A New Pope is elected - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-13-2013, 11:48 PM   #31
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A New Pope is elected

One of the main persons to denounce Bergoglio is the priest Orlando Yorio, detained in the Mechanic School of the Argentinian Navy -the fearful ESMA, where thousands of people against the military dictatorship were tortured and killed. He stated in the trials of the Military Juntas of 1976 that "Bergoglio never warned us of the danger in which we were. I'm sure that it was himself who gave the list with all of our names to the marines".

Old 03-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #32
country flag MachimoI

MachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
Disgusting decision by the Catholic Church.

There are several reports that this man was heavily involved in the suppression of civil rights during the argentinian dictatorship.
Fetishizing civil rights is the new religion of the 21st century, it only makes sense that they're fighting against increased competition.

-Ernests Gulbis, 2011.
MachimoI is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #33
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

if there's one thing worst than a paedophile priest is a far right priest deeply implicated in human rights violations.

There are several things wrong with the Catholic Church but this is just too much to bear. If I wasn't sure of whether I could call myself a Catholic before, I sure I am now.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:54 PM   #34
country flag MachimoI

MachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond reputeMachimoI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
if there's one thing worst than a paedophile priest is a far right priest deeply implicated in human rights violations.

-Ernests Gulbis, 2011.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:57 PM   #35
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachimoI View Post
care to elaborate?

there is a difference between what we typically understand as crimes, as horrendous as they might be, and human rights violations.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:00 AM   #36
country flag Helevorn

Helevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond repute

In the heart of our (poverty-stricken) nation there's another nation run by priests. Enough said.
Helevorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:05 AM   #37
country flag MachimoI

I don't think you've thought it through. What you're saying is essentially - I'd rather have my kids get ***** on a regular basis by the local priest rather than him complying with the current political regime. You're living in a little liberal bubble. Not every society in every part of the world during each point in history has considered liberal democracy to be the only valid, legitimate type of political establishment. In fact, almost half of people on Earth currently don't live in such states. Get some perspective.

-Ernests Gulbis, 2011.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #38
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
I don't think you've thought it through. What you're saying is essentially - I'd rather have my kids get ***** on a regular basis by the local priest rather than him complying with the current political regime. You're living in a little liberal bubble. Not every society in every part of the world during each point in history has considered liberal democracy to be the only valid, legitimate type of political establishment. In fact, almost half of people on Earth currently don't live in such states. Get some perspective.
hmm.. no. i don't prefer that at all and that's obviously not what i said.

as for the rest of your little rant, i don't think you're fully aware of the consequences of the argentinian dictatorship and the millions of families it affected. in spite of the words you put in my mouth, my comment was never meant to be an apology of "liberal democracy" (i never even mentioned any of those terms) but simply a side attack on dictatorship and the complicity of the recently elected pope in its human rights abuses.

as for the rest, i hope you're aware that ancient greece, the historical place which is regarded as the birthplace of western civilization, was also a place in which pedophile wasn't just widespread, it was also accepted. get some perspective.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:22 AM   #39
country flag swebright

swebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond repute

It's about time to elect The Pope from Americas; but he's still an italian decent?

I've read that he's against gay marriage and contraception.
swebright is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:50 AM   #40
country flag MachimoI

Quote:
hmm.. no. i don't prefer that at all and that's obviously not what i said.

as for the rest of your little rant, i don't think you're fully aware of the consequences of the argentinian dictatorship and the millions of families it affected. in spite of the words you put in my mouth, my comment was never meant to be an apology of "liberal democracy" (i never even mentioned any of those terms) but simply a side attack on dictatorship and the complicity of the recently elected pope in its human rights abuses.

as for the rest, i hope you're aware that ancient greece, the historical place which is regarded as the birthplace of western civilization, was also a place in which pedophile wasn't just widespread, it was also accepted. get some perspective.

You're a typical radical liberal fanatic.

A priest is not a political figure. A priest does not simply rebel against the government. That's even assuming what you said is factually correct. Judging him for what he did is incredibly narrow-minded and shows how little you understand the world. The new pope was not a dictator. LOL. If you had ever lived in an authoritarian police state, you'd understand that you can't judge people just for complying with the authorities.

And there's a 'slight' difference between pederasty and pedophilia. That's a mistake only an uneducated person can make. It is absolutely ridiculous to compare **** of pre-pubescent boys with consensual sex between 2 what were then considered adults. In ancient civilizations and pre-history there largely was no such thing as adolescence (due to a much smaller life expectancy, different economic system among other things) and 14-16 year old boys were effectively past the age of consent.

-Ernests Gulbis, 2011.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:27 AM   #41
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't figure out who he reminded me of until now - Johnathon Pryce, who played Peron in the movie Evita.
Scary.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:01 AM   #42
country flag abraxas21

Quote:

You're a typical radical liberal fanatic.

A priest is not a political figure. A priest does not simply rebel against the government. That's even assuming what you said is factually correct. Judging him for what he did is incredibly narrow-minded and shows how little you understand the world. The new pope was not a dictator. LOL. If you had ever lived in an authoritarian police state, you'd understand that you can't judge people just for complying with the authorities.

And there's a 'slight' difference between pederasty and pedophilia. That's a mistake only an uneducated person can make. It is absolutely ridiculous to compare **** of pre-pubescent boys with consensual sex between 2 what were then considered adults. In ancient civilizations and pre-history there largely was no such thing as adolescence (due to a much smaller life expectancy, different economic system among other things) and 14-16 year old boys were effectively past the age of consent.
meh, you're boring me, not only because you can't avoid putting words in my mouth but because, well, you're boring. still, for your reading comprehension's sake, i'll point you your errors:

1- I never said the Pope was a dictator. I said the recently elected Pope was involved in human rights abuses with the complicity of the Argentinean dictatorship. I know it must be hard for you to spot such a "subtle" difference but trust me, there is one.

2- As for the difference between pederasty and pedophilia,it's a matter of which definition you use which might vary from country to country.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:59 AM   #43
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebright View Post
It's about time to elect The Pope from Americas; but he's still an italian decent?

I've read that he's against gay marriage and contraception.

aren't they all?
Old 03-14-2013, 05:53 AM   #44
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

I wish him the best of uck to bring ppl together from all nations, countries, religious, ages, colors, sexual preferences atc atc.

I hope he will understand that a few things need to change, that brith control and condums can save lives and diseases and that gay ppl has the same rights as all of us, they are gods creature like me, u and all so bring instead if divid, it's much more effective.
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #45
Guest12315544
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Guest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond repute

Why can't they pick someone at least somewhat younger? How long will this man last?
Guest12315544 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote