~<Tommy News>~ - Page 55 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-08-2008, 11:51 PM   #811
country flag Happiness

Happiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: ~<Tommy News>~

Thanks Chrissie!!!
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #812
country flag WaynesWorld

WaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~<Tommy News>~

Thanks a lot Chrissie!

Wow how great that Tommy and Rafa will play the doubles there together!!

Rainer Schüttler
Simon Aspelin

Wayne Ferreira Still missing you!!!
WaynesWorld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:13 AM   #813
country flag deanna

deanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you !

.JuanCarlosFerrero.DavidFerrer.
.ArnaudClément.FilippoVolandri.SimoneBolelli.JuanMonaco.
.FernandoGonzalez.FelicianoLopez.
Ferrero Tard #29
deanna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:26 AM   #814
country flag Chrissie_7

Chrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond repute

Berdych, Robredo to Contest Bastad Final

Fourth-seeded Czech Tomas Berdych (pictured) advanced to the final at the Catella Swedish Open for the second time after battling past second-seeded Spaniard Fernando Verdasco 2-6, 6-3, 6-2 in Bastad on Saturday.

In the first time since 1984 that the top four seeds had completed the semifinal line-up, Berdych served eight aces and converted three of six break points, in a match interrupted by rain, to avenge his recent Wimbledon loss against Verdasco. He now will face third-seeded Spaniard Tommy Robredo in the final.

The 22-year-old Berdych first reached the final in Bastad on his debut and finished runner-up to Rafael Nadal. He will now contest his first ATP final since 2007 Halle, where he captured his third ATP singles title with victory over Marcos Baghdatis.

Verdasco is currently enjoying a career-high South African Airways ATP Ranking of No. 13 on the strength of a first grass-court final appearance at Nottingham (l. to Karlovic), a Wimbledon fourth round exit (l. to Ancic), and two quarterfinal finishes at Valencia (l. to Ferrer) and Masters Series Hamburg (l. to Federer).

Berdych, who was a ranked a career-high No. 9 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings on August 20, 2007, is now placed at No. 23. In recording his 23rd victory over Spanish players, he improved his season match record to 21-13. His campaign, until now, has been highlighted by a semifinal exit at the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami (l. to Nadal) and a quarterfinal appearance in Sydney (l. to Guccione).

Third-seeded Spaniard Tommy Robredo knocked out top-seeded compatriot and defending champion David Ferrer 2-6, 6-1, 6-2.

In a match heavily interrupted by rain, Robredo recovered from dropping the first set to break Ferrer four times and avenge his defeats at Valencia and Barcelona earlier this year.

"Against David (Ferrer) today it was very tough," confessed Robredo. "He is obviously one of the best players in the world, ranked No.4 right now, so I knew I would have to play really well to win. I had lost to him twice this year so maybe the third time was the lucky charm. During the rain delay in the second set I talked to my coaches who helped to change the tactics a little bit, which helped me to win the match."

Currently a career-high No. 4 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings, Ferrer was bidding to reach his fourth ATP final of the season and win his third title of the year. The 26-year-old, who has now reached the quarterfinals or better at nine events this season, titled at his home-town event in Valencia (d. Almagro) and captured his first grass-court title at ‘s-Hertogenbosch.

World No. 17 Robredo failed to win back-to-back matches on the ATP circuit until April, but has since reached the Valencia semifinals (l. to Ferrer), the final at Warsaw (l. to Davydenko) and two quarterfinals at Barcelona (l. to Ferrer) and ATP Masters Series Rome (l. to Roddick).

Robredo captured the Bastad title in 2006, defeating Davydenko in the final, and is delighted to have another chance to win the title: "I'm very happy to be in the finals here in Bastad once again," said Robredo. "I like this tournament a lot, the people are very nice, so I always try my best to win the matches. In the final against Tomas (Berdych) I will try to play my game and hopefully I can win the title in Bastad once again."

The Barcelona resident, who improves to 15-52 lifetime against Top 10 players in the South African Airways ATP Rankings, is chasing his sixth ATP singles title and his first since Metz last year (d. Murray).

http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2008ne...d_saturday.asp
Old 07-13-2008, 05:06 PM   #815
country flag KiwiChica

KiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond repute

And the article that comes with it:

Robredo Captures Second Bastad Title

Third-seeded Spaniard Tommy Robredo captured his first title of the season at the Catella Swedish Open in Bastad on Sunday, defeating fourth-seeded Czech Tomas Berdych 6-4, 6-1.

It is the second title in Bastad for Robredo, who was also the champion in 2006 with victory over Nikolay Davydenko. He improves his tournament record to 21-6. The Barcelona resident now has seven career ATP titles; his last one came at Metz last year, where he defeated Andy Murray in the final.

“I am obviously very happy to have won the title here in Bastad once again,” said Robredo. “I love this tournament and it feels great to win it here. I want to thank everyone who makes this tournament happen. The people here are very nice, treat us really well, and this is one of the reasons why the players love to play in Bastad. I am not even going to say that I will be back next year because everyone knows that I will."

The 26-year-old Robredo failed to win back-to-back matches on the ATP circuit until April this season, but has since found his form, reaching the Valencia semifinals (l. to Ferrer), the final at Warsaw (l. to Davydenko) and two quarterfinals at Barcelona (l. to Ferrer) and ATP Masters Series Rome (l. to Roddick).

His title effort this week has improved the World No. 17’s season match record to 26-14 and his lifetime record in ATP singles finals to 7-7. It is his sixth clay-court title.

After a tight first set where one extra break from Robredo was enough to settle it, the right-hander then broke Berdych on three occasions in the first, fifth and seventh games of the second set and performed well on serve throughout, making 82% of first serves to level his series head-to-head with Berdych at 2-2 after 1 hr., 14 min.

The pair first met at the 2004 Athens Olympics, where Berdych won 8-6 in the third set, before Robredo avenged that loss a year later in Dubai. Berdych won their last meeting, and their only previous one on clay, last year at Masters Series Monte-Carlo.

“I felt something in my knee in the sixth game of the match when I was down 3-2,” admitted Berdych. “I'm not sure what is this pain but since I just came back from an ankle injury I was afraid to force too much. The crowd was amazing today so I didn't want to retire without trying. I did everything I could but to beat Tommy when you are 100% is already difficult, imagine when you are not. Tommy played well all week and deserved to win the title."

“It is unfortunate that Tomas felt an injury in his knee in the first set,” commented Robredo. “But I think I deserved to win the title regardless of what happened in the final. I believe that in a tournament you don't win it only in the final, but during the entire week. I played a good match against Jarkko (Nieminen) and yesterday in the semifinal I think I played really well against David (Ferrer)."

In the semifinals, Robredo defeated top seed and defending champion David Ferrer, while Berdych defeated second-seeded Spaniard Fernando Verdasco in the first time since 1984 that the top four seeds had completed the semifinal line-up.

It is the second time that the 22-year-old Berdych has finished as runner-up at Bastad, having also fallen short on his debut in the 2005 final against Rafael Nadal. His event record slips to 7-3.

The former World No. 9 (current No. 23) was searching for his first ATP singles title since 2007 Halle, where he defeated Marcos Baghdatis in the final to captured his third career title. He now drops to 3-4 lifetime in ATP singles finals.

The Monte-Carlo resident has improved to 21-14 for the season on the strength of his run through to the final at Bastad. His season highlights until this week had been a semifinal exit at the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami (l. to Nadal) and a quarterfinal appearance in Sydney (l. to Guccione).

FC ST. PAULI - LIVERPOOL FC - FC BARCELONA

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
KiwiChica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:30 PM   #816
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Kiwi and Chrissie for posting the articles,and pic

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:36 PM   #817
country flag Eruwen
Nando Chica

Eruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond repute

Awww that is a cute picture! He looks so happy

Fernando Verdasco

Rafael Nadal | Feliciano Lopez | Pablo Andujar | Jeremy Chardy | Simone Bolelli | Marco Chiudinelli
Eruwen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:50 PM   #818
country flag WaynesWorld

WaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond reputeWaynesWorld has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot for the articles!!!!!
I looooove that picture!!!
Does anyone have an idea where to find it in a bigger version - would look fabulous on my desktop

Rainer Schüttler
Simon Aspelin

Wayne Ferreira Still missing you!!!
WaynesWorld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:08 PM   #819
country flag Eruwen
Nando Chica

Eruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, no... I think all the photographers were hiding in Bastad this week! I have about 5 or 6 photos from the entire week

Fernando Verdasco

Rafael Nadal | Feliciano Lopez | Pablo Andujar | Jeremy Chardy | Simone Bolelli | Marco Chiudinelli
Old 07-13-2008, 09:11 PM   #820
country flag Happiness

Happiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond repute

I'll post the one I've got from it!!! Not big though!!!

I completely agree with you Gaby!!! They must have been on the beach or the mountains surrounding the tournament, rather than on the tennis courts!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 04:11 AM   #821
country flag deanna

deanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond repute

That picture is adorable! So happy fo him

.JuanCarlosFerrero.DavidFerrer.
.ArnaudClément.FilippoVolandri.SimoneBolelli.JuanMonaco.
.FernandoGonzalez.FelicianoLopez.
Ferrero Tard #29
deanna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:45 PM   #822
country flag Chrissie_7

Chrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article
Old 08-05-2008, 06:03 PM   #823
country flag Chrissie_7

news:

Quote:
Who gets to "cohabit" with Nadal at the Olympics Village? The answer is: Spain's two other tennis players; Tommy Robredo and Nicolas Almagro. Upon arrival at his residence, Nadal impatiently changed from his casual attire, and put on a Spanish delegation shirt, from this moment on, he will fight for Spain.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:58 PM   #824
country flag Eruwen
Nando Chica

Viva España!

Awwww you gotta love Rafa!

Fernando Verdasco

Old 08-06-2008, 04:59 PM   #825
country flag Happiness

Thanks Chrissie