Miami SF - Ferrer hindrances Haas out 4-6 6-2 6-3 - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #271
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Miami SF - Ferrer hindrances Haas out 4-6 6-2 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMIC View Post
Double standards.

"Attacking" player loses to "grinder". Courts are to blame. Period. Nothing else is considered.
"Attacking" player loses to "grinder".....on a blazing fast, low bouncing court. EVERYTHING is considered.

Double standards.

The argument was that the COURTS are to blame. And when the courts are NOT to blame, it's something else. And when THAT'S not to blame, it's something else. And so on and so forth.
I'm just responding to your nonsense retort of citing a match from 8 years ago. If you noticed I wasn't the one that blamed the court in the first place but I recognise that it definitely did play a factor in this match. It's also pretty obvious that the modern conditions make the style Haas played this week unfeasible for the vast majority of the tour so it's a valid point.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal!
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #272
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
I'm just responding to your nonsense retort of citing a match from 8 years ago. If you noticed I wasn't the one that blamed the court in the first place but I recognise that it definitely did play a factor in this match. It's also pretty obvious that the modern conditions make the style Haas played this week unfeasible for the vast majority of the tour so it's a valid point.
Not to be rude, but "it was 8 years ago" falls under the category of "everything is considered".

It's just like the argument of the H2H between Federer and Nadal being skewed in Nadal's favor because of clay. Well, if you eliminate all of their clay matches, they are tied at 7 wins each. And then the "everything thing is considered" argument comes out: match-up, he's old, Nadal cheated, top spin, moon balling, etc.
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #273
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMIC View Post
Not to be rude, but "it was 8 years ago" falls under the category of "everything is considered".

It's just like the argument of the H2H between Federer and Nadal being skewed in Nadal's favor because of clay. Well, if you eliminate all of their clay matches, they are tied at 7 wins each. And then the "everything thing is considered" argument comes out: match-up, he's old, Nadal cheated, top spin, moon balling, etc.
What bearing does that match 8 years ago have on this one? Any? 2005 was one of Haas' worst years on tour and this tournament was best shit he has played since 2009. You're just looking at numbers without context and applying them when they're not relevant. It's even less relevant when put against the remark that surface homogenisation is taking all court players out of the game.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal!
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:42 AM   #274
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

All that just to lose to ferrer, haas?

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic provisional nº2

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:25 AM   #275
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
All that just to lose to ferrer, haas?

Haas had a fantastic run here in Miami.
As a near-to-35-year old, it was all too expected that at a certain point, Haas would run out of fuel. No surprise that it happened against Mr. Energy Bunny, aka, Ferrer (and congratulations for that David!).
Still, an awesome result for Haas, and he's got NOTHING to be ashamed about, rather the contrary.

Now please David, take the title tomorrow.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:52 AM   #276
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
What bearing does that match 8 years ago have on this one? Any? 2005 was one of Haas' worst years on tour and this tournament was best shit he has played since 2009. You're just looking at numbers without context and applying them when they're not relevant. It's even less relevant when put against the remark that surface homogenisation is taking all court players out of the game.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...8#post14403458
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:08 PM   #277
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Haas isn't much of an attacking grinder, but his fanatics sure personally attack anyone mentioned his failure on grass & indoor courts. Only Fed was allowed to beat him, yet wasn't Fed depending on Haas' hesitation at the 2009 French Open?

Being scaaaaared won't help Haas on what he perceives as very
slow courts. Fed made a living out of upsetting some shaking chihuahuas who listened to lies.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:51 PM   #278
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
First set he's grunting normally during his shot, then second set it's another story, best illustration is the point for Ferrer to win the second set at ~2.50 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKszU8T0hCA

His grunt is at the moment of Haas' contact with the ball, which imho is partially the reason for him to shank it.

From there on the highlight doesn't reflect the real situation, they switch too fast an there's barely anything on the second and first half of third sets.

You can see though how there is no grunting at all when the guy is leading 4-3, 5-3 etc.

He grunts only when he needs to. Just despicable.

The second set winning point is describing perfectly what was happening for half the match, but isn't on the highlight.
Are you sure you haven't been unconsciously looking for an excuse to start despising Ferrer? Because really, I swear, the grunting (even the delayed grunting) has always been there.
And no, he doesn't do it all the time, but he doesn't do it only when he loses, either. He does it when he's tense, so sometimes it's when he's under pressure and losing, or sometimes, it's when he's winning but playing at his maximum level.

I truly don't think Haas was bothered by his grunts. Anyway, if he had been, he could have said so and ask the umpire to give Ferrer a code violation. Ferrer may be generally respected by other players, but he has never been particularly protected by umpires, so I don't see why Haas would be afraid to complain if he had legitimate grounds for complaint.

If anything, I thought the guy in the audience who was constantly bellowing as if he had been attending a heavy metal gig was far more of a nuisance than Ferrer in terms of noise (and he was doing it during points, too, sometimes).
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:17 PM   #279
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

outrageous result

the real tennis player lost

disgraceful media publicity for the game, this match
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #280
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rychu View Post
7-30 in games vs Big 4 this year. Telling.
find me someone with stats better than that, go ahead

also, before you do go and look. First i want you to make sure that the person you find has played the big 4 at least as many times as ferrer has or someone within at least 5 games of that. If you cant then dont bother because the comparison wont be fair
Seriously?

Okay.

Ferrer's 7/37 = 19% of total games

Even after Murray’s gifts today, he bumps up to 23/68.

23/68 = 34% of total games

Del Potro: Beat two of them just last week.

Del Potro's 56/110 = 51% of total games

"But Del Potro hasn't made it to them in slams!!!111"

Okay.

Tsonga: Took two sets off of Federer at the AO. Ferrer's never taken sets off of Fed on any level in 13 (?) tries.

Tsonga's 31/70 = 44% of total games

"But Tsonga hasn't beaten one of them either!!!11"

Okay.

Berdych: Took a set off of Djokovic in AO; beat Federer in Dubai, which Ferrer thus far can only dream of doing.

Berdych's 45/109 = 41% of total games

I'm not even sure why you posed this challenge, mate.
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
Million times.. Your problem
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for attention, I can tell you I don't like you but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop posting that photo now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will terminate your MTF account.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:07 PM   #281
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
Are you sure you haven't been unconsciously looking for an excuse to start despising Ferrer? Because really, I swear, the grunting (even the delayed grunting) has always been there.
And no, he doesn't do it all the time, but he doesn't do it only when he loses, either. He does it when he's tense, so sometimes it's when he's under pressure and losing, or sometimes, it's when he's winning but playing at his maximum level.

I truly don't think Haas was bothered by his grunts. Anyway, if he had been, he could have said so and ask the umpire to give Ferrer a code violation. Ferrer may be generally respected by other players, but he has never been particularly protected by umpires, so I don't see why Haas would be afraid to complain if he had legitimate grounds for complaint.

If anything, I thought the guy in the audience who was constantly bellowing as if he had been attending a heavy metal gig was far more of a nuisance than Ferrer in terms of noise (and he was doing it during points, too, sometimes).
no, yes, yes, whatever, dunno, yes, no, no idea.

The point is - ugliest final in the world (Futures and senior leagues included) can be produced only if one of the players is Ferrer.

And the winners theory goes to pieces as well.

Just awful, awful, awful
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote