Nole Chat Part 4 - THE EXAM THREAD!!! nerds inside, some survivors too. - Page 234 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 02:54 AM   #3496
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nole Chat Part 4 - THE EXAM THREAD!!! survivors and nerds inside

I filled out a WTA bracket on tennis channel's site and it turned out so boring I don't pay close attention to the WTA but without even meaning to I ended up with the top 4 seeds in the SFs and when I was going through I felt like I was picking upsets I guess not

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2013, 04:32 AM   #3497
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
I don't really know how to cook though, at all. I just follow the instructions and hope that it's okay.
Oh well. Everyone makes mistakes in cooking. I've made plenty. I've forgotten salt, sugar, flour -- you name it. I was lucky to have a patient someone standing beside me when I was a child to help me learn about cooking and baking. It gave me confidence, but most people learn from mistakes. Reading about cooking helps a lot too. There's actually some science to it. Especially baking.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #3498
country flag Katkexxx

Katkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't really know how to cook though, at all. I just follow the instructions and hope that it's okay.
well that's fine, you can't just magically know everything the more you will be "forced" to cook, the better you will get. I just got so sick of eating leftovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
I filled out a WTA bracket on tennis channel's site and it turned out so boring I don't pay close attention to the WTA but without even meaning to I ended up with the top 4 seeds in the SFs and when I was going through I felt like I was picking upsets I guess not
I think that hasn't happened at RG in a very long time I think 2 top 4 seeds will be out before the SF. Radwanska has never been to QFs there and she has a shoulder injury I hate how unbalanced both draws are Ana actually has the best in a long time chance for SFs with all slumping/injured/random players in her quarter, but I'm afraid she'll find a way to lose to Martic, so thinking of her defeating Aga is such a jinx
Katkexxx is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #3499
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I made a rookie error. When I was boiling water ready to cook pasta, I didn't let it get hot enough, so when I put the pasta in for the guideline amount of time and then drained it, it was a rather disgusting texture.
As you cook more, you'll find Pasta one of the easiest things to cook. Even so, there's lots of great recipes for Pasta, for example Tuna and Pesto, Tuna and Mayo, Pasta Bake, Bacon and a creamy sauce etc.

Like Lee said, don't follow the guidelines, just keep checking the tenderness, or whatever the term is of the pasta by testing a few pieces every few moments till satisfied .
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-25-2013, 10:00 AM   #3500
country flag Katkexxx

Katkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond repute

This song goes so well with the thread's title https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZUFeEadP68&sns=fb
Katkexxx is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #3501
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Oh well. Everyone makes mistakes in cooking. I've made plenty. I've forgotten salt, sugar, flour -- you name it. I was lucky to have a patient someone standing beside me when I was a child to help me learn about cooking and baking. It gave me confidence, but most people learn from mistakes. Reading about cooking helps a lot too. There's actually some science to it. Especially baking.
Agreed. I love baking and do it quite often, but that is with my mother's supervision, which is obviously reassuring. I'm not sure I could do it on my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katkexxx View Post
well that's fine, you can't just magically know everything the more you will be "forced" to cook, the better you will get. I just got so sick of eating leftovers
Indeed, hopefully I'll improve with more practice. Also, it's not so much leftovers, but instant meals. Last time I was home alone, I didn't cook, I relied on instance meals from the shop, which aren't very nice. Even my bad cooking tastes better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
As you cook more, you'll find Pasta one of the easiest things to cook. Even so, there's lots of great recipes for Pasta, for example Tuna and Pesto, Tuna and Mayo, Pasta Bake, Bacon and a creamy sauce etc.

Like Lee said, don't follow the guidelines, just keep checking the tenderness, or whatever the term is of the pasta by testing a few pieces every few moments till satisfied .
You sound like you're an expert.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #3502
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
The more tricks that help me stay away from those things, the better
Just pm me anytime you feel in need. One month is a nice step on your journey to freedom.

Quote:
Agreed. I love baking and do it quite often, but that is with my mother's supervision, which is obviously reassuring. I'm not sure I could do it on my own.

Once you've learned the basic techniques such as creaming, folding, cutting, etc, baking is pretty easy if you follow a recipe. It's just practice. Having someone follow you around and cleaning up, doing the dishes, etc. is really nice though, I wouldn't mind a kitchen helper.

I find baking very satisfying, There's something about the precision that appeals to me. I remember as a child laboring to produce an absolutely perfect loaf of bread with the perfect crust, the perfect grain. It's not so easy with a child's arms to knead the bread enough to get the grain very fine. Even so, I loved kneading until the dough took on a silky sheen that let me know it was ready,

And as you say, making things yourself is normally better. Unless you really mess up! Which I've done many times.

Oh Lee! I see that Arpaio plans to appeal. Of course. He's always convinced he's doing the right thing. Just the sort of man you don't want in power but the public just adores all of his silly grandstanding.

Last edited by star : 05-25-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #3503
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh Lee! I see that Arpaio plans to appeal. Of course. He's always convinced he's doing the right thing. Just the sort of man you don't want in power but the public just adores all of his silly grandstanding.
This guy seriously gives me headache. None of the policy chiefs in the valley like him. His supporters keep ignoring the facts that he misused the fund provided. He transferred deputies from investigating sexual assault cases to immigration sweep and had proved that many sexually assaulted victims were ignored, especially the non-white. County auditor found he had deputies supposed to be on county jail payroll but again, worked on immigration sweep.

And the worst is, ICE ended up freeing most of those illegal immigrants because they don't have the space to hold them or the money to send them back. Most of those IMs he picked up are law-abiding (if you ignore their immigration status) but the way he flooded ICE with these people, ended up ICE is so overwhelmed that they let out illegal immigrants who had criminal record.

Whenever there were wrong doings found in his department, he would not show his face and answered questions. And ended up his deputies were blamed for everything. When you have staff made mistakes after mistakes, a good leader would take the blame but not for Mr. Arpaio.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #3504
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

I seldom dreamed about tennis but last night, I had a dream that star won't like Nole beat Rafa in RG SF while the other SF has 2 nobodies
Old 05-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #3505
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just pm me anytime you feel in need. One month is a nice step on your journey to freedom.
Thank you

That sounds like a good dream, Lee

And the less said about my cooking skills, the better
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #3506
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I seldom dreamed about tennis but last night, I had a dream that star won't like Nole beat Rafa in RG SF while the other SF has 2 nobodies
No no. I'm all for everyone having good dreams.

Do you know that I once dreamed that I was Fed's girlfriend? Of course I was age appropriate in the dream. I was his secret gf and mirka was just a pretend gf, in the dream I was at some tournament, but super bored and went out for long drives, These drives took up a great part of the dream, so anyway, I was feeling guilty for being such a bad gf. Fed was very nice to me, but you know -- boringl. I dropped by the practice court that was apparently private and Fed was happy to see me, he had a present for me there in a fairly large box with a ribbon and a bow, I thanked him and left him there at the practice court and went into the house or condo or something near by. Mirka and another woman were there and I set the box down and started talking to them. We were having a good time, and then I woke up.

When I told this dream to a friend who is a fed fan, she said, "I wonder what was in the box!" That made me laugh so hard. All the strange things in the dream and she just wanted to know about the present!
Old 05-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #3507
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

star, you are a closet Fedtard!

The weird thing about my dream was, it came out of nowhere. It was like watching the 15 seconds sports update on TV. And that's exactly how long the dream was.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #3508
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

ESPN "experts" picks. Makes me nervous because the best ones -- Cahill and Drysdale pick Djoko.

http://espn.go.com/sports/tennis/picks/_/tournament/13

Also Federer doesn't appear in any category.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #3509
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

And PusedoFed's response on twitter

Quote:
Excusez-Moi ESPN. I have looked through your picks and none of the photos look like Me
Old 05-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #3510
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

I am nervous that Cahill and Cliffy picked Nole
Closed Thread