Nole Chat Part 4 - THE EXAM THREAD!!! nerds inside, some survivors too. - Page 21 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #301
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Titiless Nole Chat Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
So true. There´s something oddly soothing about applying brute force to poor defenseless objects. BTW, for my generation those disks are very much a part of childhood/the early teens. Feels kinda weird to see them go.
My childhood/early teens days had no computer
Lee is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 11:50 PM   #302
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Not even this one?
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-02-2013, 11:53 PM   #303
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

I still have zip disks floating around. All my college magazine layout type work is on them

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #304
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

I watched him beat the hell out of Rafa and then Roger in Montreal 2007 and maked my family very upset. Have loved him since that day. True love story.

Of course it worked because of his personality. I knew nothing about tennis until Montreal 2007. Learned the score system will watching him beat Rafa. and it was such a huge upset that it got my attention. It could have easily ended quickly because he lost in R1 in Cincinnati the week after. But for some reason I remained interested. Then he made it to the final of the USO and lost that way by this time I had already started hating Roger, so that was one more motivation because Nole was the new found threat.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #305
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Not even this one?
Too expensive for personal use. This looks more like the terminals I used when I started working as a programmer. Or the terminals I used in college, which at that time in Hong Kong, the only one with interactive terminals. The other colleges, students had to hand print in capital letters on the forms, submit the forms to computer center for data entry to input/run any programs.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #306
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I watched him beat the hell out of Rafa and then Roger in Montreal 2007 and maked my family very upset. Have loved him since that day. True love story.

Of course it worked because of his personality. I knew nothing about tennis until Montreal 2007. Learned the score system will watching him beat Rafa. and it was such a huge upset that it got my attention. It could have easily ended quickly because he lost in R1 in Cincinnati the week after. But for some reason I remained interested. Then he made it to the final of the USO and lost that way by this time I had already started hating Roger, so that was one more motivation because Nole was the new found threat.
Great story. Now I understand why you were so sympathetic to that Swedish girl when she said she was just learning about tennis and Nole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Too expensive for personal use. This looks more like the terminals I used when I started working as a programmer. Or the terminals I used in college, which at that time in Hong Kong, the only one with interactive terminals. The other colleges, students had to hand print in capital letters on the forms, submit the forms to computer center for data entry to input/run any programs.
Didn´t know you were a programmer, cool. How long did you work in that field of work?
Old 04-03-2013, 12:09 AM   #307
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I did relate to her a bit.

She gave up on us already?
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-03-2013, 12:14 AM   #308
country flag Trollicki

No, I guess she´s just going to wait until MC. That or Pedro came on too strong and chased her away
Old 04-03-2013, 12:14 AM   #309
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Great story. Now I understand why you were so sympathetic to that Swedish girl when she said she was just learning about tennis and Nole

Didn´t know you were a programmer, cool. How long did you work in that field of work?
After graduated from college and ended when my son was 2 years old to become a full time mother. I was an account manager by that time. The company I worked for was a small software company providing software system. I worked with a number of small size companies using the company software and provided IT services for them as they were too small to have their own IT team. Main customers are wholesale companies with majority in oil field supplies.

So I was an Asian woman working in a field dominated by men in Canada with customers mainly dealing with red necks
Old 04-03-2013, 12:15 AM   #310
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
No, I guess she´s just going to wait until MC. That or Pedro came on too strong and chased her away
It's Pedro's fault
Old 04-03-2013, 12:17 AM   #311
country flag Trollicki

Quote:
After graduated from college and ended when my son was 2 years old to become a full time mother. I was an account manager by that time. The company I worked for was a small software company providing software system. I worked with a number of small size companies using the company software and provided IT services for them as they were too small to have their own IT team. Main customers are wholesale companies with majority in oil field supplies.

So I was an Asian woman working in a field dominated by men in North America with customers mainly dealing with red necks
I hope that wasn´t too much of a culture shock. So you never picked up the job again after Lee jr. turned 2? You do not miss the work?
Old 04-03-2013, 12:25 AM   #312
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
I hope that wasn´t too much of a culture shock. So you never picked up the job again after Lee jr. turned 2? You do not miss the work?
I missed the work but computer technology is a whole new world in 15 years Most of my knowledge is too outdated. I can't even talked shop with hubby these days He is a system architect and his company provides software in retails.

It's not culture shock. It's I needed to work harder and better than my male coworkers and still, lots of my customers would only give me a pat in the head. They (the male bosses) were not rude to me, they were polite to women and tolerate me. They hear my words but were not listening.

Last edited by Lee : 04-03-2013 at 12:31 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:31 AM   #313
country flag Trollicki

Quote:
I missed the work but computer technology is a whole new world in 15 years Most of my knowledge is too outdated. I can't even talked shop with hubby these days He is a system architect and his company provides software in retails.

It's not culture shock. It's I needed to work harder and better than my male counterparts and still, lots of my customers would only give me a pat in the head. They (the male bosses) were not rude to me, they were polite to a woman and tolerate me. They hear my words but not were not listening.
That´s just as bad. I´d like to think that behaviour is a thing of the past but I find that doubtful. You have not considered doing a course or something like that to bring your knowledge up to date?
Old 04-03-2013, 12:33 AM   #314
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
That´s just as bad. I´d like to think that behaviour is a thing of the past but I find that doubtful. You have not considered doing a course or something like that to bring your knowledge up to date?
I have too many baggages these days. And if I really have time, there are many volunteering projects that I can work on.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:36 AM   #315
country flag Trollicki

Alright, sounds like things are going to turn out ok then Alright, I´m off to bed, good night ladies
Closed Thread