Gonzo Articles and News - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-04-2005, 09:31 PM   #151
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gonzo Articles and News

Fernando Got the "Rock&Pop FM" best sport man of the year Award

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2005, 10:19 PM   #152
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Lt*Alonso*Cl>

At least one deserved winner

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 11:54 PM   #153
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Now that's an interesting award -- Rock & Pop FM??

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:54 AM   #154
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I didn't know that ...

CONGRATS GONZO!!!!

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:00 AM   #155
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Here are some parts of the press conference of Gonzo after his match with Nalby

About the ATP of Buenos Aires: "I am not going to be present in the ATP of Buenos Aires. I am going to begin the year in Auckland, Australia, Viña del Mar, Davis Cup and the week of the tournament in Buenos Aires I'm going to rest, because I will play many tournaments in a row and then I'm going to the United States to play in hardcourts, Memphis, Las Vegas and the Masters Series (Indian Wells and Miami)"

About 2006: "The year is long, it is not necessary to fall in desperation when good moments do not come and the important thing also is to dose the calendar well to stay healthy and to be able to play much more time"
He also said that his goal is to reach the top ten and go to the Masters but not as an alternate "I know it's hard but I'm working a lot to achieve my goals"

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt

Last edited by GonzoFan : 12-08-2005 at 03:05 AM.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:06 PM   #156
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

While this isn't about Fernando, I think it really affects him. Horacio already coaches enough players. Don't mean to criticize Horacio because I really like him, but really enough. Plus he has his school. I really want Fernando to get most of his attention.

Does anyone know if he still has that Argentine doubles team (Etlis-Rodriguez)?

From latercera.cl:

All finalized in good terms. And Leonardo Zuleta found that was the best for its now former one pupilo. "What happens is that Adrián is a business that was handled between ranks of ranking of the 500 and the 100. To be able to travel and to settle his career in that status, he needed to work in team. And as Hermes Gamonal no longer will travel more and Phillip Harboe recently he is returning, he was not profitable to continue with our project", he explains the own one "Nano" about the removal of Adrián Garcia of his "corral". And what did the of Concepción? He opted for calling to Horacio de la Pena and to be join with his working party, of such form of seeking another alternative that permit him reposicionarse in the Tour.

Garcia united from Monday al team that compose Fernando González and Paul Capdeville, with whom was this year fighting for being the third national racquet. The second only surpasses it today by a place in the classification (148º against 149º), for which both can travel next to the same tournaments. The idea is that in the measure that play not the same championships of Gonzalez, they are accompanied for another person that assess them.

Nevertheless, de la Pena expects that soon all they can travel together. "What is important will be to obtain that as much Adrián and Paul plunge points so that rise in the ranking and we can go to the same tournaments. That it is the goal that we have proposed us, because the two already have been very near becoming among the 100 better", explains the coach Argentine.

Three of four

By these days all the group carries out the pre-season in Santiago. Garcia, who did not have a good one 2005, at the age of 27 new search air that permit him to go in search again of the group of the 100 better than the world. And de la Pena thinks that still is to time, although improving some things. "Always I have said that Adrián is a player very talentoso, but that physically he lacks him a lot. We will work that aspect and also another to try to comply the goals that we have proposed ourselves", he explains the Argentine coach.

From this week, de la Pena he will collaborate with three of the four better racquets of the country, a honor for the "Pulga". "He is very important for me. He is something that prides me a lot and that I take it as a great challenge", comments the Argentine.

Last edited by NicoFan : 12-14-2005 at 12:50 PM.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:54 PM   #157
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I read that yesterday. I wonder if he'll have enough time to work with Fernando. Most of the players who are in the top 15, have their own coach. We'll see...

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 05:44 PM   #158
country flag GonzoFan

I don't think it's nothing to worry about ... Horacio always says that his priority is Fernando and he only will coach Paul and Adrian when they'll have the chance to play at a same tournament as Gonzo and when they are in Chile and the other time of the year I think Horacio will help the other two players by emails or phone just like he did it this year with Paul

I think this is great! Horacio is a great coach and I'm sure he'll do a great job with Adrian and most of all with Paul

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt

Last edited by GonzoFan : 12-14-2005 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:53 PM   #159
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoFan
I think this is great! Horacio is a great coach and I'm sure he'll do a great job with Adrian and most of all with Paul
I agree ... Is good for the boys and Horacio only coach them when has time

Old 12-18-2005, 04:45 AM   #160
country flag GonzoFan

Yesterday Gonzo went to "Fundación Las Rosas" -a place where the old men and old women homeless and there's people that take care of them- and he took breakfast with them and was with them all the morning
Everyday Gonzo shows us the GREAT person he is!

here are some caps I took with my camera from the tv (sorry for the poor quality )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fotitos 007.jpg (91.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg fotitos 012.jpg (73.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg fotitos 014.jpg (84.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg fotitos 016.jpg (82.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg fotitos 018.jpg (103.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg fotitos 019.jpg (77.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg fotitos 021.jpg (79.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg fotitos 032.jpg (103.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg fotitos 036.jpg (109.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg fotitos 037.jpg (111.9 KB, 10 views)

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt

Last edited by GonzoFan : 12-20-2005 at 06:05 AM.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:50 AM   #161
country flag GonzoFan

He also talked about his pre-season and said that he was so tired but very motivated for next year
And it seems that he'll be in Viña for the next days

more caps ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fotitos 038.jpg (104.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg fotitos 039.jpg (104.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg fotitos 040.jpg (105.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg fotitos 041.jpg (106.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg fotitos 042.jpg (85.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg fotitos 043.jpg (107.6 KB, 10 views)

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt
Old 12-18-2005, 09:04 AM   #162
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot GonzoFan I should try to take pics with my camera on tv !!
Fernando shows that he's a man with a great heart

Off topic : yesterday evening, we got on a popular tv show, LLodra and Santoro. Noah was two weeks ago, the godfather of the French Telethon, another man with a great heart.

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 09:09 AM   #163
country flag olimpo

olimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond repute

¡Gracias!

I've heard that Fernando was going to have breakfast at the "Fundacion Las Rosas" yesterday and hoping to find something in the newspapers about it today, but so far there seems to be nothing online

So thank you so much GonzoFan for letting us know what he said and for taking the screen captures for us poor Feñaticos living outside of Chile - much appreciated
olimpo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 10:00 AM   #164
country flag olimpo

olimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an article with picture from LUN:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LUN181205.jpg (130.0 KB, 21 views)
olimpo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 10:41 AM   #165
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Thanks for the pics and article ... Feña is such a great person