All About Ernests - Interviews and Articles - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #136
country flag arvind13

arvind13 has a reputation beyond reputearvind13 has a reputation beyond reputearvind13 has a reputation beyond reputearvind13 has a reputation beyond reputearvind13 has a reputation beyond reputearvind13 has a reputation beyond reputearvind13 has a reputation beyond reputearvind13 has a reputation beyond reputearvind13 has a reputation beyond reputearvind13 has a reputation beyond reputearvind13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All About Ernests - Interviews and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmonde View Post
Interview after Raonic match:

Q. It was a good week for you. Can you build on that for the next tournament?

ERNESTS GULBIS: Yes, yes, definitely a good week. Yeah, I feel good.

well atleast he has the positive framework. but these losses to raonic are very very frustrating. Precisely because Raonic is pretty much just a serve and a good (not great) forehand. the rest of his game is mediocre. Ernests is a better player than raonic (if he just learns to be patient and not get frustrated). so hopefully next time, he will beat him.
arvind13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #137
country flag CatBernet

CatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't the best example, but he's done this several times, usually when talking about what gives him confidence. He starts to ramble and then totally contradicts himself by the end of the answer.
CatBernet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:09 AM   #138
country flag osmonde

osmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond repute

Tips from Ernie on how to improve:

http://www.thetennisspace.com/ernest...rove-mentally/
osmonde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:53 AM   #139
country flag RU90

RU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Before this year, this would have been a joke.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #140
country flag Eliande

Eliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.baltic-course.com/eng/baltic_news/?doc=11665
That's great news, right?
Now, let's hope he gets a decent draw for once.
Eliande is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #141
country flag CatBernet

CatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond reputeCatBernet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliande View Post
http://www.baltic-course.com/eng/baltic_news/?doc=11665
That's great news, right?
Now, let's hope he gets a decent draw for once.
Paragraph 3 of that article was why I kept my expectations low today.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:30 AM   #142
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

New article from Ben Rothenberg which includes quotes from the presser today.
http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.co...seid=auto&_r=0

Ones of the things I love about Ernests is how honest and genuine he comes across. He's not perfect. He struggles and he is open about that struggle. Always a pleasure to read his thoughts!
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:33 AM   #143
country flag osmonde

osmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond repute

Worth the read, at least Ernests wants to find solution.

Straight Sets - Tennis Blog of The New York Times
August 26, 2013, 11:02 pm

Gulbis, With a Favorable Draw, Cannot Capitalize
By BEN ROTHENBERG

Ernests Gulbis was one of the more surprising upset losses on Day 1 at the United States Open, falling to 88th-ranked Andreas Haider-Maurer, 3-6, 6-3, 1-6, 7-6 (4), 6-4.

Asked what his thoughts on the match were, Gulbis was typically blunt.

“Very bad thoughts,” he said. “Very bad match. Very bad loss. Not much to say.”

Gulbis came into the tournament off a strong week of training, having not lost a practice set against a roster of skilled practice partners which included Richard Gasquet, Julien Benneteau, and Jeremy Chardy.

“I felt really, really good, really confident, everything was really great,” Gulbis said of his mind-set coming into the tournament. “Physically I felt great.”

He added: “When I came into the match, maybe I got over nervous. Because today in the morning, I woke up and I felt tight. I felt nervous in the warm-up and in the morning I felt tight, couldn’t relax. And when you’re so tight you lose a lot of energy on court. So after two sets I was already exhausted. I was sweating more than usual, everything was — I just tight, I was uptight.”

Gulbis realized the opportunity that had gotten away from him.

“Maybe that I really felt that this tournament I could do well,” he said. “I saw the draw, I liked at the draw, and I could go far. I didn’t put on myself pressure, nobody put on me pressure.”

The 30th-seeded Gulbis was in the wide-open third-quarter of the main draw, which six of the top contenders to win the tournament — Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray, Tomas Berdych, Juan Martín del Potro and Roger Federer. The high seeds in the third quarter are No. 4 David Ferrer and No. 8 Gasquet, the latter of whom has not advanced to a Grand Slam quarterfinal since 2007.

Though some of the lower seeds in the quarter of the draw have had strong summers — No. 10 Milos Raonic, No. 14 Jerzy Janowicz and No. 32 Dmitry Tursunov — 9 of 17 players in the quarter were from the qualifying draw.

While many players say they do not like to look at the draw and preach by the cliché “one match at a time,” Gulbis said he was lured in by the prospect of seeing himself in boldface.

“I was seeded for the first time here, so I wanted to see how the draw looks with my name in bigger letters,” he said with a smile.

Gulbis earned that seed in large part because of his play at the beginning of the year, putting together a 13-match winning streak between February and March. Though his success has not been as consistent since, Gulbis insisted his play had not dipped, just his ability to summon it on the important occasions.

“Honestly I’ve played top tennis,” he said. “It’s just I need to play top tennis in matches. In practice it’s really I play, everything is going my way. I couldn’t prepare better. Honestly, I have no idea what — I have an idea of what happened but I need to find some solutions on how to deal with it, because it’s not good.”

In the search for solutions, it was suggested that maybe Gulbis could consult his coach or a sports psychologist.

“I’ll talk to my coach,” he said. “Psychologist? No. You can go to a psychologist. I don’t need a psychologist.”

osmonde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:41 AM   #144
country flag eze

eze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

In the search for solutions, it was suggested that maybe Gulbis could consult his coach or a sports psychologist.

“I’ll talk to my coach,” he said. “Psychologist? No. You can go to a psychologist. I don’t need a psychologist.”

Hahaha, sending reporters to psychologist, nice

Seriously though, he might need it, maybe Bresnik can go to psychologist to get some tips and then feed those to Ernie in practice sessions, I mean he is like a baby, you can´t just give him the pill, you have to crush it an mix it with sugar
eze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #145
country flag Pavell

Pavell is on a distinguished road

He seems very happy to be seeded.

Hope he can find the solutions soon. Maybe he needs to meditate (again).
Pavell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #146

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Just posted a blog entry on my time at the Rogers Cup in Montreal, Canada. The entry includes a few stories about Ernests! Will hopefully get my stories about Cincinnati up later today or tomorrow!

http://thetravelingfangirl.wordpress...he-rogers-cup/
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 08-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #147
country flag eze

eze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingFanGirl View Post
Just posted a blog entry on my time at the Rogers Cup in Montreal, Canada. The entry includes a few stories about Ernests! Will hopefully get my stories about Cincinnati up later today or tomorrow!

Thanks so much, looking forward to the next one
eze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #148
country flag Eliande

Eliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond reputeEliande has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I totally enjoyed reading your post. Keep them coming.
Eliande is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #149

Thank you! I appreciate the kind words
#ToNameAFew

ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 08-29-2013, 01:54 AM   #150
country flag CatBernet

Quote:

Ok, I read nothing there about you asking to give him a scalp massage. What is the deal? I thought this was a priority. And no discussion of the hairstyle either!!!