Patrick Ciorcila - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #31
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 16 years old Patrick Ciorcila reach his first Futures Final !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
Fair enough. But I was doing research before replying to the other part.

Estrella, washed up Dominican 32 year old, Castro, won only about 4 matches on a Futures main draw last year, Capone, clearly a nobody, and Mina a player that has yet to confirm anything.

These are the players Quinzi faced before reaching Patrick's current age, and clearly before reaching a Futures semifinal, let alone a Futures final. And the players you mentioned fought against Patrick before he turned 16. Quinzi managed to beat nobodies like Margaroli or Theiler at the same age Patrick had when he beat Sabau.
What about Coria? Ranked in the 500's and Quinzi beat him at 16 yrs and 0 months or Nicolas Gustavo Kauer, again ranked in the 500's at 16 yrs and 0 months.

Tell you what, lets see if Patrick achieves what Quinzi has by December of this year? That's the benchmark. I'd stake a considerable sum of money on him not being able to do it.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #32
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
What about Coria? Ranked in the 500's and Quinzi beat him at 16 yrs and 0 months or Nicolas Gustavo Kauer, again ranked in the 500's at 16 yrs and 0 months.
Coria was 769 when he got whacked by Quinzi. And how is that an achievement? Coria never got into the Top 500. Sabau is a former Top 100. Craciun was 218 at best in his career. We can call Coria Quinzi's Eremin (player beat by Patrick at 16,0 who never got through Top 500).

Kauer was 784 when he got defeated by Quinzi. It was in the qualifying rounds of a Futures. Kauer's career high is his current 582.

Quote:
Tell you what, lets see if Patrick achieves what Quinzi has by December of this year? That's the benchmark. I'd stake a considerable sum of money on him not being able to do it.
Depends on what you considered that Quinzi achieved. For instance, Quinzi never won a Futures. If Patrick wins this tomorrow, he may have already achieved more.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #33
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Coria was 769 when he got whacked by Quinzi. And how is that an achievement? Coria never got into the Top 500. Sabau is a former Top 100. Craciun was 218 at best in his career. We can call Coria Quinzi's Eremin (player beat by Patrick at 16,0 who never got through Top 500).

Kauer was 784 when he got defeated by Quinzi. It was in the qualifying rounds of a Futures. Kauer's career high is his current 582.
It's interesting to note the two players he beat have improved their rankings whilst the same cannot be said of Patrick's now, can they?
Old 03-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #34
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's interesting to note the two players he beat have improved their rankings whilst the same cannot be said of Patrick's now, can they?
How is that relevant? How is that related to Patrick or Quinzi. It's just a matter of timing. Eremin was also 700's when he was 17, and now he stagnated around the 500s. Kauer's ascension is clearly slowing down, I don't see him getting above 400 in his career at this pace (he's already 21, unlike Eremin, who is 19 and still ahead of him in the rankings). Coria has stagnated around the 500s for one year now. Clearly, his potential is limited to that.

Again, this is not relevant, just a matter of timing when facing them. Sabau or Craciun's rankings couldn't possibly increase, but again this is not relevant. Sabau and Craciun are clearly experienced players, and being beaten by a 15 year old is not easy, despite them being Hass's age or a bit older. Estrella will never achieve what Sabau achieved.

But we're getting nowhere with this. It's pointless to compare two different paths. As I am sure, we both want the same thing. A better future for tennis. Why a never ending argument? We should have an optimistic view upon the future. Maybe Quinzi and Ciorcila will surprise us more than we expect. Don't you actually want that?
Old 03-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #35
Banned!

Quote:
Don't you actually want that?
Of course, but I want some realism involved. Quinzi started out well and has continued to improve beating a lot of guys in the 200-400 range. Patrick, whilst I applaud him for his achievements hasn't done nearly the same. If he does, he deserves a lot more credit from myself.

Guess you are right ultimately, it's not for me to say when a thread should be made, but I find it impossible to get excited about someone beating a few Indian's.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #36
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

There, we reached an understanding, in which both of us see the other one's point of view quite clearly. We shall let the future decide and see what Patrick does from this point forward. A victory here is a morale boost and maybe in the next month he can use a Wild Card in the Bucharest Open and spend it wisely enough to get more credit.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #37
Banned!

Quote:
There, we reached an understanding, in which both of us see the other one's point of view quite clearly. We shall let the future decide and see what Patrick does from this point forward. A victory here is a morale boost and maybe in the next month he can use a Wild Card in the Bucharest Open and spend it wisely enough to get more credit.
I hope so. The current crop of youngsters in the 20-23 bracket make me want to kill myself.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #38
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

BTW. Patrick was actually gonna play some USA Futures this start of the year, but there were problems with his passport and missed the chance of going there. He went to India with Crivoi in order to get some training done with him and learn from his experience. If you ask me, it was a good learning experience and a swell compromise for missing on the USA level Futures.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:13 PM   #39
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

quinzi is getting some hype here, while among juniors in his last events he was losing to guys like nishioka, hamou, djere or kokkinakis (first three are a bit older, last one is a bit younger)

apparently this nishioka kid has a futures title already, unlike quinzi. beat quintero, m. klein, mina, borvanov, m. arevalo

then in texas 15K futures he made semis after qualifying, beat there mc gee, krueger, christian harrison

this looks probably the best among all discussed players here, though he doesn't seem to be regular, this week lost in futures quallies.

and kyrgios is ahead of them all with challenger title and a semi from this season

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #40
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

pretty cool surname the guy has. much better than the 'escu'-names.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #41
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

^^ Yes, but both Nishioka and Kyrgios are older than Quinzi and Ciorcila. Kyrgios is turning 18 in one month, Nishioka is 5 months older than Quinzi. When it comes to juniors, a few months count a bit, one year counts a bit more, because of growing strength. But we're getting to comparisons again, and like I said, each of them lays his own path. Nick is definitely confirming his talent before his 18th birthday. Quinzi has a bit of time ahead of him, but he must level up. Nishioka may also confirm given a chance. Ciorcila is not even 17 yet.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #42
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
^^ Yes, but both Nishioka and Kyrgios are older than Quinzi and Ciorcila. Kyrgios is turning 18 in one month, Nishioka is 5 months older than Quinzi. When it comes to juniors, a few months count a bit, one year counts a bit more, because of growing strength. But we're getting to comparisons again, and like I said, each of them lays his own path. Nick is definitely confirming his talent before his 18th birthday. Quinzi has a bit of time ahead of him, but he must level up. Nishioka may also confirm given a chance. Ciorcila is not even 17 yet.
nishioka made his first futures final when he was 16 years 1 month (october 2011) - surely one to add to the watchlist

he beat there 2 no names, obradovic, and a decent guy devilder

lost final to kubler, who seemed promising, but goes nowhere with his career; heard he has some ongoing health problems

Old 03-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #43
country flag Vinceremo

Vinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
quinzi is getting some hype here, while among juniors in his last events he was losing to guys like nishioka, hamou, djere or kokkinakis (first three are a bit older, last one is a bit younger)

apparently this nishioka kid has a futures title already, unlike quinzi. beat quintero, m. klein, mina, borvanov, m. arevalo

then in texas 15K futures he made semis after qualifying, beat there mc gee, krueger, christian harrison

this looks probably the best among all discussed players here, though he doesn't seem to be regular, this week lost in futures quallies.

and kyrgios is ahead of them all with challenger title and a semi from this season
If you think Quinzi has big hype here... you don't want to imagine how it is in Italy and among italian tennis fans it's ridiculous and massive, believe me! The urge for having a top player in the near future is definitely exciting though so you have to understand, specially considering all the past good juniors/prospects that haven't quite make it yet (and probably never will ) like: Fabbiano, Trevisan, Travaglia(impossible to rule him out yet though), Gaio, etc).

To GQ's credit, he has reached a future final just recently and has some good wins of his own in Riverax2, Barrientos, Struvay, Estevezx2 (not sure if once or twice), Podlipnik, Estrella and he also holds a win in a future against Nishioka. as you can see most of his notable wins come from the south american futures because he splits training between Argentina and USA but he will be playing more in Europe as the season progresses.
Vinceremo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #44
country flag Nathaliia

italy has always been having good juniors in tennis since i follow junior games it's not only quinzi, you seem to have some more now, baldi and i think some more

well, your tennis is getting better now, plenty of wta ongoing success, also seppi in top 20, fognini with odd run here and there, decent rank, good doubles stuff... prob even better than in sanguinetti times?

Old 03-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #45
country flag Vinceremo

Vinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
italy has always been having good juniors in tennis since i follow junior games it's not only quinzi, you seem to have some more now, baldi and i think some more

well, your tennis is getting better now, plenty of wta ongoing success, also seppi in top 20, fognini with odd run here and there, decent rank, good doubles stuff... prob even better than in sanguinetti times?
I think the biggest hopes due to age/potential are Quinzi and Baldi at this point, Donati and Napolitano could join them too but then there are some a bit older guys (still young) with some potential that could do well like Giannessi(needs to get in shape), Travaglia, Eremin, maybe Cecchinato, and a few more.

Sanguinetti times , we are definitely doing much better now! don't get me wrong, Davide was awesome but with Seppi, Fog, Bolelli (at least in doubles for now) I'd say we are in a far better position and in DC QF after so many years!
Vinceremo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote