Change of banning rules debate - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #16
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of banning rules debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
I think you're an excellent poster, and I don't remember disagreeing before, but what you wrote here is utterly wrong. You want people to be given a chance to change, yet you think 15 times is cruel? How many chances should they get? 150?

I've been a member on a number of forums in the last 10 years, even been a mod on few of them. All I can say the moderation here is amazingly relaxed, and the shit people can get away with is sometimes mind-boggling. It took years of hard-core trolling before some of the worst trolls on the board were finally removed. If anything mods should be stricter sometimes, not more lenient. All those who were permabanned deserved it 5 times over.
You're misinterpreting this. I've been a Mod on a few forums myself and the only users ever being permanently banned or removed were the ones advertising links to virused websites or spambots. Moderation here should be stricter I agree, and punishments should be as severe as now or more severe in some cases, with the exception of the permaban.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #17
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of those "infractions" shouldn't even exist.
BauerAlmeida is online now View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #18
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
A lot of those "infractions" shouldn't even exist.
Which ones are those? Propose your view instead of casting a post without much information. If you have a POV, let us know.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #19
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Your paranoia is entirely your own affair. Having worked with those people for a long time, I can tell you what you're saying is absolutely ludicrous.
No, it's not.I can prove it.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #20
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think you're an excellent poster, and I don't remember disagreeing before, but what you wrote here is utterly wrong. You want people to be given a chance to change, yet you think 15 times is cruel? How many chances should they get? 150?

I've been a member on a number of forums in the last 10 years, even been a mod on few of them. All I can say the moderation here is amazingly relaxed, and the shit people can get away with is sometimes mind-boggling. It took years of hard-core trolling before some of the worst trolls on the board were finally removed. If anything mods should be stricter sometimes, not more lenient. All those who were permabanned deserved it 5 times over.
You are joking.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #21
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
You are joking.
Not really, you are still posting, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
You're misinterpreting this. I've been a Mod on a few forums myself and the only users ever being permanently banned or removed were the ones advertising links to virused websites or spambots. Moderation here should be stricter I agree, and punishments should be as severe as now or more severe in some cases, with the exception of the permaban.
Not sure what kind of forums are those; I mostly frequent on IT forums and I've seen dozens of people permabanned for all kinds of infractions. Spambots are usually banned automatically, that goes without saying.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #22
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
There should be no punishment for 'trolling' as its too easy to misinterpret IMO

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I agree with this.
paseo is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #23
Banned!

Quote:
Not really, you are still posting, no?
You're trying to be funny?Stop, 'cause you're failing.
We're talking about serious matters here.I'm also member on many other forums(sport ones and those that has nothing to do with sports) and I can tell you that things are different there.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #24
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Not sure what kind of forums are those; I mostly frequent on IT forums and I've seen dozens of people permabanned for all kinds of infractions. Spambots are usually banned automatically, that goes without saying.
Science fiction forums. And be sure that there many many trolls to go around there.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #25
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

We're diverging once again. It doesn't matter how other forums are like, all that matters is how this forum can be like.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #26
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
It doesn't matter how other forums are like, all that matters is how this forum can be like.
Ok, fair enough. I think it already has great balance as it is. If it's absolutely necessary to tweak something, then it should be more strict in the GM part. Non-tennis, chat etc. could be more lax.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #27
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
If it's absolutely necessary to tweak something, then it should be more strict in the GM part. Non-tennis, chat etc. could be more lax.
That is a great idea. Chat should watch out for personal attacks, while GM should also be careful about accusations without proof and diverging discussions into directionless babble or trolling. This part:

Code:
Forum disruptions              -              +1 day
Baiting                        -              +1 day
Trolling                       -              +1 day
Doping Allegetions             -              +1 day
Match Fixing Allegations       -              +1 day
Old 03-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #28
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

The rules in OP are good guidelines.
The permaban has become overused

Personally, I don't think doping or match fixing allegations (The latter is often obvious) should carry bans at all

Robredo, Matosevic, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is online now View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #29
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djokovicgonzalez View Post
Personally, I don't think doping or match fixing allegations (The latter is often obvious) should carry bans at all
Yeah, I'm really confused about why those two are ban-worthy offenses. I don't want this place to become THASP Jr. but I don't get how saying "I think X player fixed his match" is any different from people accusing the same player of tanking.
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #30
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Yeah, I'm really confused about why those two are ban-worthy offenses. I don't want this place to become THASP Jr. but I don't get how saying "I think X player fixed his match" is any different from people accusing the same player of tanking.
It's about illegally obtained money really. Tanking serves the purpose of players conserving energy for later events. Fixing serves the purpose of generating illegal money on gambling. Such accusations usually demand proof.
Closed Thread