All About Ernests - Interviews and Articles - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-29-2013, 03:39 AM   #151
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All About Ernests - Interviews and Articles

Oh yeah! You aren't going to be happy with my Cincinnati coverage either.
Most of the time it's hard to actually plan what I'm going to say to him. I have all these things to say, then I forget it once he's in front of me. Luckily we've gotten to the point in our relationship when he can see I'm blanking on something to say so he'll ask me a question. Sometimes he can be helpful! I'll TRY to remember that for Indian Wells, which should be my next tournament. Shame I didn't go to NY. That would have been the best chance of me thinking about it since he cut his hair so short!
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #152
country flag takuma

takuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, sorry TravelingFanGirl, but I'm not buying your reports without haircuts and scalp massage topics either. Thought we had a deal?? Indian Wells is your chance to make things right!
takuma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #153

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Tough crowd, man! Tough crowd!
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 08-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #154
country flag osmonde

osmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond repute

For his birthday, someone wrote a tumblr with all his best quotes, we already know most of them but good to read a recap while he is off court now.

Ernests Gulbis:quote machine

http://triumphsanddisasters.tumblr.c...-quote-machine

Last edited by osmonde : 08-30-2013 at 04:45 PM.
osmonde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #155

Oh hey, look at that! My blog post from Cincinnati is FINALLY uploaded here! Keep your eyes pealed on The Traveling Fan Girl Facebook page where all my photos will be posted at some point.

Also, I forgot to mention this in my Montreal blog entry so I'll give you a cute MTF exclusive: The awkward moment when Ernests and I say "Hi how are you?!" at the exact same moment, then stare & smile at each other while we wait for the other to respond. None of us did!
#ToNameAFew

ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 09-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #156
country flag CatBernet

CatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond repute

So you clearly have a rapport with Ernests. He knows who you are and he appreciates you and must want to appear in your blog. If he didn't, he would find a way...or someone he travels with would find a way to tell you to get lost. I think you could ask some questions...we could learn something we don't already know. I'm curious about whatever sort of education he received after he started doing tennis as a career, which I think he did fairly young. And as touched on earlier, some of us are very interested in his hair
CatBernet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:09 AM   #157

They are aware of my blog and they haven't run from me yet, so it's a good sign! I am constantly expanding my site, and I'd like to do a lot with Ernests if he'd let me. I'd love to do interviewers that get into things that haven't yet been talked about. Being a fangirl, I'd like to talk about a lot of things you want to know as well! I always encourage you to message me here or on The Traveling Fan Girl to let me know if you have any new questions or old questions you want expanded on so when I do get a chance to sit down with him, I have plenty to ask! Hopefully next year we'll be able to do some fun things for my site and make all of you very happy! I will also try to slip in some questions whenever I get to talk to him after practices and things but sometimes I forget everything I'm going to say in those moments. I swear I'll get used to his face at some point!

In past interviews he has mentioned his interest in film study, but his schedule didn't work for placement testing so he wasn't able to start classes. In future interviews I'd like to tackle every subject imaginable so I'll certainly keep it in mind!
#ToNameAFew

ask.fm/FangirlCourtney

Last edited by TravelingFanGirl : 09-07-2013 at 01:13 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #158
country flag eze

eze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond repute

At one point he was enrolled in Art Academy of Latvia, Art History Faculty, but he didn´t really have time for attending lectures because of tennis. I guess it is still pending (the enrollment) for whenever/if he decides to return to it.
eze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #159
country flag Eliande

Eliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze View Post
At one point he was enrolled in Art Academy of Latvia, Art History Faculty, but he didn´t really have time for attending lectures because of tennis. I guess it is still pending (the enrollment) for whenever/if he decides to return to it.
That's quite interesting. It would be good for him if he could resume his studies later on.
Eliande is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:15 AM   #160
country flag CatBernet

CatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond repute

CatBernet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #161
country flag Eliande

Eliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBernet View Post
I guess things have changed now...
Eliande is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #162
country flag Soluschka

Soluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.gotennis.ru/read/news/ern...at_domoji.html

press conference of today..( just a quick translation- I am sorry but my English is not the best ) Maybe someone has more time to do the whole interview. My translation is more like a summary. I just found it interesting, what he said again about Novak Djokovic, because of all the discussion of the last days

He says, that he wasn´t satified the way he played today, because he played defensively and waited for Zopps errors. It worked in the first set, but in the second Zopp was a bit more lucky and he lost concentration. Then he was looking for outside factors e.g the spectators. He says, that he has to be more aggressive, if he wants to win the tournament. He also mentioned, that during the match he wasn´t able to show his real skills, he just wanted to keep the ball within the lines. But it was enough to win today. He also said that Jürgen is a good player but he was also far away from the level he can play, but Ernests thinks that Jürgen will be able to come back on tour.
For him its also strange to be the best (seeded) player in the tournament and he feels a lot of pressure because of that. This is why he just wants to win the matches and then fly home. He says that he doesn´t think, that he is the best player of the tournament or the favourite, but his ranking is the best ( I just wanted to translate this, because of all the haters, who will think that Ernie is becoming arrogant again)..
But he really wants to win this tournament!

They are also talking about the rackets in Ernies bag and that he has 7 with him( so maybe he can destroy some) At some tournaments he just had two rackets with him and then he knew that he must not destroy one.

about the US Open: We already heard most of the things he said:
He felt good, practised good ( with Gasquet for example)and people said that he was playing really good, but during the match against AHM he did not feel well and he also had some problems with his health.

The interviewer also asked him about the NOVAK-changing-statement and Ernests:
"Everyone of us has changed. And it would be funny if he was the same person as he was with 12.."
He also talks and practices normally with Novak and that he doesn´t have any problem with him.(Until now ) He just feels, that he has changed and on the one hand he says that its normal that he has changed, but he doesn´t really understand people , who change because of money/success..
he thinks that Novak is a good tennisplayer and he respects him for the fact that he is number one of the world, but Ernests is of the opinion, that other qualities are more important to be a great person in general..
Soluschka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #163

I guess it shouldn't surprise me that people find Ernests arrogant. People like to find faults in everyone, but I of course don't agree with this. I think any time Ernests talks up himself or his game, he is saying it mostly for himself than for others. He needs to believe it! He is also honest, and some people find honesty to be quite shocking when it's anything remotely negative about another person. They chalk it up to jealousy or something more than it actually is!

Thank you for the translation! We always appreciate the effort and you did a very nice job!
#ToNameAFew

ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 09-20-2013, 04:39 AM   #164
country flag Soluschka

Soluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond reputeSoluschka has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn´t surpirse me, because the people who wrote the comments that he is an arrogant asshole and stuff like that, did not even take the effort to read Ernests whole opinion about Ernests. They just read that Ernie criticised tha Novak changed and everyone wrote: Well, people do normally change..

I don´t think that he is arrogant at all and I appreciate his honesty, because many other players do not like Novak either, but they wouldn´t say it..
Soluschka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:11 AM   #165
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the translation. Don't bother about others hating Ernests. People who follow him long enough understand the sentiment and the context of his sometime blunt statements. I also don't bother explaining on GM either.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem

Last edited by BlueLighthouse : 09-20-2013 at 05:13 AM.
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote