Nole Chat Part 4 - THE EXAM THREAD!!! nerds inside, some survivors too. - Page 189 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #2821
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Titiless Nole Chat Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Michel, I have no idea where to start. It's just that my brain is completely blank today.

On nother note, I am totally losing faith in whatever I should have faith in:

http://www.businessinsider.com/shoot...orleans-2013-5
Everyday I go out, I prepare guns popping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katkexxx View Post

Do you speak Chinese at home now, with your son for example?
I speak to my son mostly in English. He understands basic Cantonese (my native dialect of Chinese) But hubby and I speak in Cantonese. It's second nature to me so that I don't even recognise which language I'm using, But after living in North America so many years, I am pretty bad in writing Chinese and while I visit HK, I found a few times that I could not express myself in Cantonese.

Quote:
I'm thinking I should do something to get banned for a week seriously, I might not follow Rome and stay away from this forum for the next few days desperate times, desperate measures this is just the perfect place for procrastrination
May be like Wing Man Frank, asks the mods to temporary ban you until after
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #2822
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Well, languages in general tend to evolve from complicated to simple if given enough time, so the process itself will probably not be stopped. Still, what I gather from your post is that the attitude towards knowledge is better nowadays than it was in the 60s and 70s, so that gives some hope things will improve. But as far as I know, the Chinese characters are based on compounds of other characters or base figures, right? Simplification might in that sense really turn irreversible if, as you said, people will not be able to discern the meaning of the figures/characters that form the base for these modern ones. Not to mention the fact that few will be able to read the vast amount of literature of pre-20th century China in their original state
Bold part yes.

But Chinese characters have evolved for thousands of years so hopefully this butcherisation may one day be contained.

Here is a picture of various fonts for one Chinese character. 福

So studying ancient Chinese books is not an easy task already

Last edited by Lee : 05-12-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #2823
country flag Katkexxx

Katkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Everyday I go out, I prepare guns popping

I speak to my son mostly in English. He understands basic Cantonese (my native dialect of Chinese) But hubby and I speak in Cantonese. It's second nature to me so that I don't even recognise which language I'm using, But after living in North America so many years, I am pretty bad in writing Chinese and while I visit HK, I found a few times that I could not express myself in Cantonese.

May be like Wing Man Frank, asks the mods to temporary ban you until after
1. It's always interesting which language people choose to speak i bilingual households. My mom used to talk to my dad in Slovene, while he talked to her in Croatian and they each spoke to me in their own language... Confusing at times
Miško, do you all speak Dutch, when you're at home?

2. It's not that bad I hope, though Raquel could take biology instead of mr tomorrow. And maths. And star could do the history oral on thursday. I can handla Slovene and psychology wishful thinking... I actually know a forum where banning for studying is a standard practice
Katkexxx is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #2824
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I will tell you. She dresses up all in black and cries buckets listening to boys sing songs late at night and rides around on a yellow float with a bunch of people drinking too much and sleeps on the beach.

Did I cover it all?

That sounds like fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Bold part yes.

But Chinese characters have evolved for thousands of years so hopefully this butcherisation may one day be contained.

Here is a picture of various fonts for one Chinese character. 福

So studying ancient Chinese books is not an easy task already
Let's hope so And I can imagine how learning all those fonts is a monumental task in and of itself

Quote:
1. It's always interesting which language people choose to speak i bilingual households. My mom used to talk to my dad in Slovene, while he talked to her in Croatian and they each spoke to me in their own language... Confusing at times
Miško, do you all speak Dutch, when you're at home?
Nope, we always speak Serbian when talking with our parents. I speak Serbian with my sisters too, though when speaking with them we occasionally switch to Dutch. I can imagine it is difficult for you to keep track of all the switches at times

And good luck with your exams tomorrow

Last edited by Trollicki : 05-12-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #2825
country flag Katkexxx

Katkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can imagine it is difficult for you to keep track of all the switches at times

And good luck with your exams tomorrow
We don't live together anymore so it's not a problem when I was little, my dad always tried to speak Slovene with me (he just moved here and was trying to adapt) if other people were around, but I always answered in Croatian until he got my point

You're always so enthusiastic about my school stuff Thanks
I feel kind of bad complaining all the time, when I know you all go theough the same things at school/work
Old 05-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #2826
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We don't live together anymore so it's not a problem when I was little, my dad always tried to speak Slovene with me (he just moved here and was trying to adapt) if other people were around, but I always answered in Croatian until he got my point

You're always so enthusiastic about my school stuff Thanks
I feel kind of bad complaining all the time, when I know you all go theough the same things at school/work
Well, it has made you learn another language, so that's a very good thing

No problem. We all know what it is like to have exams and assignments, so of course we are going to be sympathetic. Complaining is necessary from time to time to release some of that stress, so don't apologise for it
Old 05-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #2827
country flag Katkexxx

^ I did not learn it. To me it's the same as my mother tongue, I think in both languages. But you probably know how it is

As for complaining, that's all we do at school to each other, to teachers, parents, the director. It's becoming unhealthy
Old 05-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #2828
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #2829
country flag Trollicki

Quote:
^ I did not learn it. To me it's the same as my mother tongue, I think in both languages. But you probably know how it is

As for complaining, that's all we do at school to each other, to teachers, parents, the director. It's becoming unhealthy
U pravu si kad kazes da znam kako je to

No such thing like unhealthy complaining when school is concerned, it's your godgiven right as a student

When do you have your exams tomorrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Hello all
Old 05-12-2013, 10:35 PM   #2830
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Michel you're an Ajax fan right? Any trophy parade for Ajax you will attend?

argument.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #2831
country flag Trollicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Michel you're an Ajax fan right? Any trophy parade for Ajax you will attend?
We already had it last Sunday when we clinched the title, though I only caught the tail end of it after which I decided to just go and see a movie
Old 05-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #2832
country flag Katkexxx

Quote:
U pravu si kad kazes da znam kako je to

No such thing like unhealthy complaining when school is concerned, it's your godgiven right as a student

When do you have your exams tomorrow?

A ja neznam pisat hrvatski, to nisam nikad učila, i uvjek mi je muka pogađat kako se šta piše, tete me stalno zafrkavaju

I only have biology tomorrow, sixth period, which is at 13.25 then I have slo on Monday, maths and history on Thursday and psychology on Friday. That's it for this week
Old 05-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #2833
country flag Trollicki

Quote:
A ja neznam pisat hrvatski, to nisam nikad učila, i uvjek mi je muka pogađat kako se šta piše, tete me stalno zafrkavaju

I only have biology tomorrow, sixth period, which is at 13.25 then I have slo on Monday, maths and history on Thursday and psychology on Friday. That's it for this week
Ma sasvim ti dobro ide, a vjeruj mi kad ti kazem da ni ja nisam nesto bolji

You think you are prepared enough to ace the tests?
Old 05-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #2834
country flag Katkexxx

Pa pisi kao sto govoris je ionako stalna praksa u ovim prostorima

Ace

two out of those five, definitely not bio, 3/30 people ace bio, I only did it twice and that wasn't this year. I need a 4 though and if the questions aren't too tricky that should be doable
Old 05-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #2835
country flag ProdigyEng

Quote:
We already had it last Sunday when we clinched the title, though I only caught the tail end of it after which I decided to just go and see a movie
What movie?

argument.
Closed Thread