Patrick Ciorcila - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #16
country flag ciprianned

ciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 16 years old Patrick Ciorcila reach his first Futures Final !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
I want to see the next Federer or Nadal appear
It's imposible , belive me !
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #17
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciprianned View Post
The next Federer might be possible. We could have the Federer sisters rising in about 15 years.
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #18
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The next Nadal would be incredible. Could you imagine MTF if a 16 year old made it to the top 100 and beat two Roland Garros champions (including the current one) in M1000s? He even made it into those draws under his own work, upping his ranking through Futures and Challengers and then qualifying.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #19
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

This Ciorcila must be good.

Barely into futures and already haters.

Davai.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #20
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

This is ridiculous, you're undermining his accomplishment based off nothing. Getting to a futures finals as a 16 year old is impressive. No, he may not become a Top 10 player, I can agree with that, but it's actually pathetic to try to make this achievement insignificant. Anderson beat Ferrer, no he probably won't win Indian Wells, but its still a big deal. And in terms of statistics, most kids who win Futures when they're 16 go on to have pretty decent careers.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #21
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I like the look of Quinzi, has been playing in stronger futures fields and getting some decent results. Only just turned 17 too.

There needs to be a sense of realism involved. I want to see the next Federer or Nadal appear, but this desire to overstate a youngsters achievements is ridiculous.
This is the stupidest comment I've ever read. Out of every player out there, I want you to give me your opinion on who's going to win Roland Garros 2020. You pick Nadal right? The only way we can tell someone's going to win Roland Garros is if they've won it before, please note my sarcasm.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #22
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I like the look of Quinzi, has been playing in stronger futures fields and getting some decent results. Only just turned 17 too.
Just noticed this. Patrick is not 17, and he is not gonna be 17 until September. In terms of age, Patrick is younger than Quinzi was when he reached his first Futures final (which was 2 months before turning 17). Patrick is now 16 1/2 y.o. Quinzi was 16 years and 7 months old when he reached his first Futures semifinal, Patrick was 15 years and 11 months old when he reached his first semifinal.

These are statistics that probably mean nothing to you because the fields of the Futures played by Patrick are weaker.

Like I said before, this thread was created to show people how a potentially good player in the future is progressing in these very physical times, but it rapidly became a place that casts judgement the MTF way. As always, people here are much faster at criticizing than at expressing an objective opinion (which is surely not "Patrick is the next number 1" nor was it expressed by the OP in that way).

Have you looked through the OP's videos of Patrick's game play? I thought that someone who truly wants to show off knowledge of the tennis game would at least have the courtesy to judge a player by their game. Quinzi's game is totally different than Patrick's. There is no comparison between the two yet. Comparing by the fields faced or by their age is extremely relativistic, as you probably don't know 80% of the players they faced upon their achievements.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #23
country flag Tiebreak100

Tiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
India F3

R32 vs. Crivoi , 2-1 retired
R16 vs. Rawat , 6-3 6-3
QF vs. Prashanth 7-6 6-2
SF vs. Leonardi , i don't know the score , but i know that Patrick won !

Nice gift from him to me . Today's my birthday !
Good luck in final against Tak Wang !

Ciorcila vs. Sabau ( 14 years old Patrick , Sabau former top 100 player ) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX3n1ojOYwA

Ciorcila vs. Denes Lukacs :
PART 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4NKO7EiumA
PART 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQG73IPO5vs
PART 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovzii8-usSc

Ciorcila vs. Alexandru Ghilea :
PART 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tajF4JwhPig
PART 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk-wo91C844
PART 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqolDFutpPQ
PART 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnj-a6sQN3U

Ciorcila vs. Daniel Masur ( junior match ) :
PART 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuhpXtrA0MI
PART 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3lPoJ37dNg
PART 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYoghss7TGM

ATM Patrick is the most promising young player from Romania !

Good luck in your career . Patrick !
Regardless of the opposition that is good going for such a young guy. What is the background with this fella? Don't imagine you get to many Romanians named Patrick.
Tiebreak100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #24
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
These are statistics that probably mean nothing to you because the fields of the Futures played by Patrick are weaker.
Correct.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #25
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiebreak100 View Post
Regardless of the opposition that is good going for such a young guy. What is the background with this fella? Don't imagine you get to many Romanians named Patrick.
Yes, Patrick is not that common as a name in Romania. More often is Patriciu, which Patrick can be derived from. But as modernism hit Romania just like anywhere else, many parents have named their kids using the short form or the foreign form of common Romanian names. Patrick Ciorcila is definitely Romanian, born in Cluj-Napoca, raised in Cluj-Napoca, trained in Cluj-Napoca. But where are you getting with this? What do you wanna know about his background?
Old 03-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #26
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Denes Lukacs last match was June of last year, Daniel Masur has no pro record to speak of (he's 18), Razvan Sabau's last match was September of last year, Alexandru Ghilea's last match was September of last year.

Can you see why I don't think he deserves a thread for beating a couple of Indian nobodies?
Old 03-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #27
country flag Tiebreak100

Tiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, Patrick is not that common as a name in Romania. More often is Patriciu, which Patrick can be derived from. But as modernism hit Romania just like anywhere else, many parents have named their kids using the short form or the foreign form of common Romanian names. Patrick Ciorcila is definitely Romanian, born in Cluj-Napoca, raised in Cluj-Napoca, trained in Cluj-Napoca. But where are you getting with this? What do you wanna know about his background?
Just curious and intrigued by his name; and you have answered my query. Thanks for the detail.
Tiebreak100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #28
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Can you see why I don't think he deserves a thread for beating a couple of Indian nobodies?
I don't think anyone is in any position to justify the existence of any thread (if on topic). If you don't want to take part in it, you're not forced to. The back button is usually top left in any browser.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #29
Banned!

Quote:
I don't think anyone is in any position to justify the existence of any thread (if on topic). If you don't want to take part in it, you're not forced to. The back button is usually top left in any browser.
Interesting that you choose to select that part of my reply to respond too.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #30
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Interesting that you choose to select that part of my reply to respond too.
Fair enough. But I was doing research before replying to the other part.

Quote:
Denes Lukacs last match was June of last year, Daniel Masur has no pro record to speak of (he's 18), Razvan Sabau's last match was September of last year, Alexandru Ghilea's last match was September of last year.

Estrella, washed up Dominican 32 year old, Castro, won only about 4 matches on a Futures main draw last year, Capone, clearly a nobody, and Mina a player that has yet to confirm anything.

These are the players Quinzi faced before reaching Patrick's current age, and clearly before reaching a Futures semifinal, let alone a Futures final. And the players you mentioned fought against Patrick before he turned 16. Quinzi managed to beat nobodies like Margaroli or Theiler at the same age Patrick had when he beat Sabau.