Objectivity and Consistency - Jelana - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #1
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Objectivity and Consistency - Jelana

Posted by Jelena

There has to be objectivity and consistency at bannings. In a pm I sent Javi a link to a very old thread where I was personally attacked and literally nothing happened afterwards with the poster that attacked me. I won't post a link to that thread here again, if you want to have it to be able to discuss about it, ask him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #2
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Objectivity and Consistency - Jelana

Originally posted by The Bulldog

Last, but not least, is consistency. I would like to see a set of rules drafted, that are going to be strictly enforced all*of the time. That is the only way to guarantee consistency. If the moderators are allowed to apply the rules arbitrarily (to a certain extent), how on earth are we going to achieve consistency? I'm not suggesting that the current problems are the moderators' fault, it's more that there is a slight gap between the rules and the application of them. It needs to be plugged.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

Was talking with Jelena about this earlier. Fair suggestion.

Sometimes posts are punished while posts with the same or heavier material stays unpunished.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Bĺstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Consistency is really needed. When something isn't allowed but neither always punished, some posters keep on breaking that rule until thei get banned. If there's a rule, be also consistent with it.

Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Australian Open 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic-Murray dominance in Slams
Monte Carlo 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic dominance in Masters
August is online now View My Blog!  
Old 04-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #5
Snowwy

Thank you for the suggestion. Moderators already have systems in place to help with objectivity.

1) All moderators can see any reported post and the outcome.
2) All moderators can see infractions and administrators and super moderators check out most infractions to see what is happening around the board.
3) Major discussions are discussed by administrators and super moderators. Often the discussions will continue into the moderator team.

We are also setting up a thread for questions from MTF users. The thread can be found here:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...8#post14816818
Closed Thread