A New Ban System - Proposal - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 03:11 AM   #1
country flag Mong Mong

Mong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb A New Ban System - Proposal

I hope I've been here long enough that I can share my ideas to make this place better
I hope I don't offend any moderators or Andreas and Snowwy with this proposal.

(Especially Snowwy, since I feel that I have annoyed him/her way too much with my PMs. . I sincerely apologize.)

But here it is:

Basically, this new structure will be a lot more flexible, and easier for Moderators and Administrators to manage.

On top of that, it will hopefully be a lot more fair for the punished members because it will give them the opportunity to clean up their acts, and at the same time will be tougher, because it will constantly ban the most terrible members.

This will give the banned members a lot more chances to come back - which is backhanded, because it will give the moderators an easier time to ban them over and over again.

New Warning System

Yellow Cards:
Quote:
Should now be a Reminder or a Pre-Warning.
Will not be worth anything, but it should indicate that a particular member should be more considerate of the rules in this board.
Red Cards (Infractions):
Quote:
Should now be accumulated to 10.
A member will be banned when they collect 10 Red Cards (Infractions).

Everytime a user collects 10 Red Cards, they will be banned for 30 days.

Each infraction is worth how much offense it carries:

Quote:
For a light offense - 1 Red Card, expire in 1 month
For a moderate offense - 2 Red Cards, expire in 2 months
For a heavy offense - 3 or more Red Cards, expire in 3 months or more.

Why is this fair?
Quote:
Because this will avoid 90% of Permanent Bans cases. This is fair for both terms because if a member breaks a lot of rules, he will accumulate 10 very fast and will be on a ban for 30 days. He comes back after his 30-day ban, he decides to break more rules, and that will definitely accumulate him another 10 points for another 30-day ban. And so on. This is much easier to manage because the most terrible members will be constantly banned, but at the same time will give them chances to come back to this board and hopefully they'll clean up their acts.

The only way a member will be Permanently banned if all the moderators and administrators agree that they need to be.

Basically, everyone gets a fair treatment.
Why is this flexible?
Quote:
Because as I mentioned, it's a standard for all platforms, and a standard all across the MTF board. I reviewed the new ban lengths and I thought that it is way too complicated, especially for each type of category there is a sub category. Like a different expiry date for each red card, and on top of that, it will be another different expiry date for the next red card of the same category.
With this new system, it will be a one easy formula to dispense members who are breaking all the rules. And at the same time, it will be more lenient as it will take 10 infractions for a 30 day ban.

Quote:
Instead of different ban lengths, why can't we keep it a whole 30-day ban whenever a member reaches 10 infraction points?
So here it is. I hope I can share my ideas to this board. Have a good night!

WTA Royalties
Queen Maria Sharapova 1-2-1-1-S-32 | Princess Petra Kvitova 2- 12
Mong Mong is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2013, 03:39 AM   #2
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A New Ban System - Proposal

Your intentions are good, but think about it... Users (most of the time) get perma'd after 15 infractions. With your idea they'd get 30 days for every 10 infractions, so imagine how much easier that'd make it on trolls. So in the amount of infractions it'd take to get permabanned twice at the time being, with your system they'd get 90 days.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but three

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-28-2013, 05:03 AM   #3
country flag Mong Mong

Mong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Your intentions are good, but think about it... Users (most of the time) get perma'd after 15 infractions. With your idea they'd get 30 days for every 10 infractions, so imagine how much easier that'd make it on trolls. So in the amount of infractions it'd take to get permabanned twice at the time being, with your system they'd get 90 days.
That's kind of my intention too. There's people who want to abolish Permanent Banishment, so I think this is a good compromise. 90 days total is lengthy enough too I've been banned 3-4 months at one time on other forums, and it wasn't fun.

WTA Royalties
Old 06-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #4
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
I agree with this. A great deal of work went into codifying the infractions and ban lengths and removing anomalies. The system is already more lenient with an initial one year ban before the permaban, and there is also a designated appeal process which appears to be working quite well.
Nothing is perfect, and there is always room for minor amendments, but I don't believe radical change is required. Thanks anyway for your effort.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
country flag Mong Mong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
I agree with this. A great deal of work went into codifying the infractions and ban lengths and removing anomalies. The system is already more lenient with an initial one year ban before the permaban, and there is also a designated appeal process which appears to be working quite well.
Nothing is perfect, and there is always room for minor amendments, but I don't believe radical change is required. Thanks anyway for your effort.
Thank you so much for your feedback. I agree with Snowwy and Andreas putting so much effort into our current system, which was why I was so hesitant to give my insight, just because it might offend them with the efforts they have put.

WTA Royalties
Closed Thread