell things online but I'll post info if I find one
Gracias Fergie.

Of course, all these things are adding up - I need a CHILE futbol shirt, and I really want the Chilenos de Oro book. So if I can't get them online, then I need to FLY to CHILE and get them! Preferably during DC and Vina!
Old 12-19-2005, 11:11 PM   #193
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Quote:
Of course, all these things are adding up - I need a CHILE futbol shirt, and I really want the Chilenos de Oro book. So if I can't get them online, then I need to FLY to CHILE and get them! Preferably during DC and Vina!
The best time to travel!

If I don't find a store I can send you the things that you want!

Old 12-20-2005, 12:25 AM   #194
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
The best time to travel!

If I don't find a store I can send you the things that you want!
You're so nice, thank you!

But now you're going to get about 20 requests from everyone on the board!
Old 12-20-2005, 07:13 AM   #195
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I just read an article from www.lun.com
here's the link http://www.lun.com/Modulos/Catalogo/...PR23LU2012.HTM - I couldn't attach the article here don't know what's wrong with this computer -

Basically it says that today morning it's the ceremony (11 am) for the awards given by sport journalists and in the category "Best of the Best" Nicole Perrot and Fernando are the big favorties to win this award -remember that I mentioned this some days ago ?? http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=147

I think he really deserves this award! he had an amazing year, won three titles, played great the whole year! and finished the year 11th in the world!

Let's hope Fernando will win it! and let's also hope that he'll be at the ceremony cause if I remember well last year when he won this award with Nico Massu he couldn't go and his mom when (edit - when for went lol! I don't know why I wrote when ) in his place.

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt

Last edited by GonzoFan : 12-20-2005 at 05:51 PM.
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote