All About Ernests - Interviews and Articles - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #91
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All About Ernests - Interviews and Articles

but Simon did mention that Janowicz has become the new guy players don't like very much on tour due to some comments he's made. Previously, he said, that position was held by Almagro and Soderling.

Although Ernests has always been outspoken, it seems he is liked by a lot of the players. I'm sure not everyone likes him, you can't please everyone, but for what I've seen a lot of players seem to enjoy him. We have seen so many great interactions on the court! I'm sure his flare with humor is a big part of his likability!

Regarding Haas, I have mixed feelings on his comment. I can see the humor in it, but as a long-time Gulbis fan, I too get tired of comments about Ernests being directed towards his money or off court lifestyle. It's all we hear, and usually in a negative tone. Everyone builds up his family's wealth, but he is not the only player who comes from wealth and Ernests himself tries to downplay it. A lot of people feel money and a hunger to win are mutually exclusive things but I don't agree. Money can be a great motivator when you have to provide for yourself and a family, but it's not the only motivator.
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #92
country flag Soluschka

Soluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond repute

again a funny facebook chat for those who can handle some laugh about Ernie and the other players

http://tenngrand.com/2013/07/11/face...ing-wimbledon/
Soluschka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:31 AM   #93
country flag kryptonmania

kryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond reputekryptonmania has a reputation beyond repute

Gulbis Hits The Mark On Break Points
2013 Break Points Converted Leaders
by ATP Staff

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...ts-Leader.aspx

Beware Ernests Gulbis when you are facing break point. The Latvian leads the ATP MatchFacts in break points converted this season, capitalising on 102 of 213 opportunities with a conversion rate of 48 per cent in 33 matches.

Rafael Nadal has created 416 break point chances in 46 matches this season and is currently in third position with a 46 per cent conversion rate. He is behind Nikolay Davydenko, who has converted 94 of his 204 opportunities (46 per cent) in 33 matches this year.

Kei Nishikori (45 per cent) and Juan Monaco, Florian Mayer, Ivan Dodig, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, David Ferrer – all with 44 per cent - and Nicolas Almagro with 43 per cent make up the rest of the current Top 10.

World No. 38 Gulbis has enjoyed form resurgence this season, compiling a 24-12 match record. He shone in notable performances against Nadal at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells and the Internationali BNL d’Italia in Rome, pushing the Spaniard to 7-5 and 6-4 in the third sets respectively. He created nine break points in the Rome contest, converting four of them.

Proving his credentials against the best in the world, Gulbis won five of his eight break points in a 6-2, 6-0 win over then-World No. 9 Janko Tipsarevic in Indian Wells, and in knocking out No. 7 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga at Wimbledon he broke serve three times from eight chances. Tsonga is third for service games won this season.

In his 10 years on tour, Gulbis is yet to finish in the Top 10 for break points converted. It is his most successful category so far this season, but he has also performed well on first serve points won, turning in a 77 per cent mark for the first seven months of the year – the sixth best score on the ATP World Tour. Milos Raonic leads that category with 80 per cent in 29 matches. Gulbis also ranks among the Top 10 (No. 10) for break points saved (67 per cent).
kryptonmania is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:52 AM   #94
country flag CatBernet

CatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting this. I don't think we hear too much positive from the ATP about him.
CatBernet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:04 AM   #95
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Interview (from tournament website)

E. Gulbis / F. Lopez
7/6, 6/4

Interview Ernests GULBIS

Q. You had a lot of success in your first rounds this year, winning thirteen out of fourteen matches, are you satisfied with your level of play?
R. We can always do better. The first matches are good, actually. But I have not played very well on clay, since one or two months. I could have played better at Wimbledon, but I had a bad match against Verdasco.

Q. What did you think of the short today?
R. I thought it was good, just right. This is the first tournament on hard for some time, everyone misses the ball and evil. This is also true in training. Nothing new ...

Q. How do you feel about the return on hard courts, it is easier for you?
R. Returns for service? To the surface, it goes well. I had a week of rest during which I did not much trained. I was not working very well when I returned. I was in the Hamptons to acclimate myself quietly. I came early here on Thursday evening. I played points and I also did the usual tedious work. All is well. Today's game was very important. He gave me extra confidence. At the beginning of the game, you've probably noticed that I made four double faults, I do not normally do. It's just a lack of confidence, a lack of matches. If we can win the first game, it becomes much easier to win the following.

Q. Do you like Montreal?
R. I love this city.

Q. Preferences for the next round?
R. Not really, I do not care.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #96
country flag Eliande

Eliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLighthouse View Post
Interview (from tournament website)

E. Gulbis / F. Lopez
7/6, 6/4

Interview Ernests GULBIS

Q. You had a lot of success in your first rounds this year, winning thirteen out of fourteen matches, are you satisfied with your level of play?
R. We can always do better. The first matches are good, actually. But I have not played very well on clay, since one or two months. I could have played better at Wimbledon, but I had a bad match against Verdasco.

Q. What did you think of the short today?
R. I thought it was good, just right. This is the first tournament on hard for some time, everyone misses the ball and evil. This is also true in training. Nothing new ...

Q. How do you feel about the return on hard courts, it is easier for you?
R. Returns for service? To the surface, it goes well. I had a week of rest during which I did not much trained. I was not working very well when I returned. I was in the Hamptons to acclimate myself quietly. I came early here on Thursday evening. I played points and I also did the usual tedious work. All is well. Today's game was very important. He gave me extra confidence. At the beginning of the game, you've probably noticed that I made four double faults, I do not normally do. It's just a lack of confidence, a lack of matches. If we can win the first game, it becomes much easier to win the following.

Q. Do you like Montreal?
R. I love this city.

Q. Preferences for the next round?
R. Not really, I do not care.
Interesting stuff. Let's hope his confidence is back now.
Eliande is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #97
country flag eze

eze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond repute

A short article and video interview: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...ori-Mayer.aspx
eze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #98
country flag takuma

takuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond repute

Was it a Google translation from French?
Ex.: "short" instead of "court", or this one: "misses the court and evil"
takuma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #99
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuma View Post
Was it a Google translation from French?
Ex.: "short" instead of "court", or this one: "misses the court and evil"
Yes, sorry didn't mention it.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #100

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

The Rogers Cup is having a Q&A session with Ernests today! Send your questions to @CoupeRogers with the #AskErnie
Unfortunately I will not be @ Montreal anymore nor did I get to do press as I wanted. Will try to get some interviews in next week in Cincinnati so if you have questions for Ernests or players in general feel free to message them to me or @TheTravelingFG
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 08-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #101
country flag eze

eze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Courtney, I don´t know how to tweet so i´ll just post here If you get to do an interview in Cincy, could you ask him if he has some superstitions on court. I noticed in IW that he does a tapping thing with his bottle before putting it down, it looked like he did it in the same special rythm each time (for me it seemed it was the tune they play in icehockey before SARAUJ).

Crossing fingers that you get your press pass
eze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze View Post
Courtney, I don´t know how to tweet so i´ll just post here If you get to do an interview in Cincy, could you ask him if he has some superstitions on court. I noticed in IW that he does a tapping thing with his bottle before putting it down, it looked like he did it in the same special rythm each time (for me it seemed it was the tune they play in icehockey before SARAUJ).

Crossing fingers that you get your press pass
You can also message me through The Traveling Fan Girl Facebook page, or PM me here. Posting in the thread works too. GREAT question! I've also wondered about that too and have since forgotten to ask about it. I will have a press pass, but due to the amount of media I will only have access during Qualifier weekend. I'm hoping they let me do some pre-tournament interviews with the players. We'll see. If not I might just ask him a few questions after I see him practice in a non official matter.
#ToNameAFew

ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 08-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #103
country flag Eliande

Eliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond repute

Forgive my ignorance, but how that twitter thing works exactly? Where could one even read his answers to the questions asked? Or is it done on the tournament website? I feel totally obsolete...
Old 08-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliande View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but how that twitter thing works exactly? Where could one even read his answers to the questions asked? Or is it done on the tournament website? I feel totally obsolete...
They are just taking questions off twitter and will ask him some @ the Q&A. I assume they will be updating with a video or some kind of transcript later today for everyone to know the answers!
#ToNameAFew

ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 08-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #105
country flag Eliande

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingFanGirl View Post
They are just taking questions off twitter and will ask him some @ the Q&A. I assume they will be updating with a video or some kind of transcript later today for everyone to know the answers!
Thank you so much. I really had no idea. Thanks again.