The serve - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-13-2005, 10:55 AM   #1
country flag Rex

Rex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond repute
Default The serve

Can anyone give me a website where i can view clpis on how to serve the flat serve. Its very important because i have been told to delay my backswing when serving, but i was looking to find out a little more. Thanks for your help....
Srichaphan- The Thai- ger of tennis.
Safin - The of tennis.
Bagdatis- The quotesman of tennis "my coach will watch, i will sleep with my girlfriend"
Kiefer- The naive guy, "yeh, me and seb are good friends"
Santoro- The double handed wizard of tennis.
Lopez- IS my hair right? IS my lipstick right?
Moya- The tatoo and muscles of tennis (although nadal kicks his ass in that department).
Tipsarevic- The tatoo of tennis, competing with moya.
Djokovic- Stole Jiri's surname

Sorry if I left out your favourite, just PM me to let me know-- thanks.
Rex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2005, 12:13 PM   #2
country flag athie

athie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The serve

Cple of articles here courtesy of google....

Article 1
Article 2
Article 3

Prolly an idea to check out some of the coaching sites....
athie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 12:20 PM   #3
country flag federer express

federer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex
Can anyone give me a website where i can view clpis on how to serve the flat serve.
unless u have dementieva's toss, a flat serve is the easiest thing in the world to hit. dont come up the back of the ball or round the outside of it as u do with topspin and slice...simply hit through it. not sure what your toss is like but one just in front of you or slightly to the right should make it easy enough for you to do. depending on your level u may need to change your grip also. u basically want the ball to hit the strings full on, flat if u like (hence the name of the serve). coaching book may be more help....
federer express is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 12:33 PM   #4
country flag Rex

Rex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond repute

I am about a quater level short of academy standard. I serve well usually, and i serve at about 90mph, but my coach and i both know it could be faster. My toss is good, but it just that i have always had problems getting the toss high enough, because i have a very quick motion.
Srichaphan- The Thai- ger of tennis.
Safin - The of tennis.
Bagdatis- The quotesman of tennis "my coach will watch, i will sleep with my girlfriend"
Kiefer- The naive guy, "yeh, me and seb are good friends"
Santoro- The double handed wizard of tennis.
Lopez- IS my hair right? IS my lipstick right?
Moya- The tatoo and muscles of tennis (although nadal kicks his ass in that department).
Tipsarevic- The tatoo of tennis, competing with moya.
Djokovic- Stole Jiri's surname

Sorry if I left out your favourite, just PM me to let me know-- thanks.
Rex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 12:37 PM   #5
country flag federer express

federer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex
I am about a quater level short of academy standard. I serve well usually, and i serve at about 90mph, but my coach and i both know it could be faster. My toss is good, but it just that i have always had problems getting the toss high enough, because i have a very quick motion.
toss doesn't need to be high. if u are fully extended then thats high enough. only value in making the toss higher is if u are gonna use your legs and jump into the serve more than at present
federer express is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 03:29 PM   #6
country flag Domino

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

If you're that short, I recomment throwing the ball further out. Your natural motion will then snap through the shot.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:08 PM   #7
tennischick

tennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond repute

www.tennisone.com

ANDY RODDICK: Motivation? No. I enjoy what I do. I enjoy what I do. You know, I've never been one to, you know, blow off practice or, you know, do anything like that.

You know, I'd be lying if I said I'm looking forward to practicing the next two days as opposed to playing here. That part is gonna suck...(2010 Aegon Championships)
tennischick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 04:35 PM   #8
country flag adeegee

adeegee has a reputation beyond reputeadeegee has a reputation beyond reputeadeegee has a reputation beyond reputeadeegee has a reputation beyond reputeadeegee has a reputation beyond reputeadeegee has a reputation beyond reputeadeegee has a reputation beyond reputeadeegee has a reputation beyond reputeadeegee has a reputation beyond reputeadeegee has a reputation beyond reputeadeegee has a reputation beyond repute

i had a similar thing when i wanted to know how i could get more kick on my second serve....i found the best thing was a dvd set i found, one of them was all about the serve. i cant remember what the guys name was i think it was bob someone he was an american guy (maybe bob larsson??? maybe someone else can help me out with the name) i'd highly recommend it i thought it was very useful
adeegee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote