Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which type of player would you rather watch?

Servebots or Pushers? which type of player is more tolerable

10K views 135 replies 71 participants last post by  Beesley 
#1 ·
If you were forced to pick 1 of these 2 matches to watch would it be:

Karlovic vs Isner in Halle
or
Monfils vs Simon in Monte Carlo

Would any of you watch them willingly?

#2 ·
Pushers probably, at least guaranteed a few good rallies and some interesting tactics during some points. Servebots without any groundgame are tedious to watch

Reactions: Mateya
#21 ·
1. Novak Djokovic: Obviously a push. There's really know arguing with that.
3. Roger Federer: He's become a servebot late in his career.
4. David Ferrer: Another first class pusher.
5. Rafael Nadal: Obviously a push. Just ask Verdasco.
6. Tomas Berdych: Servebot.
7. Juan Martin Del Potro: Servebot ANDa push. Just look at his backhand.
8. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga: Servebot.
9. Janko Tipsarevic: Servebot. I don't need to explain myself.
10. Richard Gasquet: Push.

Proof that Murray is the only player who's not a push or servebot.

#24 ·
Unfortunatley the trend in tennis seems as if taller guys will take over over the next 10-15 years.

#25 ·
What makes you think that? Approximately 90% of the top 100 is 6'3 or under. The player with the most promising future, Dimitrov, is 6'2. Do some research before making a comment like that. Big men will never take over tennis.

#27 ·
Neither, really.

Why must it be so dramatic? Why Isner-Karlovic or Simon-Monfils?

Why not Gasquet-Haas?

If the courts are more diversified, there will be less pushing and more net play.

#37 ·
Servebots easily. "Pushers" are the epitome of time wasting, inefficiency and general nausea.

#38 ·
servebots actually. I get the "atleast you would have alot of rallies argument", but both kinds of matches are boring, and the pushers' match lasts longer, which means more mental pain :lol: Also, I like how with servebots a break of serve at least means something

#40 ·
Monfils vs Simon in Monte Carlo all the way, and its happening in 2 weeks man :banana: let's push forward :banana:
they are frenchmen after all :lol:

#41 ·
Between Servebots ... cause i don't know who is gonna win between Isner and Anderson.
But i know who's gonna win between Simon and Monfils.

#42 ·
Any match where both players represent those "extreme" styles is usually boring. But 2 pushers can become interesting if one is clearly worse in pushing than the other, and will play much more aggressively then normally. For example, Ferrer and Nadal (arguably good examples of pushers) are decent to watch when Ferrer pretty much always attacks, with Nadal defending and counter-punching.

#45 ·
Pushers can play tennis, Servbots can't.
That explains everything.

#47 ·
Except that it doesn't.

By most accounts, the serve is the most important shot in tennis. It starts every point in tennis. Practically speaking, groundstrokes are substitutional.

Quite the controversial assertion to say the least.

Pushers...Servebots are mindless.
Exactly how much thought do you think goes into the grand strategy of simply "getting the ball back"?

#48 ·
Servebots are just pushers with appalling movement most of the time.

#49 ·
Servebots, because at least the match can end faster.

#61 ·
Isn't it like April fools here everyday.

Reactions: Nixer
#58 ·
Highly depends who they're playing against.
Servebots are insufferable against other servebots (raonic vs karlovic)
Pushers are insufferable against other pushers (nadal against djokovic)
But against an interesting player, servebots or pushers can offer entertaining matches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.