Nole Chat Part 4 - THE EXAM THREAD!!! nerds inside, some survivors too. - Page 20 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #286
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Titiless Nole Chat Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
I see you found the FB group

Good luck
Quote:
Yeah, that´s how it went for most of us
I don't know about this group wtf
College basketball sucks.
savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #287
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
The comparison can never be fair. With the internet, smart phones, social networks.. the access to the sport is much bigger, not to mention that the communication between players and the general public is not possible.

But if conditions were the same, I tend to think that tennis would be less popular now..
Conditions differ of course. But let us disregard that for a moment: what makes you think tennis is less popular now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
I don't know about this group wtf
Who knows, an invitation to this elite group of eminent minds might be coming your way...
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #288
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How did you do it? Did you cut them in half?
First remove that sliding metal protecting the disc, you can easily pull it off after you slide it to expose the disc. Second, use a pair of scissors (the original way I found was using a pair of pliers but I don't have it handy) slide inside and prop open one end than another of the plastic case. Third, slip the disc out from the plastic case. The disc is like thick plastic film and can easily detached from the metal ring in the middle. Finally, put the discs thru the paper shredder. All the other parts have to go to garbage though as my city has no recycle program for the metal and plastic parts.

Quote:
Stop distracting me, I have to study! (Lee, later )

Quote:
I am at it again! Me and my study for an exam with our fight agaisnt time. AjDEee

IDEMO!

I am a bad Catholic these days but still a Catholic so prayers crossing the US Continent and Atlantic Ocean to Portugal
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-02-2013, 11:19 PM   #289
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

From my own experience of course, I don't have solid arguments.

But for example my family, father, uncles, cousins, they used to talk about tennis way more often back in the 2004/2005. Roger had a pretty big influence here, and I think the fact that he doesn't win as much it's influencing
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #290
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

I only have a fresh loaf of French bread and I have no idea what's for dinner. Any suggestion?
Old 04-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #291
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #292
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
First remove that sliding metal protecting the disc, you can easily pull it off after you slide it to expose the disc. Second, use a pair of scissors (the original way I found was using a pair of pliers but I don't have it handy) slide inside and prop open one end than another of the plastic case. Third, slip the disc out from the plastic case. The disc is like thick plastic film and can easily detached from the metal ring in the middle. Finally, put the discs thru the paper shredder. All the other parts have to go to garbage though as my city has no recycle program for the metal and plastic parts.
I didn´t know that, thanks for the info I´d just have applied brute force, shows what I know

Quote:
From my own experience of course, I don't have solid arguments.

But for example my family, father, uncles, cousins, they used to talk about tennis way more often back in the 2004/2005. Roger had a pretty big influence here, and I think the fact that he doesn't win as much it's influencing
Well, Federer and Nadal are simply very marketable players plus they filled a void tennis had at the time. They are the antithesis of one another and it is simple to build a narrative for the casual fan out of those two. Nole came to late and lacked something distinctively his own. But you do realise that as preeminent Portuguese member of the NoleFam it is your sworn duty to recruit more Novak supporters, right?
Old 04-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #293
country flag arm

Quote:
I didn´t know that, thanks for the info I´d just have applied brute force, shows what I know

Well, Federer and Nadal are simply very marketable players plus they filled a void tennis had at the time. They are the antithesis of one another and it is simple to build a narrative for the casual fan out of those two. Nole came to late and lacked something distinctively his own. But you do realise that as preeminent Portuguese member of the NoleFam it is your sworn duty to recruit more Novak supporters, right?
No. If I could choose, I would be the only portuguese Nole fan in this country. Would make me special
Old 04-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #294
country flag Trollicki

Ego out of control much?
Old 04-02-2013, 11:33 PM   #295
country flag arm

Oh no, I have always had this view. From the begining of my relationship with Nole and tennis. Remember, when I started following Nole, 2007, he was pretty much a nobody, so no one would understand why I was such a hard core fan. Then he became popular and fans of Nole started growing like moss, it was no longer special. Not to mention that because of that, people would take me like a gloryhunter and assume I started liking him AFTER he became popular.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:33 PM   #296
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
You are a man. Brute force is the first choice. My hubby's plan was to use his hammer. He was just too busy to do it. The discs were sitting there over a year since we disposed of the zip drive and they are not used for Idon'tknowhowmanyyears.

I was sitting at his desk this morning printing something from the printer there and saw them. So I went on internet to search for ways.

Quote:
Unfortunately, there is neither fresh tomato nor fresh basil at home. And the nearest supermarket is 5 miles away and the grocery there is about double the price to the one that's 8 miles away.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:34 PM   #297
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Okay I feel included now Thank you
College basketball sucks.
savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #298
country flag arm

Old 04-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #299
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Close to what I'm thinking. But scrambled eggs instead of bacon!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #300
country flag Trollicki

Quote:
Oh no, I have always had this view. From the begining of my relationship with Nole and tennis. Remember, when I started following Nole, 2007, he was pretty much a nobody, so no one would understand why I was such a hard core fan. Then he became popular and fans of Nole started growing like moss, it was no longer special. Not to mention that because of that, people would take me like a gloryhunter and assume I started liking him AFTER he became popular.
I don´t think I ever asked you, but how did you discover Nole in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
You are a man. Brute force is the first choice. My hubby's plan was to use his hammer. He was just too busy to do it. The discs were sitting there over a year since we disposed of the zip drive and they are not used for Idon'tknowhowmanyyears.

I was sitting at his desk this morning printing something from the printer there and saw them. So I went on internet to search for ways.
So true. There´s something oddly soothing about applying brute force to poor defenseless objects. BTW, for my generation those disks are very much a part of childhood/the early teens. Feels kinda weird to see them go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
Okay I feel included now Thank you
Closed Thread