The "We Love You, Dean!" Australian Open Thread!! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-14-2005, 02:58 PM   #46
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "We Love You, Dean!" Australian Open Thread!!

Roddick seeking to get back on track at Aussie Open

MELBOURNE (AFP) - A frustrated Andy Roddick returns to the venue where his stellar rise through the ranks began to falter last year, leaving the big-serving American struggling to emerge from the shadow of Swiss rival Roger Federer.

The "A-Rod", 22, was world number one and ranked top seed going into last year's Australian Open (news - web sites) but by the end of the tournament had conceded his world crown to eventual winner Federer.

The Swiss went on to defeat Roddick in the Wimbledon (news - web sites) final and also added the French Open (news - web sites) to his 2004 Grand Slam trophy cabinet. (Uh what??? LMAOOOOOOOO)

Federer's red-hot form halted the momentum built by Roddick in a breakthough 2003, when he appeared set to become the next tennis superstar on the back of a US Open triumph.

Instead, it has been Federer who has been hailed as a legend in the making and Roddick has been left with the cold comfort of the number two spot and a relatively disappointing four titles in 2004.

Defeat by Spain in the Davis Cup final capped a miserable year for Roddick, who responded last month by sacking his coach, Andre Agassi's former mentor Brad Gilbert, and replacing him with the low-profile Dean Goldfine.

Roddick said he was determined to lose the best-of-the-rest tag and wrest back "his" number one spot from Federer.

"To get my spot back or get back to where it is actually a debate who the top player is, then I'm going to have to step it up, and I know that. So I'm just going to try to do everything in my power," he said.

He said his enthusiasm for the game revived under Goldfine, a US Davis Cup assistant coach.

"I've had a great training period with Dean, felt better than I have in a long time," he said. "I'm happy with the team around me now. I feel very optimistic for 2005 -- I'm excited," he said.

While Roddick managed to fend off a determined challenge by Australia's Lleyton Hewitt for the number two spot, he is in no doubt defending champion Federer is the man to beat at the Australian Open.

"There's no doubt the way he finished last year and started this year, he's playing the best in the world," Roddick said.

Roddick refused to concede Federer had a mortgage on Grand Slams in 2005 but said exceptional one-off performances would be needed for the chasing pack to catch up.

"Luckily for us, we only have to be better on one day and not for the whole year, so we'll take that attitude and really go after it if that happens," he said.

While he has never won the Australian Open, Roddick has already participated in one of the tournament's classic games, a marathon quarter-final against Morroccan Younes El Aynaoui in 2003.

The five-hour epic included the longest fifth set in Grand Slam history, with Roddick eventually winning the tie break 21-19, after which both competitors walked off the court hand in hand to tumultous applause.

An exhausted Roddick was then eliminated by Rainer Schuettler in the semi-final.

Last year, he made it to the quarter finals before falling to Sjeng Schalken of the Netherlands. (Uh what??? LMAOOOOOOOO)

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2005, 03:00 PM   #47
country flag Leena
Disqualified For
Racquet Abuse

Leena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond reputeLeena has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like your typical Yahoo piece.
Leena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 03:02 PM   #48
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, gotta love the AFP, a paragon of accurate journalism

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 03:12 PM   #49
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
The Swiss went on to defeat Roddick in the Wimbledon (news - web sites) final and also added the French Open (news - web sites) to his 2004 Grand Slam trophy cabinet. (Uh what??? LMAOOOOOOOO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
Last year, he made it to the quarter finals before falling to Sjeng Schalken of the Netherlands. (Uh what??? LMAOOOOOOOO)

Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 03:56 PM   #50
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

"Wow...is that the standard grip size, it feels much bigger" - Tim

"That's not my racquet..." - Andy
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 04:13 PM   #51
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-14-2005, 04:17 PM   #52
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 05:26 PM   #53
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Lets say jonas in second round canas in quaters and probably no boxer in the semis since he has yet to make quarters hmmmmmmmmm i like this draw

But is it as hot in austin as it is now in Australia ? hope andy has no problems with the heat
If Andy make finals then i got a lot of vcash (of course he had better win them)
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."

Last edited by Black Adam : 01-14-2005 at 05:32 PM.
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 05:32 PM   #54
country flag Tytta!.
(:

We should care a bit more about his first round... then he wins and we think about the 2nd and so on... I just hate when I start to guess who his opponents are going to be
Old 01-14-2005, 05:38 PM   #55
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: The "We Love You, Dean!" Australian Open Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytta
We should care a bit more about his first round... then he wins and we think about the 2nd and so on... I just hate when I start to guess who his opponents are going to be
I know but i am too impatient
i really want him to win so i was jsut analysing the draw
beside i do not want to lose 100 vcash i will be really tense coz i will only get the results in the afternoon when i come back from college ....real stressing but do not worry i like taking one match at a time
Quote:
Quote:
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Old 01-14-2005, 05:43 PM   #56
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Aww I was just joking I know you were just giving your opinions about it and I really think he's got great chances with this draw (till when/if he decides to mess it up)
Old 01-14-2005, 05:46 PM   #57
country flag Black Adam

Quote:
Aww I was just joking I know you were just giving your opinions about it and I really think he's got great chances with this draw (till when/if he decides to mess it up)
i know you werejoking but i am feeling good about his chances right now
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-14-2005, 05:48 PM   #58
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Yeah... If he keeps improving and practicing hard with Dean I'm sure he's got really good chances
Old 01-14-2005, 05:58 PM   #59
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute

I always have the bad habit of looking to far into the draw, and especially this time when he should make it through the first part without huge problems........but as I am often told one match at a time

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 05:58 PM   #60
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah... If he keeps improving and practicing hard with Dean I'm sure he's got really good chances
I think his chances are good this year, we'll see here soon.
You're on a roll Hehnata!!! 253 posts, just yesterday you had 230.

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote