A New Pope is elected - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #46
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A New Pope is elected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Why can't they pick someone at least somewhat younger? How long will this man last?
I think it's bc they want him to be just a few years not more so they will have a chance
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #47
country flag Nikki♥

Nikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond repute

The Catholic church is a bunch of hypocrites of the highest order. For them crimes against humanity are not as bad as gay marriage and abortion. What a sick world we are living in... and it wouldn't be the first pope in this century with blood on his hands, what a disgrace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Bičuj me mamita!
Nikki♥ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #48
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

They said on tv that he had "at least" one girlfriend.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #49
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki♥ View Post
The Catholic church is a bunch of hypocrites of the highest order. For them crimes against humanity are not as bad as gay marriage and abortion. What a sick world we are living in... and it wouldn't be the first pope in this century with blood on his hands, what a disgrace.
the previous one was in hitlerjugend

dont they have any normal cardinals out there anymore?

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #50
country flag Yves.
Hrvatska!

Yves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond repute

The papacy is very problematic. It should be abolished, but no one with the power to do that, will do it. Because then there will be 1.2 billion angry people.
And non-peaceful ways to do it are even riskier, and of course unethical (yes, I have morality, not from a book). In this case I don't think you should fight fire with fire.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #51
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
the previous one was in hitlerjugend

Yeah, of course, as anyone knows, you can have critical thinking at age 13.

There's nothing in your post. It's just filled with hatred.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #52
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Yeah, of course, as anyone knows, you can have critical thinking at age 13.

There's nothing in your post. It's just filled with hatred.
i did have critical thinking at the age of 13 (just like many kids during II WW had as well), but maybe it depends in what type of family you're raised in

ofc he was raised in this type of country as he was, and his family would suffer social consequences if they didn't support hitler when he was at the peak of power, but for instance in communist occupied poland there were also child organizations where children were sometimes even forced to belong, and they still refused to do it, and suffered in prisons for that (like my grandfather; two of his older friends were tortured to death for being local leaders to our traditional scout organization and refusing to succumb to the new, sovietized one.... it takes guts to not bend to the deadly system...to keep values ahead of your life)

my post was filled with pointing out the problematic selections. we don't talk about random priests, but popes. in the time when church is under so big critique me, as a catholic believer, i would like a pope to be just crystal clear just for the sake of general image which in these days of massmedia counts more than anything.

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #53
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
One of the main persons to denounce Bergoglio is the priest Orlando Yorio, detained in the Mechanic School of the Argentinian Navy -the fearful ESMA, where thousands of people against the military dictatorship were tortured and killed. He stated in the trials of the Military Juntas of 1976 that "Bergoglio never warned us of the danger in which we were. I'm sure that it was himself who gave the list with all of our names to the marines".
well , perez esquivel , one of the most important guy in terms of human rights and winner of the nobel said that bergoglio hadn`t nothing with the genocides......

but I think that bergoglio knows everything
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #54
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i did have critical thinking at the age of 13 (just like many kids during II WW had as well), but maybe it depends in what type of family you're raised in

ofc he was raised in this type of country as he was, and his family would suffer social consequences if they didn't support hitler when he was at the peak of power, but for instance in communist occupied poland there were also child organizations where children were sometimes even forced to belong, and they still refused to do it, and suffered in prisons for that (like my grandfather; two of his older friends were tortured to death for being local leaders to our traditional scout organization and refusing to succumb to the new, sovietized one.... it takes guts to not bend to the deadly system...to keep values ahead of your life)
I stand by what I said. At age 13, all you can know about politics is what your parents told you and you cannot judge him on what he did at that age (all my respect to your grandpa and his friends but it's not an argument). I'm a Jesuit and I believe you can always redeem yourself, certainly from the things you did at age 13.

Quote:
my post was filled with pointing out the problematic selections. we don't talk about random priests, but popes. in the time when church is under so big critique me, as a catholic believer, i would like a pope to be just crystal clear just for the sake of general image which in these days of massmedia counts more than anything.
If this is the kind of criticism that Catholic haters use today, it rather speaks volumes about their dishonesty. There might be reasons to criticize the Church but this is very low.

And mass media, the image question precisely are the problem. Why should we adapt to it? It's brainwashing...
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #55
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Donald Young to become the next pope.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #56
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Donald Young to become the next pope.
Settle down. Everybody said they wanted a young pope, but they didn't mean Donald Young.

Last edited by buddyholly : 03-15-2013 at 03:14 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #57
country flag Caralimon

Caralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
Disgusting decision by the Catholic Church.

There are several reports that this man was heavily involved in the suppression of civil rights during the argentinian dictatorship.
Most people who detented any sort of power during the 70s have been denounced for something (and considering Bergoglio once publicly confrontated the president during the debate for same-sex marriage, it shouldn't come as a surprise). I'm not trying to say he's completely and irrevocably innocent and holy, but it's a common practice in the current government, especially targeting their opponents. I wouldn't read too much into it.
Caralimon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:47 PM   #58
country flag MachimoI

MachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

ofc he was raised in this type of country as he was, and his family would suffer social consequences if they didn't support hitler when he was at the peak of power, but for instance in communist occupied poland there were also child organizations where children were sometimes even forced to belong, and they still refused to do it, and suffered in prisons for that (like my grandfather; two of his older friends were tortured to death for being local leaders to our traditional scout organization and refusing to succumb to the new, sovietized one.... it takes guts to not bend to the deadly system...to keep values ahead of your life

They didn't 'succumb', because they were already indoctrinated as children to be religious and patriotic. Your analogy is invalid. They didn't renounce their patriotism and religion. You're basically defending the previous pope with your example.

Some of the posts in this thread make my IQ go down. The lack of historical insight and the lack of perspective is simply depressing.

-Ernests Gulbis, 2011.
MachimoI is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:33 AM   #59
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachimoI View Post

They didn't 'succumb', because they were already indoctrinated as children to be religious and patriotic. Your analogy is invalid. They didn't renounce their patriotism and religion. You're basically defending the previous pope with your example.

Some of the posts in this thread make my IQ go down. The lack of historical insight and the lack of perspective is simply depressing.
I don't know what you are laughing at. Nathaliia said they didn't succumb because they could not accept the Soviet demands in good conscience and preferred torture rather than betray their consciences. I wish I could be so brave in similar circumstances.
I don't think she was defending the previous pope at all. In fact she was criticizing him, by saying his youth was not a perfect reason to obey the Nazis. In her experience other youths were able to disobey the Soviets at the risk of their lives.
Maybe your IQ is already down.

Last edited by buddyholly : 03-15-2013 at 03:42 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #60
country flag Chair Umpire
Banned!

Chair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond repute

One of the most corrupted institutions in the world is now lead by an argentinian.

No comment.
Chair Umpire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote