Eliminate the Permaban - Jelena - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 07:23 AM   #16
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eliminate the Permaban - Jelena

I Dont find it the same bc in here u get a few chances, in life u rarely get another chance.
all the per-bans were ban a few times b4, it didnt help.

i must say im more close to George, if things that were said in here would have been said in the israeli forum or another forum who im not active just reading those ppl would have got a per ban long time ago.

I honestly do not understand what the problem with: Do not attack others, not to insult others based on religion or gender or blame players in doping?
I dont think mug or clown are Insults and i know things can be said in the heat of the momemt but after the "post reply' u have time to edit ur words, i think some ppl think they are knights in a Battle between the played and thats a shame bc this is just a tennis forum...
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #17
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
bc i have no idea how Someone could use that as a metaphor
Because they like being dramatic?

It's not even close to being a death penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher
if users make such threads and remember the lost users like they were "dead", than this metaphor is allowed, Bulldog and Amber.
I'm not against using that metaphor as such but it's just not correct to me.

Example for why I think "death" is wrong to use as a metaphor for being permabanned on one forum on the worldwide web :
My twin sister died a long time ago. As much as I would love to get into contact with her, I can't. She stopped existing.
If I want to talk to Mikey, there would be ways to contact him (he's active on msn for starters).

Comparing a permaban on one forum with death is ludicrous.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #18
country flag Nikki♥

Nikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Jelena's proposal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Bičuj me mamita!
Nikki♥ is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #19
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Within the closed system of the forum itself, a permanent ban is metaphorically akin to "death" within that system. Obviously, once one goes outside that system it is not "death", but it is still very limiting.

The advantage of remaining inside the closed system is that the group in that system can all interact, including individuals that provide a challenge in viewpoint. Once an individual is placed outside the system, collective interaction is usually very limited, since interaction in multiple places is not practical nor worth it for the sake of the one individual who was proverbially given the axe.

At the risk of being repetitive, in the more extreme or serious offenses the permanent solution may be merited, but I personally don't happen to think the permanent solution is appropriate or necessary for lesser offenses, even if there are many of them. Lesser penalties can suffice and give one the opportunity to cool off and improve their behavior. If there is no improvement, then each time they get penalized, which temporarily removes them from the system.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Last edited by masterclass : 04-03-2013 at 11:51 AM.
masterclass is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #20
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post
Allowing some of the previous permabanned users to return is easy.

If permabans will not be given anymore for some of the reasons such as exceeding a total of non-serious/extreme offenses, or an offense that caused one to go over some maximum limit (15), then allow any of the users that were permabanned for those reasons to post again.

Users that were banned for serious offenses which shall continue to have a permaban, shall stay banned.

If permabans are completely done away with, then they should all be allowed to post again if due to their absence, they've served the maximum time for the offense.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Agree.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #21
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with getting rid of the permaban in general, not just Jelena's proposal.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Bĺstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #22
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
I agree with getting rid of the permaban in general, not just Jelena's proposal.
I totally disagree and I think if ppl will know they will never be per ban why will keep doing whatever they doing and it will be a very ugly place to be.

If someone doesn't know how to act and what not to say yes they should be ban and forever, it's not like they don't have a few chances.
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #23
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

No more permbanning

If permbaning gets eliminated, is that mean that permban members should be able to return ? ( that would be only logical decision imo )
Old 04-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #24
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
If permbaning gets eliminated, is that mean that permban members should be able to return ? ( that would be only logical decision imo )
God no, getting rid of them needed years
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #25
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
here I support Samo. It is the only logical decision when you eliminate the permaban to also allow those posters again posting. Maybe not immediately, but when their bans according to the new system are over.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #26
country flag Clashcityrocker

Clashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond repute

no permabans
Richard Krajicek Fernando Gonzalez Stefan Edberg John McEnroe Kent Carlsson Miloslav Mecir Patrick Rafter Yannick Noah Gustavo Kuerten Pete Sampras Mark Koevermans Joachim Johansson Jacco Eltingh Jan Siemerink Goran Ivanisevic Pat Cash Henri Leconte Agustin Calleri Tim Mayotte Nicolas Escude Hicham Arazi Paul Haarhuis Tim Henman Michael Stich Marcelo Rios Max Mirnyi Gaston Gaudio Sjeng Schalken Alberto Mancini Mariano Zabaleta Jose Acasuso Andres Gomez Taylor Dent Mats Wilander Guillermo Perez Roldan David Nalbandian Petr Korda Rod Laver Bjorn Borg Guillermo Vilas
Clashcityrocker is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #27
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

just bring Ivan (the gambler) back

he was banned only because scoobs relates every post with sexual content to homophobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #28
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Eliminate permaban and also allow doping discussion and all will be well

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is online now View My Blog!  
Old 04-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #29
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
here I support Samo. It is the only logical decision when you eliminate the permaban to also allow those posters again posting. Maybe not immediately, but when their bans according to the new system are over.
Agreed.

All permabanned members should be brought back, if they have served the time.

If they are destined to be banned again, trust me, it won't take long. But permaban is too much, it is not fair.

However, why are:

Moderator Bashing
Editing a mod's changes
Posting for banned member
Inappropriate language
Forum Disruptions
Baiting
Trolling

all bannable offenses? They are all very objective as to what is or is not. If a poster is banned, hopefully this period of moderator-user feedback is continuous, so we always have a way of finding out what happened and trying to right an injustice if necessary, and not closed soon and then we go back to "The Sopranos" style.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #30
country flag Clashcityrocker

Clashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djokovicgonzalez View Post
Eliminate permaban and also allow doping discussion and all will be well

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
good point !
Richard Krajicek Fernando Gonzalez Stefan Edberg John McEnroe Kent Carlsson Miloslav Mecir Patrick Rafter Yannick Noah Gustavo Kuerten Pete Sampras Mark Koevermans Joachim Johansson Jacco Eltingh Jan Siemerink Goran Ivanisevic Pat Cash Henri Leconte Agustin Calleri Tim Mayotte Nicolas Escude Hicham Arazi Paul Haarhuis Tim Henman Michael Stich Marcelo Rios Max Mirnyi Gaston Gaudio Sjeng Schalken Alberto Mancini Mariano Zabaleta Jose Acasuso Andres Gomez Taylor Dent Mats Wilander Guillermo Perez Roldan David Nalbandian Petr Korda Rod Laver Bjorn Borg Guillermo Vilas
Clashcityrocker is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread