Nole Chat Part 4 - THE EXAM THREAD!!! nerds inside, some survivors too. - Page 150 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #2236
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Titiless Nole Chat Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
So are you a teetotaler? If so, how'd you pull that off in the land of milk (sljivovica ) and honey?
You could say so. I mainly use alcohol to clean my computer and components I've tried sljivovica few times and don't see what's the big deal, unless one wants to get wasted as fast as possible. But yeah, I've got fair share of weird looks and head-shakes, this is the land of alcohol after all, lucikly I don't have to socialize much
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2013, 01:01 AM   #2237
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
The city officially hit triple digit °F yesterday and today's even warmer and I had to go out for some grocery run Not too bad though. But pretty exhausted by the time I'm home The terrible allegy does not help neither
Wow. Isn't that rather early? We usually don't hit 100 until sometime in June. This year it looks as if it will go from cold to hot right away,

I've been listening to a book about a woman who had nmda receptor antibody encephalitis. Very fascinating. It's a disease that begins with what appears to be mental illness -- and of course is but not in the usual way -- and then seizures, and then trouble speaking and moving and then catatonia. It was only identified around 2007. From medical literature, it appears it's nothing new. It was first identified in young women, but is now often found in children and also some men,

http://www.bioportfolio.com/resource...ephalitis.html

Her progress into the disease and then long recovery of her mental and physical abilities, is very interesting. Brain on Fire.

Also I have a leaking hot water tank. Or whatever they are called, I think tank is not the right word. I will let a non-native speaker inform me of the right word.

Heater. My language ability returned,

Last edited by star : 04-30-2013 at 01:06 AM.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-30-2013, 02:51 AM   #2238
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
You could say so. I mainly use alcohol to clean my computer and components I've tried sljivovica few times and don't see what's the big deal, unless one wants to get wasted as fast as possible. But yeah, I've got fair share of weird looks and head-shakes, this is the land of alcohol after all, lucikly I don't have to socialize much
I can imagine that under-the-influence Serbs would start to grate on your nerves a bit, especially considering that most are extroverts to begin with , let alone when they start to do shots. I guess I won't hear you singing folk songs with them anytime soon. My dad laughs at Kordun Serbs here, he says they sound like bellowing bulls when they get liquored up, Bosnians a close second. He and I prefer music from Serbia proper. You're lucky living there. Now get out there and make some friends. It's never too late to start drinking plum brandy and enjoying the festivities!

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-30-2013, 04:53 AM   #2239
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can imagine that under-the-influence Serbs would start to grate on your nerves a bit, especially considering that most are extroverts to begin with , let alone when they start to do shots. I guess I won't hear you singing folk songs with them anytime soon. My dad laughs at Kordun Serbs here, he says they sound like bellowing bulls when they get liquored up, Bosnians a close second. He and I prefer music from Serbia proper. You're lucky living there. Now get out there and make some friends. It's never too late to start drinking plum brandy and enjoying the festivities!
I think Michael lives in the Netherlands, .

I don't know if I would make it in Serbia. : lol:

btw, I have a great book recommend that it's a true story about the rescue of allied airmen from Serbia in WWII. The Forgotten 500. Great stuff. War, intrigue, romance, derringer do, the book has it all.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:41 AM   #2240
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Wow. Isn't that rather early? We usually don't hit 100 until sometime in June. This year it looks as if it will go from cold to hot right away,
Not really early. Average time of the year that we hit 100 is May 2nd. So only a few days early. Sky Harbor hit 102 today but will cool down a little bit for the rest of the week.

Quote:
I've been listening to a book about a woman who had nmda receptor antibody encephalitis. Very fascinating. It's a disease that begins with what appears to be mental illness -- and of course is but not in the usual way -- and then seizures, and then trouble speaking and moving and then catatonia. It was only identified around 2007. From medical literature, it appears it's nothing new. It was first identified in young women, but is now often found in children and also some men,

http://www.bioportfolio.com/resource...ephalitis.html

Her progress into the disease and then long recovery of her mental and physical abilities, is very interesting. Brain on Fire.
It's a bit scary.

Quote:
Also I have a leaking hot water tank. Or whatever they are called, I think tank is not the right word. I will let a non-native speaker inform me of the right word.

Heater. My language ability returned,
The water heater I have in this house is the third one. Both started leaking at different location. But at least they only leak. One of our neighbor, upon his returning home and open the garage, water gushed out.

Average life span of water heater here is 10 years. It's disgusting that the "new" one that replaced the old one last only 5-6 years but it's under warranty so the supplier had to replace the leaky one though we had to pay a plumber to install it.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-30-2013, 05:44 AM   #2241
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

All the talks about drinking Asians usually are very good in holding the liquor. My family is the rare one. Hubby is really good.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:31 AM   #2242
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lol, no thanks, I don't think there's anything more boring than that, it's more like something for a 16 or 17-yr old to enjoy or for those who got stuck in that period. And I don't dance 'kolo' either

Quote:
Asians usually are very good in holding the liquor.
Surely it's the opposite? I think the net is full of pictures of passed-out Korean or Japanese sarari-man in all kinds of awkward positions
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”

Last edited by Time Violation : 04-30-2013 at 06:33 AM.
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #2243
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Not really early. Average time of the year that we hit 100 is May 2nd. So only a few days early. Sky Harbor hit 102 today but will cool down a little bit for the rest of the week.

It's a bit scary.

The water heater I have in this house is the third one. Both started leaking at different location. But at least they only leak. One of our neighbor, upon his returning home and open the garage, water gushed out.

Average life span of water heater here is 10 years. It's disgusting that the "new" one that replaced the old one last only 5-6 years but it's under warranty so the supplier had to replace the leaky one though we had to pay a plumber to install it.
The problem I am faced with is so complex that I feel overwhelmed. I could explain it all with lots of typing, but then you would probably fall asleep reading. But it's all made more difficult by the fact that the leaking really old one is connected to a solar panel.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #2244
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Just had to down a pint for part of film

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #2245
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Hot water heater project is partially done. Just waiting for the electric solar powered one.

Also snow in Denver tonight!

Here it will be 88 today and tomorrow 63.

Thats 31 to 17.

Last edited by star : 04-30-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #2246
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the video of the pint downing

argument.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #2247
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post

Surely it's the opposite? I think the net is full of pictures of passed-out Korean or Japanese sarari-man in all kinds of awkward positions
And do you know how much alcohol in their system? Lots of Chinese wines are over 50% alcohol. And when they drink, they drink it like water.

My first job in Hong Kong, I worked for a company that import lots of machines from Japan. My boss talked about his business meeting there was quite eye opening. He was in a corporate conference room. The really big one with a HUGE oval table that sits 20-30 people. Basically, by the end of the meeting, the table was fully covered by empty alcohol bottles. And they are not beer bottles.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #2248
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

This topic raised in the boy friend thread which is totally off topic so I put it here.

說書/Chinese Storytelling

Now click on fellowing youtube at your own risk. The first one is about Buddhism. Buddhism is huge in Chinese culture and this is about the teaching of a Chinese monk who was a master in Zen.

This is the love story from the Warring States era in Chinese history from 476 BC to 221 BC. It's a very famous story called "Farewell my Concubine" in Chinese Opera.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #2249
country flag Katkexxx

Katkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
First, legend sounds old to me, even vLegend Second, it's terrible time for sun bathing because you'll have sunburn in 15 minutes without protection from the sun.
I got sunburnt and it wasn't even sunny... Don't know when my skin got sensitive.
Vlegend sounds cool btw like something from a sci-fi film.
]

Quote:
All the talks about drinking Asians usually are very good in holding the liquor. My family is the rare one. Hubby is really good.
Even in the funny fotos thread

Quote:
And do you know how much alcohol in their system? Lots of Chinese wines are over 50% alcohol. And when they drink, they drink it like water.

My first job in Hong Kong, I worked for a company that import lots of machines from Japan. My boss talked about his business meeting there was quite eye opening. He was in a corporate conference room. The really big one with a HUGE oval table that sits 20-30 people. Basically, by the end of the meeting, the table was fully covered by empty alcohol bottles. And they are not beer bottles.
I think I watched someting about that on TV my mom was supposed to go to Hong Kong for work last month, it's a good thing her boss went instead of her

We're watching Turkish and Croatian soap operas sooo boring!

Ps. We should congratulate Misko on the new king
Katkexxx is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #2250
country flag ProdigyEng

Ajde.

argument.
Closed Thread