~<Tommy News>~ - Page 35 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-01-2007, 07:12 PM   #511
country flag Chrissie_7

Chrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~<Tommy News>~

anytime
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2007, 10:22 AM   #512
country flag VamosEspaña

VamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond repute

Robredo: "Tanto Nadal como Federer están por encima de lo normal"
(an interview with a photo)

http://www.diarioadn.com/deporte/detail.php?id=33645

Free Web Translation (http://www.freetranslation.com/)

Robredo: "As much Nadal as Federer above the normal thing"
David Bigorra, Barcelona
Is the second better Spanish tennis player. The number seven world. And a privileged one is considered by live on the sport that more loves. It reserved, and in constant fight by the search of the simplicity between the glamour and the large flashes of its sport, Tommy Robredo is coached five daily hours with an only objective: to arrive, if is able, where itself codean Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.

¿It will win Nadal Wimbledon some day?
Never it can be told that not with Rafa, because has done, and is doing, very good... things But is a very complicated tournament. Very hard.

¿Which is the greater virtue of Nadal?
Without doubt its mental force is one of its strong points. Knowing to endure everything that endures is nothing easy.

The sorrows Nadal-Federer begin to be already a classic.
Yes, as much Nadal as Federer are above the normal thing. The people at times tells me: "These win more parties than you". And I respond: "Already, but it is neither so normal what are doing". Neither Even Sampras, that was a phenomenon, did it!

¿Federer is the best tennis player of the history?
Each time is more near it. It is a player that has shown that everything that be planted finishes it obtaining. Only him it is resisted Roland Garros and carries two years playing the end.

¿What lacks you to arrive where they are Federer and Nadal?
Already is very complicated to be where I am... AND I am not very far from them. He I lack to improve things, to endure better than head in some moments...

¿How he is to be the second better Spanish tennis player?
It is not a thing to which a lot of importance give him. One must go improving day by day to be above the all. If was the second better Spanish tennis player, but was in the position 20, would not be so I please as I am being him the number seven.

¿He lives eclipsed by the 'Nadalmanía'?
He is clear that is spoken a lot of him, but, more than eclipsing, the Nadalmanía should serve to open doors to other tennis players. And many times the phenomenon is not focused thus. I am the Spanish better second, and I have things that to offer. David Ferrer is the 13 of the world and the people does not know him. To all we like to see how Rafa leaves in the cover sheets and desire, but...

¿Is possible to be a normal person in the meantime 'glamour'?
I play to tennis because i like, but when I leave the trail I want to be like the others. Normal. Catching the car and to beep to which I have before, as does everyone.

The herb is a very complicated surface for the Spanish tennis.
Yes, for us is a very difficult surface. But we try to improve it. It depends also of the picture that touch... you If you play before rival of fast trail is difficult.

¿Which is the greater difficulty?
The ball little boot, and therefore we have to play very to the defensive. Normally, the outside players play a lot more to the attack that we. And they do us more damage.

The best of their participation in Wimbledon was to know to The Who, of where their name...comes
Yes, my name my parents in honor of their fourth album they put it me. It is not good to fall soon in the tournaments, in this case in second round, but Wimbledon is not given me very well... The encounter with the Who was a great pleasure. I knew to the two that still they are alive and we were my father and I with them in the concert that gave.

Some days ago appeared naked in a magazine, ¿was a difficult decision?
It was not easy, but upon being a beneficial action, against the cancer, the decision facilitated me. I passed it a little badly, because I did it in a terrace of a hotel and saw the cars passing, the people... Was a little uncomfortable.

You said that the ATP did not know about tennis. It maintains it?
Me do not I repent of what I said. He agreed not with many of his decisions.

¿They they toldhim something by their words?
Only that it did not tell before the press, that is a conflict that should remain among us.

¿What does when is not centered in the tennis?
I go to my house of Olot and I go to the mountain. I disconnect practicing barranquismo with friends.

¿Barranquismo?
Yes, but volume measures. I am neither a kamikaze! Also I mount in quad... I Try to do different things, that me they recall not to the tennis.
VamosEspaña is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:47 AM   #513
country flag Francine

Francine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I passed it a little badly, because I did it in a terrace of a hotel and saw the cars passing, the people... Was a little uncomfortable.
Oh my god I can just imagine people standing there going like .
Francine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:04 PM   #514
country flag Happiness

Happiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: ~<Tommy News>~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francine View Post
Oh my god I can just imagine people standing there going like .
I know where that was taken and trust me it's not that easy!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 03:41 PM   #515
country flag Chrissie_7

Chrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond reputeChrissie_7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness View Post
I know where that was taken and trust me it's not that easy!!!
Poor Tommy
Old 07-12-2007, 05:18 PM   #516
country flag VamosEspaña

VamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond repute

Tommy plays in Stuttgart

He's got the 3rd and last Wild Card

http://www.ftd.de/sport/tennis/news/...rt/225230.html
VamosEspaña is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:29 PM   #517
country flag Francine

Francine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond repute

Good, I hope does well there I had hoped he would go to Amersfoort because the field isn't as strong as in Stuttgart, but I'm glad he's playing next week.
Francine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:25 PM   #518
country flag B.B.

B.B. has a reputation beyond reputeB.B. has a reputation beyond reputeB.B. has a reputation beyond reputeB.B. has a reputation beyond reputeB.B. has a reputation beyond reputeB.B. has a reputation beyond reputeB.B. has a reputation beyond reputeB.B. has a reputation beyond reputeB.B. has a reputation beyond reputeB.B. has a reputation beyond reputeB.B. has a reputation beyond repute

Stuttgart definitely has the stronger field... I'd love to know if he chose to go there or if it was the only option.
I'm glad he's playing too though, I just hope he has a good run in this one so he can get that confidence level back up. Going out like that is Bastad was a pretty big blow.

I hadn't seen that article yet! @ the balcony thing! "a little uncomfortable" he says! You have to hand it to him, he knows how to get the maximum exposure.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:02 PM   #519
country flag Eruwen
Nando Chica

Eruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.B. View Post
he knows how to get the maximum exposure.
Literally

Too bad he's not coming to Amersfoort... Maybe I could've seen him on Sunday then! But I just hope he'll do well... he can definitely use a confidence boost right now!

Fernando Verdasco

Rafael Nadal | Feliciano Lopez | Pablo Andujar | Jeremy Chardy | Simone Bolelli | Marco Chiudinelli
Eruwen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:09 PM   #520
country flag KiwiChica

KiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond repute

If everything works out, I'll be in Stuttgart for a day. It's gonna be pure stress: getting up very early (I am so not used to that anymore), board a train to Stuttgart, hang out at the tournament for the whole day, and go back in the late evening. I'll be dead afterwards, but ah well ... the things I'd do for Tommy!

FC ST. PAULI - LIVERPOOL FC - FC BARCELONA

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
KiwiChica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:15 PM   #521
country flag Eruwen
Nando Chica

Eruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond repute

But he's so worth it!

Fernando Verdasco

Rafael Nadal | Feliciano Lopez | Pablo Andujar | Jeremy Chardy | Simone Bolelli | Marco Chiudinelli
Eruwen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:59 PM   #522
country flag KiwiChica

KiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruwen View Post
But he's so worth it!
... which is pretty much why I think I'll really pull this one off. I'll check train connections and all tomorrow, try getting a ticket for Wednesday (that's when most of the action should take place, anyway, and if he's out by then - which Heaven forbid! - it's bad luck, but at least I TRIED), and do it.

I'll let you know.

FC ST. PAULI - LIVERPOOL FC - FC BARCELONA

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
KiwiChica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:16 PM   #523
country flag Happiness

Happiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VamosEspaña View Post
Tommy plays in Stuttgart

He's got the 3rd and last Wild Card

http://www.ftd.de/sport/tennis/news/...rt/225230.html
Thanks a lot for the information!

VAMOS TOMMY!!! A POR STUTTGART!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 10:19 PM   #524
country flag Happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francine View Post
Good, I hope does well there I had hoped he would go to Amersfoort because the field isn't as strong as in Stuttgart, but I'm glad he's playing next week.
I agree with you Francine! Maybe Amersfoort would be less competitive, but I believe that we might have a few surprises there!!!

Besides, the last time Tommy got a wild card he managed to get to the semi-finals!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 10:24 PM   #525
country flag Happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.B. View Post
Stuttgart definitely has the stronger field... I'd love to know if he chose to go there or if it was the only option.
I'm glad he's playing too though, I just hope he has a good run in this one so he can get that confidence level back up. Going out like that is Bastad was a pretty big blow.

I hadn't seen that article yet! @ the balcony thing! "a little uncomfortable" he says! You have to hand it to him, he knows how to get the maximum exposure.
I'm sure Tommy will get back his confidence! He's a great player and has within him the ability to do so!!!

I might say it wasn't that difficult ... Because the balcony is at a very high level and indeed the cars and people pass by, but like two floors below!!!

Probably it was more likely that Tommy could see everyone and everything from up there, without getting recognized!!!

But I can imagine it wasn't that confortable since that day was a cold one and it even rained a little!!!