What are you playing? (ps3, 360, pc, Wii U, etc) - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-25-2013, 05:17 AM   #46
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you playing? (ps3, 360, pc, Wii U, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jverweij View Post
Emulators? Hells NO! :P I have quite alot of old consoles It's a hobby
I agree with your comment haha, EA is almost going to look good next to this sort of business Microsoft is doing. also old games are the best!!! I have a few NES's, SNES's, N64's, obviously PS1 / PS2 / PS3, and a few other newer ones but I LOVE old games so much more. more heart and the patterned based games just have such a fun vibe to them and are more replayable (which is weird in a way because you'd think it'd be backwards)

also to another comment, I agree, it almost seems like they gave out the worst answers ever. I will probably go to mainly PC gaming in the future (kind of already have as far as new games) BUT if PS4 is smarter by not having so many restrictions it will be WAY more successful than Xbox one

can't think of a reason to get an XBOX one at this point but many reasons not too. oh wait one reason would be if you are obsessed with Halo, but besides that

PS4 is last hope as we all know Nintendo as went MIA since like N64. if it fails too then just fuck console gaming entirely. let them all crash and burn and maybe in a decade someone with common sense will make a system fans and CONSUMERS want, not just something based entirely around corporation greed

and like someone commented on here, it'll end up being more affordable and frankly allow more freedom just to build your own powerful PC

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #47
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
I agree with your comment haha, EA is almost going to look good next to this sort of business Microsoft is doing. also old games are the best!!! I have a few NES's, SNES's, N64's, obviously PS1 / PS2 / PS3, and a few other newer ones but I LOVE old games so much more. more heart and the patterned based games just have such a fun vibe to them and are more replayable (which is weird in a way because you'd think it'd be backwards)

also to another comment, I agree, it almost seems like they gave out the worst answers ever. I will probably go to mainly PC gaming in the future (kind of already have as far as new games) BUT if PS4 is smarter by not having so many restrictions it will be WAY more successful than Xbox one

can't think of a reason to get an XBOX one at this point but many reasons not too. oh wait one reason would be if you are obsessed with Halo, but besides that

PS4 is last hope as we all know Nintendo as went MIA since like N64. if it fails too then just fuck console gaming entirely. let them all crash and burn and maybe in a decade someone with common sense will make a system fans and CONSUMERS want, not just something based entirely around corporation greed

and like someone commented on here, it'll end up being more affordable and frankly allow more freedom just to build your own powerful PC
Aye completely agree with this, even though the gamecube had 2 great games, it was a bit of a failure. I've sort of given up on consoles aswell, there is no way I will buy any of the new ones. All this integration of tv, interwebz and other nonsense. I have a tv, I have a pc, I just want to play games. Why do they have to make all that stuff so complicated? I'd rather they use the great graphics available, and add a good storyline and as you put it, some heart to make nice games again.

But hey, microsoft and EA make for the mother of all cash-cow milkers, so I know to stay away.

"a place for vultures and mugs to express their opinions about other vultures and mugs"
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #48
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Going through Final Fantasy VI on the PS1 at the moment, love the story-heavy games. Random encounters are much more of a bitch now than I remember

Favourites from current gen: Dark Souls, Demon's souls, Oblivion, Skyrim, Dragon age: origins
  • Nadull = only exists to undermine Greatness
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #49
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Emulators? Hells NO! :P I have quite alot of old consoles It's a hobby
Nice. I just have a PS One with FF VII and VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
Going through Final Fantasy VI on the PS1 at the moment, love the story-heavy games. Random encounters are much more of a bitch now than I remember

Favourites from current gen: Dark Souls, Demon's souls, Oblivion, Skyrim, Dragon age: origins
Ahhhh VI might be the best one, though VII is my sentimental favourite... as it is for most people, I'd guess.

Chrono Trigger is good so far, not too far into it but it plays just like a SNES FF, minus the random encounters. Will probably move onto Chrono Cross after it.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #50
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute

monster hunter 3 ultimate on the wii u, tons of fun.
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:25 AM   #51
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
Nice. I just have a PS One with FF VII and VIII

Ahhhh VI might be the best one, though VII is my sentimental favourite... as it is for most people, I'd guess.

Chrono Trigger is good so far, not too far into it but it plays just like a SNES FF, minus the random encounters. Will probably move onto Chrono Cross after it.
I´ll post a pick of my collection later on the day Totally agree on VI being the best FF storywise. The music is also awesome. Nobuo Uematsu

"a place for vultures and mugs to express their opinions about other vultures and mugs"
Old 05-27-2013, 04:26 AM   #52
country flag Jverweij

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan856 View Post
monster hunter 3 ultimate on the wii u, tons of fun.
I've seen that game in stores many times wondering how it was. What is it exactly you do in monster hunters?? Is there actual hunting or just encounters?

Old 05-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #53

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've seen that game in stores many times wondering how it was. What is it exactly you do in monster hunters?? Is there actual hunting or just encounters?
You engage in monster boss fights, either solo or online(much better), and each boss has its own mechanics so it never gets dull. The addicting part is that a leveling system doesn't exist, and you get stronger with the armor sets you create for yourself. 12 different weapons from a gun to a polearm, each one requiring its own strategy and combo moves.

It sounds simple on paper, but it is quite a rush to be in the middle of these fights.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #54
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

There is just something very satisfying about having an old console, hooked up to N old Skool CRT tv and playing the games the way you used t play them

Emulation is great but will never replace the rush of finding a hidden gem in some second hand store, taking it home and playing it old Skool on a real console
Old 05-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #55
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
There is just something very satisfying about having an old console, hooked up to N old Skool CRT tv and playing the games the way you used t play them

Emulation is great but will never replace the rush of finding a hidden gem in some second hand store, taking it home and playing it old Skool on a real console
I agree 100% with this
I enjoy the options and depth that some games have today, but the simple just being able to jump in without directions or thought process was beautiful back then
and I dig grabbing an old game just for the hell of it because I like the cover and running to go home to try it
something special about old games
NES and SNES in particular are dear to my heart

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:53 AM   #56
country flag Jverweij

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan856 View Post
You engage in monster boss fights, either solo or online(much better), and each boss has its own mechanics so it never gets dull. The addicting part is that a leveling system doesn't exist, and you get stronger with the armor sets you create for yourself. 12 different weapons from a gun to a polearm, each one requiring its own strategy and combo moves.

It sounds simple on paper, but it is quite a rush to be in the middle of these fights.
sounds cool! I'll give it a try, cheers

Old 06-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #57
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else excited for E3 tomorrow?

We're going to see the PS4.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #58
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

Also the apple WWDC is tomorrow

This is huge for apple. Android is really in the ascendency. This might be apples last chance at taing the lead

Expecting huge news from apple
Old 06-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #59
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Really don't see iOS7 being anything special or anything else Apple show, but we'll see.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #60

last of us (have a modded ps3)

great story, graphics are inconsistent (bad one map, amazing in another), gameplay is like a stealthy survival horror if you're into that genre.

A lot of hype for this game but I still think bioshock should get goty over it....until gta 5 comes out.