All About Ernests - Interviews and Articles - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #16
country flag eze

eze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All About Ernests - Interviews and Articles

Ernests Gulbis on fake congrats from peers, chances of Sony Open wild card

INDIAN WELLS, Calif. — Rafael Nadal put an end to Ernests Gulbis’ 13-match win streak Wednesday, defeating the Latvian qualifier 4-6, 7-6. 7-5 in the fourth round of the BNP Paribas Open. Since losing in an ATP Challenger in Bergamo, Italy, at the beginning of February, Gulbis has only lost three times, each to a top-10 player (Tomas Berdych, Juan Martin del Potro and now Nadal). Asked whether he felt players feared his top-10 form, Gulbis laughed.

“Who’s gonna [say], ‘Hey, Ernests, I’m scared of you?’” he said. ”No, I try to not pay attention to it. It’s tough to have good, nice relationships on the tour. Unfortunately, everybody is a little bit — they congratulate you but with a look in their eye that they don’t mean it.

“If I congratulate somebody, I mean it. Usually I don’t congratulate people. Honestly. Because if I don’t mean it why open my mouth? I say what I mean, and when I get not that in return, then I’m just — I do my stuff here, I eat, and then I spend as much time as possible outside of the facilities always, in every tournament.”

With his fourth-round performance at Indian Wells, Gulbis will rise to No. 55 on Monday. The tough news for him is that he may still be stuck in the qualifying tournament at the Sony Open next week in Miami. Though one main-draw wild card is still open, Gulbis isn’t confident he’ll get it.

“I can ask, but I don’t think somebody’s going to give a Latvian guy a wild card, let’s be honest,” Gulbis said with a shrug. “Doesn’t matter how good he plays.”
eze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #17
country flag eze

eze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond repute

And the transcript of press conference after yesterday´s match is out:
http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=87379

We are gonna see him around a couple of years
Old 03-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #18
country flag CelinaCarpina

CelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond repute

I just love how real he is, no bs. And that's also really good to hear, tennis would never be the same without him. <3

"Gulbis is a beautiful player with a beautiful game. Such a rarity on the ATP tour.
"
DIMITROV GULBIS LEJNIEKS RAONIC MURRAY TOMIC FEDERER * IVANOVIC SHARAPOVA ROBSON AZARENKA CLIJSTERS
xoxoitscelinacarpina.tumblr.com
TeamGrisho.tumblr.com
hellyeahbernietomic.tumblr.com

CelinaCarpina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #19
country flag Stronga23

Stronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond repute

I love you Ernie so much you are amazing in tennis and in life. Please play for 5-6 years

Stronga,Monfils,DelPo,Nalbandian,Berdych,Gulbis,Ha as and Djokovic are the players I support the most.
Stronga23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:20 PM   #20
country flag osmonde

osmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice article...
"Maybe I lose first round in qualifying in Miami, but at this stage it doesn’t matter, I made my goal. I’m back to top 100. I’m close to 50..."

NADAL WINS THE BATTLE BUT GULBIS IS READY FOR THE WAR
14 march 2013
By Alix Ramsay
Tennishorts.

http://www.tennishorts.com/nadal-win...y-for-the-war/

-
osmonde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:29 PM   #21
country flag osmonde

osmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond repute

LIVE ANALYSIS OF GULBIS=NADAL MATCH.

and final thoughts very positive.

http://www.changeovertennis.com/live...s-fourth-round

-

Last edited by osmonde : 03-14-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:16 AM   #22
country flag deyaT87

deyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond repute

"so you're gonna see me around a couple years"
best part of interview
It's nice to read how well you react about his interview and other stuff about him without negative comments...I feel like I'm his lawyer in Serbia when some site published an article about him, his interview etc people always leave negative comments, don't say that they are all bad, but there's plenty...how he could say that he can beat Nadal,he is prepotent,arrogant,13 match in a row it's not big deal he beat average players etc.. and I always try to defend him.
I think that honesty is not appreciated
I think for people in Serbia are only Novak, Janko and Viktor (when they play good) Nadal and Federer.
deyaT87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #23
country flag osmonde

Recap OF IW by tennistrandstand:

ERNESTS GULBIS STORMS BACK
Maude Watson

ONE TO WATCH ERNESTS GULBIS

Okay, Ernests Gulbis has been “one to watch” on more than one occasion throughout his career, but after a thirteen match win-streak and a near upset of Nadal in the Round of 16 in Indian Wells, maybe this time, the label will stick.
The Latvian may lack the looks and some of the charm of Marat Safin, but he’s definitely the closest thing tennis currently has to the charismatic Russian. He’s unabashedly confident and honest, from declaring he didn’t fear Nadal and had the goods to beat the Spaniard, to his calling out his peers for what he perceives to be fake congratulations.
Love him or hate him, he calls it like he sees it. He’s also always had the talent to pull off a plethora of shots to flummox his opponents and thrill the crowds, but the consistency has been lacking. After winning a title in Delray Beach and nearly booking a quarterfinal berth in Indian Wells, however, things could be turning around.
At 24, Gulbis is starting to mature. He’s starting to make strides at controlling his temper and keeping the bad patches of play short and to a minimum over the course of a match. We’ll have to wait and see how he fares in the coming weeks, but if this guy has truly put it together, the rest of the field better be on alert.

http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/2013...e-friday-five/

Last edited by osmonde : 03-16-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #24
country flag osmonde

FROM 10BALLS.COM

NADAL SURVIVES AN EPIC ERNESTS GULBIS

Written by: Shubert on 13th March 2013

http://www.10sballs.com/2013/03/13/n...rnests-gulbis/
Old 03-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #25
country flag osmonde

(He is one of the 5 heros chosen in this article. Not bad)

HEROES AND ZEROS OF INDIAN WELLS.
Tennisnow.
Chris Oddo.

Hero: Ernests Gulbis

Ernests Gulbis smashed racquets and waxed poetic like he always does at Indian Wells, providing highlights and quotes that us blogger-types love.

But he also played some transcendent tennis to reach the round of 16 from qualifying (he defeated Janko Tipsarevic and Andreas Seppi), and some gritty, gutty tennis against Nadal to nearly pull what would have been a massive upset, especially considering how well Nadal had to play to beat him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0B9r6u32Ork

http://www.tennisnow.com/News/Heroes...urse,-Raf.aspx
Old 03-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #26
country flag eze

Thanks for the last articles, Osmonde
Old 03-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #27
country flag eze

This is funny, some Ernests refferences too
http://tenngrand.com/2013/03/18/face...-indian-wells/
Old 03-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #28
country flag deyaT87

deyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky 13 : "he heard I am already training on clay"
deyaT87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #29
country flag eze

Ernests racket smash and kick to the Corona sign is in the 3 min IW review video on ATP, hopefully next year he will be one of the stars of the highlights

Last edited by eze : 03-19-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #30
country flag osmonde

Part of IW review
Tom Tebbutt

DON’T MESS WITH THE SHARK

Back in January during the Australian Open I noted that Ernests Gulbis had a full page and a picture in the 2013 ATP Media Guide.
I questioned why Gulbis, No. 139 in the 2012 year-end rankings, was in the book and Vasek Pospisil, ranked ahead of him at No. 129, was not.

Greg Sharko, the Editor-In-Chief and all-round stats brainiac, explained they had two wild cards – Gulbis and Dmitry Tursunov, ranked No. 125 at the end of 2012 – that they decided to include in the book based mainly on past records.

Not surprisingly, Sharko now looks like a genius – while Pospisil currently ranks No. 127, so far this year Gulbis has shot up to No. 55 and Tursunov has improved to No. 71.

BTW – Gulbis elected not to play the Sony Open, where he would have had to play in qualifying as he did at the BNP Paribas Open.

http://www.tenniscanada.com/index.ph...MARIA&pid=4455