2023 French Open (harmless anti-Nadal rant) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
country flag Aleksandros

Aleksandros has a reputation beyond reputeAleksandros has a reputation beyond reputeAleksandros has a reputation beyond reputeAleksandros has a reputation beyond reputeAleksandros has a reputation beyond reputeAleksandros has a reputation beyond reputeAleksandros has a reputation beyond reputeAleksandros has a reputation beyond reputeAleksandros has a reputation beyond reputeAleksandros has a reputation beyond reputeAleksandros has a reputation beyond repute
Wink 2023 French Open (harmless anti-Nadal rant)

Hello everyone,

Now that the 2013 French Open is over, I thought I would share with you my predictions for the FO results 10 years from now (a long shot, I know). Here's what I anticipate as a news release for the 2023 French Open Men's Final:

NADAL WINS RECORD 18TH FRENCH CROWN IN 5-SET EPIC

The 37 year-old Spaniard, ranked 194th in the world, overcame a spirited challenge from Serbian world no.1 Zoran Dobric to win 6-4, 5-7, 6-3, 6-7, 9-7, after saving 5 match points. He thereby extends his total number of Grand Slam victories to 22 (including 18 French Open titles) and his number of consecutive victories in Paris to 14 - both all-time records.

"It is an unbelievable feeling to win here again", said Nadal afterwards. "Every victory here is special to me. To win here 18 times is unbelievable, no? I want to congratulate Zoran for playing an unbelievable match, and I also thank my team and the sponsors, Kia, the ballboys, the tournament organisers, the President of the French Tennis Federation, the chauffeur who drove me to the venue, the pilot of the plane I took to Paris, the stewardesses and the person who invented the aeroplane - thank you very much everybody."

Of course this is not a serious prediction - though, who knows? I hope Djoko will prove it wrong next year already by winning the French, though I tend to be sth of a pessimist and fear that his golden opportunity may have gone this year... I still feel gutted from Friday's semi, one of the most thrilling matches I've ever seen but also one of the most painful to watch given who I was supporting.

(No criticism intended towards Nadal, obviously you can't blame him for winning matches.)

Hugs to all other Djoker fans

Last edited by Aleksandros : 06-09-2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Make content more explicit from title
Aleksandros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2023 French Open (light-hearted post)

Just to be picky Since he won in 2022, he should at least has 2000 points provided no changes in the ranking system, so he shall be in top 20 in the ranking, not 194th
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
country flag Aleksandros

Aleksandros has a reputation beyond reputeAleksandros has a reputation beyond reputeAleksandros has a reputation beyond reputeAleksandros has a reputation beyond reputeAleksandros has a reputation beyond reputeAleksandros has a reputation beyond reputeAleksandros has a reputation beyond reputeAleksandros has a reputation beyond reputeAleksandros has a reputation beyond reputeAleksandros has a reputation beyond reputeAleksandros has a reputation beyond repute

Haha. Thanks for correcting the inaccuracy

I should have sensed that sth. in my initial post was a bit unrealistic
Old 06-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #4
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's unrealistic,but this could come true,we're talking about Nadal in RG
Old 06-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2023 French Open (harmless anti-Nadal rant)

Nah, Nole will win next time. It's just a matter of confidence. He doesn't believe enough but when he does he will win easily.

By the way, I've read numerous reviews of the match and they all praise the players and the spectacle they gave us. And they all label it as a classic. Please update the news/interviews thread with every article you come across on the net, I love those things. Thanks

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
country flag Aleksandros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Nah, Nole will win next time. It's just a matter of confidence. He doesn't believe enough but when he does he will win easily.
Few things could give me more satisfaction than seeing Novak beat Nadal easily at the French (and I'm talking of a fully fit Nadal, of course, not a diminished one)

For sth. like that to happen though, I think the conditions would have to be similar to those of the third set in last year's RG final (and last throughout the match).

Looking ahead to Wimbledon, some media are speculating that Murray, Nadal and Federer might all end up on the other side of Novak's draw (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ten...Wimbledon.html). I hope for him that this happens (no malice intended towards Murray...)
Old 06-11-2013, 12:30 AM   #7
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandros View Post
Few things could give me more satisfaction than seeing Novak beat Nadal easily at the French (and I'm talking of a fully fit Nadal, of course, not a diminished one)

For sth. like that to happen though, I think the conditions would have to be similar to those of the third set in last year's RG final (and last throughout the match).

Looking ahead to Wimbledon, some media are speculating that Murray, Nadal and Federer might all end up on the other side of Novak's draw (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ten...Wimbledon.html). I hope for him that this happens (no malice intended towards Murray...)
No one can speculate about that because no one can know lol

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #8
country flag BrankoMihailovic
Banned!

BrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond reputeBrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond reputeBrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond reputeBrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond reputeBrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond reputeBrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond reputeBrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond reputeBrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond reputeBrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond reputeBrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond reputeBrankoMihailovic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandros View Post
Hello everyone,

Now that the 2013 French Open is over, I thought I would share with you my predictions for the FO results 10 years from now (a long shot, I know). Here's what I anticipate as a news release for the 2023 French Open Men's Final:

NADAL WINS RECORD 18TH FRENCH CROWN IN 5-SET EPIC
Nadal forum. Clever attempt at trolling at exactly the right moment to take a dig at Nole fans when we are singin' the blues a little. Not amused naturally. Remove this sh*%!
BrankoMihailovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:30 AM   #9
country flag Aleksandros

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrankoMihailovic View Post
Nadal forum. Clever attempt at trolling at exactly the right moment to take a dig at Nole fans when we are singin' the blues a little. Not amused naturally. Remove this sh*%!
My my my...

You clearly didn't get the message of the original post, presumably because you didn't bother reading the whole of it.