~<Tommy News>~ - Page 47 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-08-2007, 10:30 AM   #691
country flag Happiness

Happiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: ~<Tommy News>~

Thanks sweeties for all that was posted here lately!!!
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2007, 11:09 PM   #692
country flag safinaferrero

safinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~<Tommy News>~

Ok i've finally took the time to translate the interview( the one that was orginally posted in catalan then in castellano) in english, as you know english is not my native language therefore i would appreciate that someone read my translation and correct the mistakes i've made. the interview is nice that would be a shame to have some errors there. feel free to contact me by pm

http://tennisgraphics.blogspot.com
http://tennisticious.blogspot.com & http://quote4ever.blogspot.com

Quote:
Por ti lucharé por todo el cariño que has puesto conmigo
Por todo tu tiempo por haber querido tenerme contigo
Y por tu calor y por tanta magia me quedo contigo
Y por tu calor y por tu carisma te llevo conmigo [...] ECDL
safinaferrero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #693
country flag The PHONENIX

The PHONENIX has a reputation beyond reputeThe PHONENIX has a reputation beyond reputeThe PHONENIX has a reputation beyond reputeThe PHONENIX has a reputation beyond reputeThe PHONENIX has a reputation beyond reputeThe PHONENIX has a reputation beyond reputeThe PHONENIX has a reputation beyond reputeThe PHONENIX has a reputation beyond reputeThe PHONENIX has a reputation beyond reputeThe PHONENIX has a reputation beyond reputeThe PHONENIX has a reputation beyond repute

ok deal.. An by the way.. from whatI Know bout your posts here.. Your English is fine
Old 11-09-2007, 10:22 PM   #694

safinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond reputesafinaferrero has a reputation beyond repute

As i didn't receave any pm here is the translation i've made sorry for the mistakes but i think u'll get the most important there .
Thanks the phoenix honestly i finished my studies a long time ago so apart from chatting with my friends on msn i don't use that much shakespear's language
Off topic: you don't post that much here there are nice xicas there we don't bite

Anyway as promised the interview

Tommy Robredo nowadays is the best tennisman of Cataluña and number 7 in the world ranking ATP, after beginning the season at a high level. The guy from Olot defends the spectacular nature of the tennis nowadays and comes undone in praises speaking about Roger and Rafa Nadal.

After a very good beginning this season: how do feel about theTournament SEAT Godó in Barcelona that starts from April 21 until April 29?

Well i think i will play very well there. I am playing at a good level since I began the season After Ámsterdam, Dubai and Indiana Wells, and now Barcelona. We will see if i can do something there.

Why Federer can say no to the davis Swiss cup team without nothing should happen and on the other hand you have problems for saying no to Spain?

I decided to renunced to the davis cup because I believed that it was the most suitable thing to do for my shape. I needed to rest after months of competition, with the stress that comes with it. Likewise Federer knows what he has to do to fulfill the calendar of competition, me too.That's why I did it, because i needed to stop and rest.

The Catalan sportsmen will always be suspicious in this topic?

To me the Federation said nothing bad . But it is never possible to prevent people to says negative things, and that I do not believe that it is for the fact of being a Catalan. After all, I did what more was convenient for me and in this moment it was not to play and i preferred to stop in order to avoid injuries and loose other competitions that I could be interested at an individual level.

Now you are the best Catalan tennis player of the ATP and the second best Spanish tennis player. What targets do you imagine to face in the future?

The same of always. To keep on improving every day so when i'll retire i could say that I have been the best possible player i could become

After winning a Davis Cup with Spain in 2004, now you must dream as every top tennis player: to win a Grand Slam …

Yes but I do not plan any targets to win titles, but I look for targets of career. I prefere to finish the season and being able to say that I have given everything.

But if you had to choose between winning in Australia, Roland Garros, Wimbledon or USOpen?

I would like winning in Paris. Roland Garros is a proof on clay and it is where i play better my game. It would be a big success for me to triumph in Paris.

Do you believe that Roger Federer can be considered as the best tennis player of all the times after what he is doing?

Without any doubt. What Federer is doing in the last years no other is able of doing it. Time is missing to consider it as the best of the whole history, but I believe that he can obtain it if it does not lower of level and nobody come better.

You still have never defeated Federer. What do you need to finally beat him?

Of the way that he is playing right now it is impossible to win him. To come where he is, you have to be in really good shape, to be very quick because tactically he is very superior to everyone. It is very complicated.

Is it possible that Rafa Nadal is the only one able to beat the Swiss?

Right now it possible that Rafa is the one .
because he is a player with a lot of will and able to retun him many balls. He is the only rival that he has on clay and that he can face as last year.

