Brazil, soccer referee stabs player then gets stoned to death and dismembered. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brazil, soccer referee stabs player then gets stoned to death and dismembered.

link

Quote:
(CNN) -- The argument started over a red card.

It escalated when the referee fatally stabbed the player.

It ended when the player's enraged family members stoned the referee to death and dismembered his body.

Even for soccer, where violent outbreaks are all-too-common, what happened last week in a northern Brazil village was extraordinary.

Referee Jordan Silva called a foul during a soccer match. He showed player Josenir Santo Abreu a red card, the highest penalty, which translates into expulsion from the game.

Referees under siege, attacked by violence

Abreu, 30, wasn't going to take it, police said, and confronted the referee, who was 10 years younger.

The altercation grew ugly. Silva pulled a knife, and plunged it into Abreu's chest, Maranhao state police said in a statement.

While the player was rushed to a hospital, members of his family nabbed the referee and tied him up with the help of fans, CNN affiliate Band News reported. And they tortured him.

The player didn't make it to the hospital alive, police said. When the news reached his family back at the soccer field, the mob took retribution on Silva.

They stoned him to death.

And they cut his body into pieces.

Police later identified the suspects, easily.

They could be seen clearly in video images of the gory incident recorded with a cell phone.

what a pleasant story. A 20 year old ref who's authority obviously didn't carry an ounce of respect and was bullied after giving a red card, some sources say he was being punched so the stabbing was in self defense, then dies a gruesome death from a mob attack. Disgusting

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)

Last edited by out_here_grindin : 07-07-2013 at 05:58 PM.
out_here_grindin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brazil, soccer referee stabs player then gets stoned to death and dismembered.

Why anyone would ever want to be a football referee is beyond me.

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brazil, soccer referee stabs player then gets stoned to death and dismembered.

Great lead up to the World Cup.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

holy crap
they should ban football in Brazil. People need to be taught a "this is why we can't have nice things" lesson.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #5
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

And this is the country that is holding the world cup?

Disgusting.
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #6
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

But obivouly is a horrendous crime that even for the worst places in the world is very shocking and barbarian.

If you are interested to see more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEIRPT5wi-I

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #7
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
And this is the country that is holding the world cup?

Disgusting.
Well, it will be going to Qatar soon.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #8
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Stay your classy, third-world self "futbol".
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:26 AM   #9
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
Stay your classy, third-world self "futbol".

Aaron Hernandez arrested on suspicion of murder and you say this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:27 AM   #10
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
This happened in the worst place of Brazil, inside Maranhao state. Its poor like Africa. This is like Papua New Guine monkeys killing each other. Nothing to do with world cup cities or civilized brazilians.

why do you want to put this as something typically brazilian is beyond me.
If this had taken place in a favela in the World Cup city of Rio, I would probably not be too surprised.

Do I read between the lines and get the impression that you think the civilized Brazilians are not to be confused with the black Brazilians?
Old 07-08-2013, 03:11 AM   #11
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm so many odd things about the story.

Like first of all why should a 20 year old with anger management issues and a knife on him be ref in a football match.
Then have older men who not respect him provoke and threaten said person. Sounds like a sport alright but more like some bastardized version of human bullfighting than football.

And knowing about brazils cops this must have been waaaaaaay outside or they could have cleaned up that mess before it escalated. They got pretty hardass cops in brazil.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:13 AM   #12
country flag vpmrosulate

vpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond repute

Civilized is overrated. You don't need to be civilized to have a sense of right and wrong.

Oh, and every sport, and many individual teams/players, have produced violent incidents. Should we denounce them all? IMO it's about human nature itself, rather than any surface "cause."

Anyway, I wonder why he had a knife.

del Potro/Nalbandian/Safin
Gulbis/Monfils/Dolgopolov/Tursunov/Giorgi
Davydenko/Janowicz/Verdasco/Lopez
Soderling/Cilic/Blake
vpmrosulate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:15 AM   #13
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

They need to stop giving 3rd world countries prestigious tournaments like WC and Olympics. Nobody sane would go there for fear of getting robbed, ***** and murdered. Why don't they hold WC in a nice and civilized country somewhere in Europe or dare I say it, Asia?
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:20 AM   #14
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Read this story, incredible.

I sometimes ref matches over here, glad I'm living in the Netherlands and not in some slum in Brazil. Although a linesman was kicked to death here a couple of months ago.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:49 AM   #15
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
If this had taken place in a favela in the World Cup city of Rio, I would probably not be too surprised.

Do I read between the lines and get the impression that you think the civilized Brazilians are not to be confused with the black Brazilians?
First of all, the biggest problem of Brazil are not only the slums in big cities, but also the misery in the regions like North and Northeast. Once again, we are talking about Maranhao, one of the states with lower HDI in the whole country.

Yes, this could happen in a slum, but differently from rural cities, slums are very urbanized places where people live near police. People in slums dont kill because of trivial things like a football game, but usually for money and drugs. Yet, we never know what is going to happen. This is the first time we read about such a weird crime like this, but banal reasons to kill another human being could happen in any place.

Also I am not talking about black people, because we dont have many black people living in the state of Maranhao. They are mostly cafuzos or mulatos, a mixture of indian roots with black roots and white roots. Its a different ethnicity than black people, the nordestinos, inhabitants of the states of Maranhao and other states, are usually a mixture of all genres, but usuall they have small stature due to poor nutritional diets. If you want to know where brazilian people suffer more from hunger, its in the called " sertao nordestino", a zone that comprehends the inner regions of Northeast, This is where the crime happened This crime happened in a poor and miserable city located in one of the worst places in Brazil to live.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US

Last edited by Ilovetheblues_86 : 07-08-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote