Nole Chat Part 4 - THE EXAM THREAD!!! nerds inside, some survivors too. - Page 188 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #2806
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Titiless Nole Chat Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post

Nothing trumps Princess Leilei for Murray
As long as they keep it as a nickname for their favorite player, I have no objection to it.

But it's really sad that the Chinese language died some with the simplified form, now we have ignorant people giving new meaning to words that far from it's original meaning and put it on Wiki (where lots of ignorant people base their knowledge on ) I really have a hard time with it.

A simple example of how the simplified Chinese damage the language:

愛 means love and this is love in the simplified font 爱, 心 means heart is missing in the later. How can you love without your heart?
Lee is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #2807
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

OMG I love the outfit he wore in Rome during practice. Smurf again

Michel, there is a lot I could tell you, but really I don't know where to start. Besides, a lot of things are normal to me, but if I told you, they wouldn't seem normal at all.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #2808
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Raquel dear, Do you know your vmom has a high cholesterol level
Old 05-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #2809
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Raquel dear, Do you know your vmom has a high cholesterol level
I think I already knew that. Or was it recently diagnosed and I am confusing you with my real life mom?

Either way, you know the drill: less fatty foods, walk a lot and see if it goes down. It doesn't? The doctor will prescribe magic pills called statins.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #2810
country flag arm

Old 05-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #2811
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I think I already knew that. Or was it recently diagnosed and I am confusing you with my real life mom?

Either way, you know the drill: less fatty foods, walk a lot and see if it goes down. It doesn't? The doctor will prescribe magic pills called statins.
I was a bit high before but my check up last week, the blood test came back with 220
Old 05-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #2812
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Would saturated fat turns to cholesterol?
Old 05-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #2813
country flag arm

Quote:
I was a bit high before but my check up last week, the blood test came back with 220
220 is not a drama. Mine is generally arund 205...

do you have any other cardiovascular risk factors? And how is the "good" cholesterol HDL? High or low?
Old 05-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #2814
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As long as they keep it as a nickname for their favorite player, I have no objection to it.

But it's really sad that the Chinese language died some with the simplified form, now we have ignorant people giving new meaning to words that far from it's original meaning and put it on Wiki (where lots of ignorant people base their knowledge on ) I really have a hard time with it.

A simple example of how the simplified Chinese damage the language:

愛 means love and this is love in the simplified font 爱, 心 means heart is missing in the later. How can you love without your heart?
Do you think this decline in knowledge of the Chinese characters is something that is irreversible? I can hardly imagine you are the only one that is bothered by this ignorance. And that is a very sad example you gave there

And I forgot to give you a with those cholesterol results.

Quote:
OMG I love the outfit he wore in Rome during practice. Smurf again

Michel, there is a lot I could tell you, but really I don't know where to start. Besides, a lot of things are normal to me, but if I told you, they wouldn't seem normal at all.
You do realise that you have to tell me now? I mean, I'd love hearing about those student traditions (though I think I have a fairly good idea, if the stories of some people I know are to be believed). Besides, I live in Amsterdam, I have seen my fair share of not so normal things
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #2815
country flag arm

Michel, I have no idea where to start. It's just that my brain is completely blank today.

On nother note, I am totally losing faith in whatever I should have faith in:

http://www.businessinsider.com/shoot...orleans-2013-5
Old 05-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #2816
country flag Katkexxx

Katkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nothing vs Nadal or his fans. But these Chinese fans are killing the language when they twisted the meaning of the words to fit Nadal's image into it. It's Ok to make a nickname but creating a Wiki page for the meaning for the words.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=267066

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruya
What did the poster try to achieve by translating that manifesto anyway??? I can't even tell if he's a fan or not... The only outcome is Nadal will be called Ruya for awhile on here (perhaps that's the original goal?)

Quote:
Is it bad that I just can't look away from that avatar? It's so...silly
I'm not sure what I see is right, who is on that photo?

Quote:

Do you speak Chinese at home now, with your son for example?

I'm thinking I should do something to get banned for a week seriously, I might not follow Rome and stay away from this forum for the next few days desperate times, desperate measures this is just the perfect place for procrastrination
Katkexxx is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #2817
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
220 is not a drama. Mine is generally arund 205...

do you have any other cardiovascular risk factors? And how is the "good" cholesterol HDL? High or low?
Yours is generic while mine is not I don't have other risk factor and I will find out when I see my doctor next week about my HDL.

Quote:
Do you think this decline in knowledge of the Chinese characters is something that is irreversible? I can hardly imagine you are the only one that is bothered by this ignorance. And that is a very sad example you gave there

It will be difficult. Right now, Only Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan still use the traditional Chinese. Everywhere else, the simplified one is ghe official Chinese language. Even in HK and Macau, both fonts are used in most public places.

The Cultural Revolution in the 60s made a huge damage to generations to come. Scholars and teachers were frown upon, subject to public criticism and humiliation. Young and knowledgeable ones, instead of learning, were sent away from home to remote area doing hard labor. The country lost a few generations in education and learning which is very hard to recover.

But OTH, even the Chinese in HK, who did not suffered from Cultural Revolution, although the colonial education is not much better, are pretty bad in the language art department. My cousin's son, who migrated to Canada in his early teens, returned to HK to work after he finished University, said the Chinese level of his coworkers are much worse than his. So his elementary level Chinese is better than those who finished University in HK.
Quote:

And I forgot to give you a with those cholesterol results.
Thanks!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #2818
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Michel, I have no idea where to start. It's just that my brain is completely blank today.

On nother note, I am totally losing faith in whatever I should have faith in:

http://www.businessinsider.com/shoot...orleans-2013-5

This is getting out of hand. Insane that you can't go to a place where there is a big crowd without having such odds someone will actually be crazy enough to harm others.

Katja: send Nole an e-mail and tell him he has to lose early for your sake so you will not be tempted to come on here
Old 05-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #2819
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The main road outside my neighborhood used to be 50 but with the increase in population, most go down to 45 The freeway within city is 65 but I usually drive at 75.

star, there are sections of I-15 between Beaver and SLC at 80.
Yeah. Lucky me, I don't have to drive that stretch very often. It's not so scenic. Well I-70 over to GJ is an acquired taste, I suppose.

Quote:
Nothing vs Nadal or his fans. But these Chinese fans are killing the language when they twisted the meaning of the words to fit Nadal's image into it. It's Ok to make a nickname but creating a Wiki page for the meaning for the words.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=267066

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruya
So funny because I was just coming here to link you. http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=101

Quote:

Oh you doctors. Come up with something fun for once!

Quote:
Have fun mate and salute SAF for me

I'm sure you will ace those papers and exams and so on

Not sure if you have written it here already somewhere, but do you have any fun anecdotes from the festival you would mind sharing?
I will tell you. She dresses up all in black and cries buckets listening to boys sing songs late at night and rides around on a yellow float with a bunch of people drinking too much and sleeps on the beach.

Did I cover it all?

star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #2820
country flag Trollicki

Quote:
It will be difficult. Right now, Only Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan still use the traditional Chinese. Everywhere else, the simplified one is ghe official Chinese language. Even in HK and Macau, both fonts are used in most public places.

The Cultural Revolution in the 60s made a huge damage to generations to come. Scholars and teachers were frown upon, subject to public criticism and humiliation. Young and knowledgeable ones, instead of learning, were sent away from home to remote area doing hard labor. The country lost a few generations in education and learning which is very hard to recover.

But OTH, even the Chinese in HK, who did not suffered from Cultural Revolution, although the colonial education is not much better, are pretty bad in the language art department. My cousin's son, who migrated to Canada in his early teens, returned to HK to work after he finished University, said the Chinese level of his coworkers are much worse than his. So his elementary level Chinese is better than those who finished University in HK.
Well, languages in general tend to evolve from complicated to simple if given enough time, so the process itself will probably not be stopped. Still, what I gather from your post is that the attitude towards knowledge is better nowadays than it was in the 60s and 70s, so that gives some hope things will improve. But as far as I know, the Chinese characters are based on compounds of other characters or base figures, right? Simplification might in that sense really turn irreversible if, as you said, people will not be able to discern the meaning of the figures/characters that form the base for these modern ones. Not to mention the fact that few will be able to read the vast amount of literature of pre-20th century China in their original state
Closed Thread