A few months ago you said that you would steal the style of a Federer and the strenght of a Nadal. Are you closer to have it?

It was a way of marking a target, but not of imitating nobody, but of wanting to be a very complete tennis player. I want to be as I am and so from here working as more as i can. I believe that each one has to find his style of game and that it is possible to take things of other players.

Last year you had great results. Do you feel a little despised by the medias that they always talk about Rafa Nadal?

In a certain way I understand that give more importance to Rafa because he is the number two of the world and on the other hand I am the number seven. Anyway what i would like is that take advantage of the fact that having a phenomenon as Rafa the medias talk more about tennis in this country

Who is the player of tennis who more has inspired you in your game?

None has inspired me. I have always liked different things of every top player without concentrating only on one. For example, the service of Pete Sampras, the backhand of André Agassi or the volleys of Petr Nedved.But good, if you ask to me to choose based on friendliness I remain with Agassi because he was really a champion and a very nearby person. He always had words for everyone.

Is the life of the top tennis players is so glamorous as it seems in the medias?

If glamorous it is understood that it is near to the yellow press it is not. In the reality the life of a tennis player could be sum up like this: traveling always by plane, sleeping in hotels and people treating you very well if you think it's glamourous than it is . It is possible that if it is true that the ambience of the tennis is higher that in other sports for the presence of many VIPs in public, but I am considered to be a very normal person who has been lucky to be able to live of a sport that still enthusiasm me.

How is a normal day in the daily life of Tommy Robredo?
Well trainning very hard, always travel and have few vacation. But you have to accept it, I have never got tired of doing this and i still enjoy playing tennis.

What are the advantages and the drawbacks of being a tennis player?

There are numerous advantages, but i would sum up in the fact that i do what i like the most . And of disadvantages I do not find them. it could be that it implies traveling a lot so i can 't see as much as you would like the family and also the endless hours of waiting in the airports.

Do you believe that there is a very full calendar along the season?

Each one choose the calendar that he wants or can do. And has to be able to plan the stages of rest if you c don't want to end the season by paying it.

The true thing is that a tennis player earn a lots of money and when he retire from the sports life he is still young to recover the lost time. What are the sacrifices you exactly had to make in your life ?

I want to make clear that it's true that we earn a lots of money but not more than another famous sport as football. Plus, there are many expenses. You have to pay to yourself the trainers, the displacements and accommodations, for not mentionning the quantity of taxes that we have to pay when the year is over . And on the sacrifices also they are. When I was very young I had to leave my family in Olot and move in Barcelona. Also you stop the studies early and loose all the friends that you had when you were young and then you have to restart everything from the beginning .

Barcelona is the state capital of tennis...

We can't say that Barcelona is the capital of the tennis in Spain. It has lost importance and now there is cities as Majorca and Valencia. It is not possible to talk about an absolute leadership of Barcelona

For a child who wants to dedicate himself to tennis is it easy to begin?
He has to work a lot when he starts but also when he's a pro.
You always to work but if you don't continue your efforts there will always be others than can beat you.

Nowadays tennis players come very young to the professional circuit but they have a shorter career because of the injuries. Is the physical aspect forced too much?

It is true that lately there appear many young players who give all they have too soon, but it's way too soon to say if they will have a shorter carreer because of that as the phenomenon started recently .

Manolo Orantes was complaining that the application of new technologies in the design of the rackets has provoked in the current tennis that don't promote the skill but the force and the speed...

I believe that the bet by the physical is won because now they are all are taller and stronger than earlier. the genetics improved. The technology helped in the development of the rackets and the physical work of the sportsmen. Everything have been done in order to make the game more fast with more powerful shots

What vision do you have of the feminine tennis?

In girls it is happening exactly the same as the men . They are stronger and here we have players like Serena Williams and Kim Clijsters, that base their game on their physics.

In an interview you mentioned that you would prefer to go out with Maria Kirilenko than with Maria Sharapova. The criterion is merely sports I suppose …

Well (laughs), for the game I prefer Sharapova because she's a real winner/fighter but if the criterion is the beauty then i prefer Kirilenko.

To finish, i'm curious. Tommy is not an alias as many people think. It is your real name Where does it comes from ?

My father was loving the rock opera of the British band The Who so my parents choose the name Tommy.

Questions very personnals
A city to live: Olot
A place to go on holidays/ to visit : At home (Barcelona)
A food: Sashimi
A book: I don't read
A movie: Braveheart
A way to be informated: Internet
Sea or mountain? Mountain
A singer or a band: Dover
A historical character that you would have always wanted to meet: My grand-parents
An actual figure: there are a lot
A sportsman that you admire: Roger Federer and Tiger Woods
A value you admire the most : the simplicity
If one day you could be the president of the organization of united nation what would be the first decision you would take? I would change a lots of things.
What would you take on a desert island? My friends
A secrete desire: Being happy

Quote:
Old 11-09-2007, 11:19 PM   #695
country flag The PHONENIX

The PHONENIX has a reputation beyond reputeThe PHONENIX has a reputation beyond reputeThe PHONENIX has a reputation beyond reputeThe PHONENIX has a reputation beyond reputeThe PHONENIX has a reputation beyond reputeThe PHONENIX has a reputation beyond reputeThe PHONENIX has a reputation beyond reputeThe PHONENIX has a reputation beyond reputeThe PHONENIX has a reputation beyond reputeThe PHONENIX has a reputation beyond reputeThe PHONENIX has a reputation beyond repute

Safinaferrero:All I Can say is Wow..You Done an Excellent job At traslating it to English. Good Job..No Mistakes!!! Nice I Like keep it up!!! An I'll Post here As much as I can But As You know Real life Has A Way of Calling you!!! But Nice interview Thank you..
Old 11-10-2007, 07:05 PM   #696

You are welcome glad the interview makes sense to you it took make some time to do it actually and no pbm i understand that u can't post a lot it also happens to me when i'm busy but anyway feel free to do it

Quote:
Old 11-10-2007, 10:32 PM   #697
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot for the great translation, Amelle

And don´t worry, your english is really great

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:50 PM   #698

You are welcome i thought that the phoenix was the only one that gave a shit to the ITW and thanks *blush* i tried my best

Quote:
Old 11-12-2007, 09:54 PM   #699
country flag thiaela

thiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday he was wachting the game betwen Roddick and Davydenko ...

He looks so cute ...
Old 11-13-2007, 05:37 PM   #700
country flag sonia

sonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond repute

He's cute

Thanks for the info Thiaela! Gracias!
Old 11-16-2007, 02:09 PM   #701

Interview (in spanish)i've found it's a pdf document.
Click here

Quote:
Old 11-17-2007, 05:23 AM   #702
country flag thiaela

thiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia View Post
He's cute

Thanks for the info Thiaela! Gracias!
Welcome ...

Somebody knows if he was in the macht between Ferrer and Nadal?
Old 11-17-2007, 05:25 AM   #703
country flag thiaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by safinaferrero View Post
Interview (in spanish)i've found it's a pdf document.
Click here
thank u

Old 12-06-2007, 07:07 PM   #704

You are welcome

I posted this article in the tommy schedule thread but as it's also a news i repost it here

Quote:
ATP de Viña va por Robredo para reemplazar a Cañas

SANTIAGO.- Álvaro Fillol se sorprende con la lesión que tendrá durante cuatro meses alejado de las canchas al argentino Guillermo Cañas (15°). "Supongo que me llamarán de un momento a otro para avisarme", dice con bastante relajo para ser el director de un torneo que tenía al trasandino como el segundo jugador más importante según el ranking.

"Obviamente que era una carta importante para el campeonato, pero estábamos haciendo gestiones para sumar a algún jugador español. Son conversaciones muy preliminares, pero nos gustaría traer a Tommy Robredo, (10°), con quien ya habíamos tenido algunos acercamientos", cuenta Fillol a Emol.

El organizador del principal torneo tenístico del país reveló además que "con Tommy siempre bromeamos que él nos debe una visita al torneo y capaz que esta sea la ocasión de cobrarla. Nosotros le dimos un wild card cuando él empezaba (en 2001, perdió con Fernando González en primera ronda).

Fillol agrega que "podríamos sumar un segundo español, podría ser Verdasco, es decir, por jugadores no nos vamos a quedar y lo importante es que la gente sepa que otra vez tendremos un gran torneo para que la gente pueda disfrutarlo".

El director del abierto de Viña del Mar, que se jugará entre el lunes 28 de enero y el domingo 3 de febrero, también comentó que tanto el court central como las canchas adyacentes están construidas. "Las canchas ya están listas, el jueves estaré en el Club Naval para ver cómo marcha eso y en una reunión de coordinación", para ver como haremos el armado de todos los otros elementos, como las graderías, los stands, etc.

El ATP de Viña del Mar ya confirmó a Fernando González (7°), su figura más importante por lejos, ya que no sólo es el mejor tenista chileno, sino que es el mejor rankeado de todos los jugadores que intervendrán. Además del pupilo de Larry Stefanski, el torneo aseguró a los argentinos Juan Martín del Potro, Juan Ignacio Chela y Juan Mónaco, además del viñamarino Nicolás Mass

Quote:
Old 12-07-2007, 07:53 AM   #705
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

This year, I'll attend to Viña del Mar, so I hope Tommy will be there

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote